PDA

View Full Version : What's the difference between a RT Classic and RT Pro?

skunk702
10-29-2007, 09:25 PM
What's the difference between a RT Classic and RT Pro?

I recently got a RT classic and i know that most of the new parts are not compatible, but beyond the compatibility issues, what is the real difference? Your help is appreciated.

Thanks!!

ThePixelGuru
10-30-2007, 12:17 AM
The main difference is that the RT gets its gas through the rail, whereas the RTP gets gas straight into the valve. I think the RT valves are a little more reactive than RTP ones, but I'm not sure.

REDRT
10-30-2007, 05:31 AM
The Classic is more precision, but it is heavy since it uses Stainless. The gas thru rail is the most noticeable difference, but there are others. The roller bearing carbide tipped sear is one, the valve is unique (smaller diameter so it fits in the body) The notch for the valve isn't on the rail it is on the body. You can not swap anything from the classic to AGDs other stuff in the rail, body, valve department. Even the grip frame is slightly different to allow for the Bango bolt. I'm not sure AGD even offers I frames anymore for them, but all it amounts to is machining the the take down bolt opening bigger to allow for the Banjo. The valve will not stock except ULE trigger upgrade. The valve is extremely reactive at 1000psi or more. I always felt it had the best performance, but I might be bias. One other difference over the pro Is the the pro again shaves weight. The sight rail is a thing piece of metal stamped and bent to fit. The Classic's RT and the Emag share the machined aluminum ones. Fit and finish of the Classic RT might be the very best AGD ever produced. It surely was the most feared when it hit the market. It was the marker to beat in it's day...

angrysasquatch
10-30-2007, 05:08 PM
Wow, that's just about the most knowledgable post I've read on the subject. I knew that most other stuff didn't fit, but i didn't know they changed that many things to make it unique. Too bad they never ended up making those air-powered accesories for it (that's what all those holes in the rail were for).

Very well written REDRT :clap:

REDRT
10-30-2007, 09:11 PM
I have alot of years behind the Classic RT.

skunk702
11-01-2007, 04:05 PM
Thanks you very much for the info, i feel this all finally makes sense.