PDA

View Full Version : Sick of roommates

txaggie08
10-29-2007, 10:34 PM
They're about to put me up a wall. They're going to feel damned funny when they gripe about me, my stuff, and generally act like im filth on there shoes enough that my 32" tv, my stereo, my PS2, and every other piece of electronics equipment they sit so happily and play on walks into MY room and they don't touch it again. :mad: :mad:

MoeMag
10-29-2007, 10:38 PM
haha must be that time o year. We just insult each other profusely.

txaggie08
10-29-2007, 10:49 PM
They, and by they I mean the girlfriend of one of them who moved in unanounced and proceeded to start bossing people around, have decided that I'M to blame for everything that gets used, that because they dont want to discuss anything being used communily they need to hide it in there room, that I'm the source of EVERY mess made in the living room, therefore there going to treat me like schite.

I've had enough, I'm fixing to catch the one I like more and tell him point blank "It stops, or I'm moving out, having the power/water/cable/trash etc. cut off, taking the washer and dryerr(mine), all the elctronics, the freezer, and anything else that's mine, and leaving. Plus I'm going to rat you out to the landlord you have THREE animals on the premises and haven't bothered to pay a pet deposit". Think that would get the message to them?

behemoth
10-29-2007, 11:00 PM
If everythings in your name, kick them out.

txaggie08
10-29-2007, 11:00 PM
The lease isn't , but I could be having a great time having the power cut off....

MoeMag
10-29-2007, 11:02 PM
haha you aren't the fella across the sidewalk from me on the 2nd floor are ya ?

warpig13
10-29-2007, 11:02 PM
Cut the power.

Slap the girl around.
Get that sandwich.

Rudz
10-29-2007, 11:16 PM
slap the girl, then tell her to make you dinner :rofl:

maxama10
10-29-2007, 11:25 PM
Get them out of the place for a weekend. Move everything out as fast as you can and cut the power.

give em a great surprise when they return.

olinar
10-29-2007, 11:29 PM
dude, karate chop to the throat.

/end thread

txaggie08
10-30-2007, 12:12 AM
oh this is cute.

Now they've decided to take MY clothes out of the washer/dryer so THERE **** can get washed. I just got informed it was MY fault I didn't dry the last load they did for them, and it sat on the table next to it for two weeks.

If I stop posting for a few months, someone send bail money....

SCpoloRicker
10-30-2007, 12:23 AM
Porch, lawn, roof, etc...

/hai guys Im a Indian lol!!1

txaggie08
10-30-2007, 12:50 AM
That's an idea......

trevorjk
10-30-2007, 12:53 AM
your names not on the lease you say... Uhauls are what... $20-$50? yep get a new place :)

txaggie08
10-30-2007, 12:58 AM
all three of our names are on the lease, that's the problem. This landlord leases it as a tri-part agreement. I'm tempted to see if I can bug out of it though, this wasn't isn't nearly as draconian as some of my others have been.

and fark a u-haul, this is texas....what kind of vehicle do you think I'm driving :D.

trevorjk
10-30-2007, 01:05 AM
all three of our names are on the lease, that's the problem. This landlord leases it as a tri-part agreement. I'm tempted to see if I can bug out of it though, this wasn't isn't nearly as draconian as some of my others have been.

and fark a u-haul, this is texas....what kind of vehicle do you think I'm driving :D.

Ford Pinto? :p

txaggie08
10-30-2007, 01:19 AM
Doh! :bounce:

I think what I may do is disconnect half of the 220 line and rewire it to the dryer body. It will shock the piss out of her every time she opens the door(I know this cause I accidentally wired it backwards the first time :D)

neppo1345
10-30-2007, 07:35 AM
www.livejournal.com

Crighton
10-30-2007, 08:23 AM
If the GF isn't on the lease boot her!

That or sub let your portion of the lease to her and move out.

Dend78
10-30-2007, 08:33 AM
^^hell of an idea, the beach stays so the beach pays, but she stays without all of your stuff :D , once you are out for about a week call the landlord with a tip that there are 3 animals aside from the three that are on the lease living there :D

bleachit
10-30-2007, 08:35 AM
I've had enough, I'm fixing to catch the one I like more and tell him point blank "It stops, or I'm moving out, having the power/water/cable/trash etc. cut off, taking the washer and dryerr(mine), all the elctronics, the freezer, and anything else that's mine, and leaving. Plus I'm going to rat you out to the landlord you have THREE animals on the premises and haven't bothered to pay a pet deposit". Think that would get the message to them?

I would take caution here... if it were me I would tell him the BS stops now. dont make specific demands/threats. giving them a warning of the action you may or may not take just gives them time to counteract it or blame it on you, or screw you over in some other way.

Rudz
10-30-2007, 09:01 AM
i say wiring the dryer wrong is an awesome idea :rofl:

mobsterboy
10-30-2007, 09:31 AM
I would take caution here... if it were me I would tell him the BS stops now. dont make specific demands/threats. giving them a warning of the action you may or may not take just gives them time to counteract it or blame it on you, or screw you over in some other way.

have a reality check without the bych there. Ask them for respect or you will be repossessioning your electronics and your washer/dryer. I'm betting the Bych is whats causing them to be a holes to you anyways. Girls have a way with twisting and manipulating. Everyone pitches in, everyone helps, its not one persons fault unless somethings damaged and have a policy about the washer/dryer...(If you are doing laundry, you cannot leave until its done and taken out, leaving it free for the next person) Set some rules of the house. It might seem like that would make it worse, but its like surgery, it wont get better until it gets worse and you actually meant for it to get worse.

robnix
10-30-2007, 09:55 AM
Start calling her 'Yoko'. See if they get it.

MagMan5446
10-30-2007, 10:10 AM
why wouldnt you move in with your friends?

rkjunior303
10-30-2007, 10:25 AM
complaining on the internet is definitely the way to go about resolving roomate conflicts :ninja:

Thordic
10-30-2007, 10:40 AM
Ricker, don't you work for his roomate?

grEnAlEins
10-30-2007, 10:48 AM
complaining on the internet is definitely the way to go about resolving roomate conflicts :ninja:
:spit_take QFT :hail:

This is why... I LIVE ALONE :dance: :headbang: Beats the tar out of having roommates, although I probably will live with some roommates after college is done.

txaggie08
10-30-2007, 11:00 AM
I'm betting the Bych is whats causing them to be a holes to you anyways.

You get +1 e-cookie.

And i know complaining isnt useful but it made me feel better....

warbeak2099
10-30-2007, 11:20 AM
Start charging them to use the washing machine lol.

Dend78
10-30-2007, 11:49 AM
install a quarter lock on the washer and dryer :rofl:

Hexis
10-30-2007, 12:14 PM
No one has thought of this solution?

BUNKER THEM!

secretweaponevan
10-30-2007, 12:21 PM
I've been in this exact situation. It sucks. There is no way to win, but here is what I did.

Have a talk with the landlord. Inform him that one of the roommates moved in his girlfriend and there is a personality conflict between you and her and as such, you need to move out and she can take your place on the lease.

He/she will probably call up your roommates and tell them to get her out of there instead of changing the lease.

ASAP, sell the TV, PS2, washer/dryer, anything you can to get up the deposit/down payment on a new place. When said lease expires. Get the hell out of there.
Then run like hell and don't look back.

Good luck man.

rkjunior303
10-30-2007, 12:37 PM
most landlords specifically say you can't have someone living there that's not on the lease.

talk to the roommates and tell them the chick has to leave. if they don't tell her to get out, then go to the landlord about the girl.

teufelhunden
10-30-2007, 12:44 PM
I agree with RK, but I think you might get the girl out except that isn't gonna help any problems with the roommates. I'd skip them and go to the landlord, at least that way you've gone on record as having issues which might help you getting out.

Beemer
11-01-2007, 08:09 PM
:spit_take QFT :hail:

This is why... I LIVE ALONE :dance: :headbang: Beats the tar out of having roommates, although I probably will live with some roommates after college is done.

And you will wished you hadnt. :nono:

Skiddz
11-01-2007, 10:33 PM
i DEFINATLY know how that feels. I think i had it worse tho. I would come home to bunches of people getting drunk. Parties without notice. People sleeping in my bed (passed out is more like it) on top of that the one always... ALWAYS used my towels because he was too lazy to wash his own (this is the reason i had my own towels) It wouldn't be so bad if he asked but he would throw them on the floor and walk on them and get them all dirty like stained. I actually caught him wearing my underwear and using my razor to shave his happy trail.

MUCH worse i think. But then again i am not there.....

Pneumagger
11-01-2007, 10:50 PM
i DEFINATLY know how that feels. I think i had it worse tho. I would come home to bunches of people getting drunk. Parties without notice. People sleeping in my bed (passed out is more like it) on top of that the one always... ALWAYS used my towels because he was too lazy to wash his own (this is the reason i had my own towels) It wouldn't be so bad if he asked but he would throw them on the floor and walk on them and get them all dirty like stained. I actually caught him wearing my underwear and using my razor to shave his happy trail.

MUCH worse i think. But then again i am not there.....

I would never wear the underwear of somebody that has the alias "skiddz". :rofl:

grEnAlEins
11-03-2007, 12:56 PM
I would never wear the underwear of somebody that has the alias "skiddz". :rofl:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Excellent!

I actually caught him... using my razor to shave his happy trail.
:( :confused: WTF? That would be too much for me to handle. I think some :cuss:-kickery might be in order after that :mad:

SCpoloRicker
11-03-2007, 08:07 PM
Ricker, don't you work for his roomate?

Not any more, yet I still am getting a kick out of a lot of these replies.

PyRo
11-04-2007, 06:11 AM
I'd just inform her she is responsible for 1/4 the rent and that if she refuses to pay it she will be asked to leave as per the lease. This way you either get rid of her or get a rent decrease. Other than that just grow some balls, set some rules, and tough it out. Get everyone together, go over whatever probelms you're having. Don't whine about it and don't bring up that you own this or that.
You can deny them the use of your washer/dryer, tv, etc if you feel you must. This makes you officially a jerk though and will not solve anything. If you must do that don't expect to use their couch and kitchen table and do expect them to treat you like a jerk.

Lets take laundry for example. When I was living in a dorm (free laundry) the machines were pretty much always in use. Their was a set of unspoken courtesy rules. If you need a machine and have to remove someone else's wash put it in the dryer and turn it on. If you need a dryer and have to remove someone else's wash make sure it's dry and throw it neatly on a folding table (I actually found my wash folded a couple times). If you need to wash something that doesn't go in the dryer leave a note on the machine, sit there for the cycle, or deal with some shrunk clothing, do not whine because you forgot to leave a note. We had two hundred and fifty people and twelve washers/dryers without any problems. You have a much better ratio then we did. I suggest setting up a similar set of rules. Print them out and hang them above the machine if you must. If they leave their clothes their for a month throw em on their bed, pretty simple.