PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero 3

gimp
10-29-2007, 11:16 PM
Anyone else been rockin out the guitar hero 3? It's pretty slick huh? I haven't gotten to play it much. I'm just trying to get through the career, so I've only played most of the songs once.

Cliffs of dover might be one of the coolest songs ever to play on guitar hero. I think they made this game harder than guitar hero 2. Which is a good thing. Definitely a lot of fun. Especially raining blood. :headbang:

olinar
10-29-2007, 11:30 PM
my bro got it today, i was somewhat surprised when he said there was some tenacious d on it.

i havent played personally but it looks pretty cool from what i watched like 10 minutes ago.

warpig13
10-29-2007, 11:33 PM
I went to band practice.
So does that count?

Cuz liek the game is teh real thing mirite?

gimp
10-29-2007, 11:41 PM
Nope. Band practice doesn't count. Only crappy bands practice. Playing the game implies that you already are a hero and don't need to practice.

Skiddz
10-29-2007, 11:47 PM
hahah

Cliffs of dover was prolly the easiest challenging song for me (i hope that makes sense)

I beat it first try... on expert.

Sooo who wants to challenge me on the wii? One guy has beaten me so far and it was close each time.

oneworld
11-03-2007, 01:32 PM
i just jumped right into to the expert career.. and im stuck on raining blood now.

so i have 40 of 42 songs complete.. cant wait for some dragonforce on expert :headbang:

gimp
11-04-2007, 09:31 AM
I went right into expert as well. I got raining blood pretty easily, but it took me a few tries to get one. I'm not used to having a working tilt sensor, so I end up using my star power when I don't want to, then I don't have it when I need it.

I'm currently stuck on the final boss battle. I've gotten wicked close to beating him. I used the unlock all songs cheat right when I got the game to get the dragonforce song. Either get really good at tapping, or get a rubber band to get the intro down. It's tough.

Pzippy
11-04-2007, 10:39 AM
Just one more reason why I need a 360...

:(

Did it come out for PS2?

gimp
11-04-2007, 11:50 AM
yes. you can get it for ps2 :headbang:

tribalman
11-04-2007, 03:56 PM
yeah, 3 is harder than 2 was. it is available for ps2.

with "through the fire and flames", i am full of epic-phail. 2% before i drop it. i can't figure out how to beat it. i know just press and hold green during the into, but still. once i get past the intro i might be able to beat the song.

Pzippy
11-04-2007, 07:40 PM
yes. you can get it for ps2 :headbang:

I might sell my GC and all my GC games/stuff and pick up a PS2 and a copy of GH 1/2/3.

gimp
11-04-2007, 09:45 PM
yeah, 3 is harder than 2 was. it is available for ps2.

with "through the fire and flames", i am full of epic-phail. 2% before i drop it. i can't figure out how to beat it. i know just press and hold green during the into, but still. once i get past the intro i might be able to beat the song.

You've gotta learn tapping to get that first part. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC5O26AjU8k I can't do it. It's tough. You gotta use your elbow to hit the first note, then start tapping. If you take a piece of tape, or a rubber band and put it over the green fret it makes it easier. It's pretty lame though.

Whee McGee
11-05-2007, 04:35 PM
Beat it on expert. Raining Blood and Cult of Personality were easily the hardest challenges for me. Took a few tries beating Lou, simply becuse of the Battle Powers given (anything other than Whammy Bar has no effect on him), but I got through it too. Currently working my way through Co-Op Career to get the bonus songs from there too.

The mechanics of 2 are completely different from 3. You should be having a hard time switching between the two.
Definitely worth the buy.