PDA

View Full Version : The coolest marker ever?

VeeWee
10-30-2007, 09:37 AM
I've been looking for ideas for a Karta Emag I picked up recently and came across this LINK (http://www.oddpb.com/Gallery/oddguns/bonedaddy.htm). This has to be the coolest paintball gun, let alone xmag, I've ever seen. I tried searching it here and only came up with one reference, Stygshore had this done? Why isn't this thing plastered all over the internet!?

Some of the other markers ODD has on there websight are almost as amazing, anyone here have any experiance with them?

CKY_Alliance
10-30-2007, 12:04 PM
I've been looking for ideas for a Karta Emag I picked up recently and came across this LINK (http://www.oddpb.com/Gallery/oddguns/bonedaddy.htm). This has to be the coolest paintball gun, let alone xmag, I've ever seen. I tried searching it here and only came up with one reference, Stygshore had this done? Why isn't this thing plastered all over the internet!?

Some of the other markers ODD has on there websight are almost as amazing, anyone here have any experiance with them?

Ye styg had that done and if I recall he wasnt 100% satisfied. ODD does some really nice work (well from what I've seen in the pictures) but they are very pricey..also I dont think they are taking anymore work at this time.

BigEvil
10-30-2007, 12:25 PM
I was all over the place.. as a matter of fact he sold it not too long ago. It was called the "Nightmare before Xmag" or something like that.

ProblemKinder
10-30-2007, 01:58 PM
I was all over the place.. as a matter of fact he sold it not too long ago. It was called the "Nightmare before Xmag" or something like that.

yah that's what it was called. i also remember thinking that was the coolest mag i've ever seen. who would sell that??

chairman_mao
10-30-2007, 02:19 PM
Meh. It's ok but personally I don't think of it as the coolest marker ever. I would imagine he sold it because a) he needed cash, b) wanted a change in marker, c) wasn't really satisfied with how it turned out and was sick of looking at it, or perhaps some other reason.

VeeWee
10-30-2007, 04:01 PM
I'd be interested in hearing what he wasn't satisfied with because from the pics it looks flawless.

I love the theme I've been a big fan of Tim Burton's work. Some of the other comic book themed markers on ODD's site look pretty sweet, I don't like Ghost Rider that much but the Ghost Rider gun they did is pretty cool.

robnix
10-30-2007, 04:08 PM
I'd be interested in hearing what he wasn't satisfied with because from the pics it looks flawless.

I love the theme I've been a big fan of Tim Burton's work. Some of the other comic book themed markers on ODD's site look pretty sweet, I don't like Ghost Rider that much but the Ghost Rider gun they did is pretty cool.

You can probably find most of it by searching the forums. Myself, I had Lorne do my Emag, and it came out 95% of what I was looking for. I'm the other side, very happy with the end product.

DeTrevni
10-30-2007, 04:21 PM
Coolest custom marker: Mad Cocker Disease (skeleton cocker)

Coolest production marker: Osiris. That thing was innovative.

mr doo doo
10-30-2007, 04:25 PM
yea, i really liked the look of "The Nightmare before X-mag." really cool looking, let alone the name of it. Of course in the pictures it looks flawless, but StygShore said it had to do with the barrel anno and laser not coming out right, i believe.

StygShore
10-31-2007, 09:44 AM
Actually - the laser was Nice, ODD does nice Anno work, and their recent stuff has been better because they took over all the anodizing services - I offended ODD when I told them that PrecisionPB was a hack anodizer and they needed to find a better company to go with.

The Pics posted are the 2nd or 3rd go around at Anno ( anodizer got the Color/fade wrong the first couple times ) when it got to Fireblade for reassembly and tuning, the anno all rubbed off on the edges and looked like crap. It all went back for 4th Re-anno - took way too long, and he didnt do nearly as nice a job ( School and real life were taking up all his time, and he was doing sloppy work by this time IMHO ) The laser was redone - not quite as good the second time because he had to try and match existing Laser due to PrecieionPB not redoing all the parts they were supposed too - but still looked awesome.

When I got it, I voiced my complaints not naming names until ODD and Precision both started bashing me in my threads. I warned others to avoid PrecisionPB, and that was mostly the end of it. Lorne has a nice little dig at me with the "great passion" line on his site, My Avatar expresses my opinion toward Precision on BEO and PBN. ODD pulls in a lot of work from the pics of the Nightmare, Lorne says he wont do work for me anymore because of the whole ordeal, and I wish I wouldn't have given him a wedding gift now....

It took an eternity to get the gun back - more than a year from start to finish ( If not For A-Tach probably would still be waiting )

I got a great offer for it before I put it on the public market, so I sold it for payments over the summer - I have over $5000.00 in medical bills still looming over my head from various doctors and back surgeries over the last 2 years, and the wife just lost a baby recently ( oddly cheaper initially to have the baby then not have one ) Medical bills and lawyers took precedence over having the Nightmare

The Nightmare before X-Mag is in good hands, and will be put to good use, and is still in the AO community.

I shoot an invert Mini now, and love it, and think I play better with it... I may still give the custom work another shot this winter with a trip to GBA for the Mini and something unique again - just something about having a one of a kind gun that is nice...

Styg
( I'm still the Bone Daddy! )

VeeWee
10-31-2007, 11:35 AM
Thanks Styg. Sorry to hear about your personal problems and its a shame to have to part with something as unique as the Bone Daddy is.

Sounds like the problems were with PPB and not with ODD, but it also sounds like ODD sided with PPB and didn't think you had valid complaints, which it sounds like you did. "The customer is always right", should have been ODD's response to the issues you had and they should've taken care of them, thats like Business 101.

I've read in other threads that there are other people that do laser etching/engraving but not to the extent or detail that ODD does. I'm looking to do something special with my Karta Emag, like you said "...something about having a one-of-a-kind gun...".

So the $100 question, would you still recommend ODD?

skife
10-31-2007, 12:10 PM
i'd love to see a pic of this gun, but that site is over their bandwidth limit :(

TnDeathInc
10-31-2007, 01:39 PM
Do a search here, there are some great pictures of it including a MOTM winning picture.

ThePixelGuru
10-31-2007, 02:12 PM
i'd love to see a pic of this gun, but that site is over their bandwidth limit :(
The Aurora ano page killed the whole site. :rofl:

robnix
10-31-2007, 02:28 PM
Thanks Styg. Sorry to hear about your personal problems and its a shame to have to part with something as unique as the Bone Daddy is.

Sounds like the problems were with PPB and not with ODD, but it also sounds like ODD sided with PPB and didn't think you had valid complaints, which it sounds like you did. "The customer is always right", should have been ODD's response to the issues you had and they should've taken care of them, thats like Business 101.

I've read in other threads that there are other people that do laser etching/engraving but not to the extent or detail that ODD does. I'm looking to do something special with my Karta Emag, like you said "...something about having a one-of-a-kind gun...".

So the $100 question, would you still recommend ODD?

Styg won't, but I would, especially now that he bought out PPB from Rick. I think that Lorne did better anodizing work to begin with.

Here's my impression from my emag. Rick did 90% of the anodizing on my ODD Emag, There were a few spots on the end of the barrel that aren't perfect, but he did a vertical and horizontal fade on the whole thing that matches perfectly. I had the Trigger redone, and a second set of grips as well that Lorne did. He polished the heck out of the grips, so they have a nice gloss on them. The second set of grips he did for free, not because there was anything wrong with the first set though. It took about 4 months for me to get my emag back, and about 2 more for the second set of grips that Lorne did.

When the site is back up, look for the 12th Man Emag.

VeeWee
10-31-2007, 04:34 PM
ODD's site is back up.

I asked for a price check on the Aurora finish for my Karta, heck of commitment. I think I'm still leaning towards an anno/laser themed job.

Robnix, I saw your 12th Man Emag very nice though I don't think I could justify spending that kind of money on a football team themed marker, only because I'm a Lions fan and I wouldn't want to get laughed at :D . Sounds like you had a different(better) experiance than Stygshore.

StygShore
10-31-2007, 09:04 PM
Styg won't, but I would, especially now that he bought out PPB from Rick. I think that Lorne did better anodizing work to begin with.

Here's my impression from my emag. Rick did 90% of the anodizing on my ODD Emag, There were a few spots on the end of the barrel that aren't perfect, but he did a vertical and horizontal fade on the whole thing that matches perfectly. I had the Trigger redone, and a second set of grips as well that Lorne did. He polished the heck out of the grips, so they have a nice gloss on them. The second set of grips he did for free, not because there was anything wrong with the first set though. It took about 4 months for me to get my emag back, and about 2 more for the second set of grips that Lorne did.

When the site is back up, look for the 12th Man Emag.

Honnestly... since Lorne is doing all the Anno now.. I would recommend him. I wanted him to do more work for me, but he wont because of the issues with the Nightmare. -

Styg