PDA

View Full Version : Help With ball breakage...

paintbattler
01-12-2002, 07:47 PM
My 68classic p/f chopped badly..it didnt seem like it chopped in the barrel but i dunno.every once in a while i look down and there was a stream of paint coming out of the whole of the p/f. i dont have a super bolt but i use plastic nubbins. what do you think it is?

Xzion
01-12-2002, 08:52 PM
How long have you had/used mags? you might be short stroking if you havn't yet learnt the trigger.

Omicron
01-12-2002, 09:28 PM
provide more details:

what bolt?
if its a chop or a break? (chop is when the ball doesn't fall into the breech in time and the bolt chops it in half)

Dealaman
01-12-2002, 10:23 PM
What is your barrel made out of and what kind? Aluminum barrels, I've noticed, can get these little chips in the back of them right where the ball goes in and that can cause bad breaks once in a while. The two people above me are right though, it might be a chop and maybe the bottom of the power feed is making the balls stick because of old sticky paint. Hope this helps.

Carson

Cypres0099
01-14-2002, 07:48 PM
There's one more thing you could try.

If indeed it is chopping and you aren't shortstroking and the other things didn't work then you might have the same thing that happened to me.

When I first got my mag it had the normal powerfeed plug, not the parabolic most everyone has now. The powerfeed on my body was a tad longer on the bottom end than it should be so the plug wasn't getting as far up as it needed to.

This was creating a small lip that the paintballs have to go over in order to get into the barrel. This ofcourse was causing my mag to chop faster than a Ginsu knife ;).

The fix for me was to get a parabolic powerfeed plug wich is longer than the normal plugs so it got over the lip.

A Spyder powerfeed plug works impressivley well for a quick fix as there is always someone with extra Spyder parts.

paintbattler
01-14-2002, 07:52 PM
i have all stock internals, and it is chopping in the breech. paint was oozing out of the hole in my powerfeed. i think it was the paint i was useing: Team Colors

Xzion
01-14-2002, 10:03 PM
Since its a new mag, and your chopping, it's probably because your short stroking the trigger, gas up your 'mag and empty the tank dry firing it, and let yourself get use to shooting the trigger.

anthraxxx
01-15-2002, 01:04 PM
I think I understand the mechanics of a short stroke but how can I tell physically that I have short stroked both with and without balls firing, i.e. with balls when you short stroke you will notice breakage (bolt does not return all the way and ball gets broken against the bolt and breech) or balls don't fly as far. Dry firing you get an odd sound like air escaping and not the crisp sound of the bolt firingin forward and being returned to the sear. Is there any other evidence of short stroking?

paintbattler
01-15-2002, 02:14 PM
i know im not short stroking bcuz i had my mag for 1 yrs

Smokee_2_7
01-15-2002, 03:44 PM
just an interesting side note about short stroking. . .

Ive had my mag for 4 years, and every now and then i get a little too excited and short stroke. It can happen to anyone, even if they've been shooting it for a long time. 'just not as frequent. . . sounds like short stroking is really not the problem here-- possibly a bad PF plug.

paintbattler
01-15-2002, 05:45 PM
i was thinking it was the paint i was using. it was kinda cheap. no one at the field liked it and my friend's mag chopped exactly like mine. but my revvy's battery was low and it barely twisted. where do i ge tp/f plugs?

Cypres0099
01-15-2002, 05:49 PM
You can go online at agd's store but first check to see if you have the parabolic.

The parablolic has 2 holes on the bottom of it (the part that sticks out of the powerfeed) these holes have screws in them to adjust the height of the powerfeed.

I personally got mine free from AGD because I had the old one.

Call them up and see what they can do.