PDA

View Full Version : Boom stick help

TTUBubkat
11-01-2007, 07:16 PM
Not sure if this is the correct forum, but my cocker boomstick bcame unglued. The barrel is screwed into autococker right now and when i turn the barrel only the aluminum part turns. I how should I remedy this/ somehow re-glue it?

BigEvil
11-01-2007, 07:22 PM
well, start by taking the barrel off the gun. If it comes apart... mix up some jb weld or another 2 part epoxy (sometimes clear may be better), and apply a little bit to the inside of teh back where the front will sit. Once its together, QUICKLY wipe away any excess, ESPECIALLY from the inside. Its for that reason you should use caution when applying it.

Also note - make sure both surfaces are squeaky-clean before using the epoxy, or it will have trouble sticking. If you have lacquer thinner, use some on a rag to wipe those areas. If not, a good washing with soap and water and maybe some windex may do. That lacquer thinner would also help to clean away excess.

skife
11-01-2007, 07:53 PM
new barrel man, its not going to shoot stright anymore.

Freebird
11-01-2007, 08:18 PM
how old is it?
if its not too old call dye,

if its old, get a new barrel it will never be straight enough again to get you the matching accuracy you used to have