PDA

View Full Version : first time mag owner needs a little help

pablo4429
11-01-2007, 11:26 PM
so i just got my first mag with xvalve and level 10 and when i shoot it and the level 10 kicks in the blot like stops and i have to lightly press the trigger to reset it then it shoots again. i only have one shim but the guy i bought it off of said he would send em the rest of the carriers and shims and possibly a ult if he has it next week. so my question is, is this normal for the trigger to do this or what is it supposed to feel like when it kicks in

Digler45
11-01-2007, 11:46 PM
so i just got my first mag with xvalve and level 10 and when i shoot it and the level 10 kicks in the blot like stops and i have to lightly press the trigger to reset it then it shoots again. i only have one shim but the guy i bought it off of said he would send em the rest of the carriers and shims and possibly a ult if he has it next week. so my question is, is this normal for the trigger to do this or what is it supposed to feel like when it kicks in

just got my Tac-One today. BNIB. It does the same thing if i short stroke it. dont have a problem if you pull the trigger all the way back. i figured it will break in over time.

secretweaponevan
11-02-2007, 12:06 AM
"For most people two shims work just fine. If you find that when you pinch a ball the marker locks up and does not reset then add another shim."

http://www.automags.org/resource/level10/index.shtml

Pablo, looks like you might benefit from adding an additional shim or two.

Edit: Also, IIRC, you want the largest carrier that doesn't leak, not the smallest one that will fire. Once you get a full compliment of carriers you will be able to fine tune your rig.

Freebird
11-02-2007, 07:50 PM
did the valve come pre tuned?

pablo4429
11-03-2007, 02:40 AM
yea sorta i guess but the guess was in south carolina and im in san diego so i guess the humidity can have something to do with it right?