PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used these balls?

bryceeden
11-02-2007, 08:54 AM
http://shopping.netsuite.com/core/media/media.nl?id=8234&c=312007&h=21d666f5cb70a17a1ee7

http://shopping.netsuite.com/core/media/media.nl?id=8232&c=312007&h=fa3614d86afeef3bb315

http://shopping.netsuite.com/core/media/media.nl?id=4799&c=312007&h=706b6ecacfe66ab14ffd

If so how have they worked for you? I'm bringing some in to test and may start carrying them but I'd like to know what people think.

punkncat
11-02-2007, 09:09 AM
One of the local fields has been using that paint. The Black Lotus and Bushido are decent paints. Very brittle, it will break easily with a drop test.
The Voodoo is AWESOME. Great tourney grade paint, super round, and great for breaking on target as well. Not quite as brittle as the others in my experiance, but very good nonetheless.

Hope this helps

Skiddz
11-02-2007, 09:09 AM
i think i've seen the voodoo around before. I believe they are nelsplat brand. If so id carry them. As for the others, they look to me like they are just another brand of paint that took time to attract customers with fancy art. lol

bryceeden
11-02-2007, 11:17 AM
One of the local fields has been using that paint. The Black Lotus and Bushido are decent paints. Very brittle, it will break easily with a drop test.
The Voodoo is AWESOME. Great tourney grade paint, super round, and great for breaking on target as well. Not quite as brittle as the others in my experiance, but very good nonetheless.

Hope this helps

Thats what I wanted to hear. So for my events and stuff I'm looking at selling the VooDoo for $60 and the Bushido and Black Lotus for $40. Since you've used it, in your opinion is it worth those prices?

I'd like to hear some opinions on my selection so for my events and field and stuff my line I'm looking at/carrying already is:

White Box and Revolt for $30/case
Cryptic, Ink'd, Stinger, Black Lotus, Bushido, Proball, and Origin Classic for $40/case
All Star, Combat 68, Proball Platinum, and Origin Signiture for $50/case
Chronic, Evil, Voodoo, and Chronic Pro for $60/case

How does this compare to most FPO type things? Does it look reasonable? What are your opinions?

punkncat
11-02-2007, 11:26 AM
Thats what I wanted to hear. So for my events and stuff I'm looking at selling the VooDoo for $60 and the Bushido and Black Lotus for $40. Since you've used it, in your opinion is it worth those prices?

I'd like to hear some opinions on my selection so for my events and field and stuff my line I'm looking at/carrying already is:

Cryptic, Ink'd, Stinger, Black Lotus, Bushido, Proball, and Origin Classic for $40/case

How does this compare to most FPO type things? Does it look reasonable? What are your opinions?

Your prices are better than what the fields around here charge.
White box 40
mid grade 50
tourney 60
and really good premium paints go 65-70 at many fields in this area.

I really enjoy some of the paints you have listed. Stinger can be had cheaper, and I think of it as practice only paint. I can't stand cryptic/inked, and think you might as well shoot a marble at people. Chronic, Evil, Voodoo, etc. are REALLY good. We started shooting Chronic at the end of last years CFOA schedule and were quite impressed with its performance. I like the little ju-ju heads on the Voodoo.

I think your prices are well in line. Hope you have a good deal of luck. I figure that at the prices you are offering you must be getting a pretty good skid price.....

Paint-Fool
11-02-2007, 11:42 AM

I've used Chronic in the past at a scenario field that was FPO. I believe they were selling it for $60 so to me that's reasonable. Those are good prices on Cryptic and Proball I've used both and paid about the same. That wasn't a field price on those two they were from a dealer so I received a discount. Also I know All Star goes for $50 on-line if you can find it...so all in all they look like great prices. Alot cheaper than what most fields in this area charge and those are good paints not cheap junk they use.

bryceeden
11-02-2007, 11:42 AM
I think your prices are well in line. Hope you have a good deal of luck. I figure that at the prices you are offering you must be getting a pretty good skid price.....

I do get good prices, and I sell alot. I've been carrying the Ink'd and Cryptic alternatlvly, Proball Platinum, and Cronic for the last 6 years but I recently added a few new kinds(all star, evil, and pcs) and my sales and stuff went way up and I've had excelent feedback on having a big selection to choose from so while I want to have a good selection I want to make sure that its all high quality(I agree with the Ink'd being marbles but the people that buy it do so for that reason, it'll never ever break in the barrel and they're not worried about bounces) as my reputation rides on high quality products.

CKY_Alliance
11-02-2007, 12:10 PM
I used the bushido once since it has ninjas on it (or atleast people with swords) it shot good...I think it bounced a little..its been awhile if I recall for the price its not bad.

I think Ive shot VooDoo, if not then ive heard good things about it..

Skiddz
11-02-2007, 12:57 PM
yeah the all stars is a good paint along with chronic and stingers are pretty nice for the price.

I mostly use fireball and blaze tho because i reside an hour away from hells survivors paintball field and play sppl alot.

cowsnose
11-02-2007, 01:01 PM
I've shot the voodoo before. Made by bandai (the anime peeps) right?
Pretty good paint IIRC. Larger bore, round, shot straight. I do remember the fill being REALLY thick though, but that may just be how the field ordered it.

Argelmcgee
11-02-2007, 01:08 PM
Cryptic is a good low grade paint. It doesn't break easily and is far from round. It shoots, but is noticeably less accurate than other paints. I've also had some bad experiences with Origin is good overall, but every once in a while you'll get a bad batch (in both Classic and Signature).

trevorjk
11-02-2007, 01:38 PM
you realize how hard it is going to be to enforce field paint only if your using so many different types of paint...

Chaos_Theory!
11-02-2007, 02:15 PM
Your prices seem on par with the places around here.

Like trevor said, doing FPO with that many kinds of paint is pretty much pointless. Most places that do FPO carry one brand of paint in 3 diff grades at most so its easy to tell who is using what.

If you plan on using that many kinds of paint just charge a few bucks per person if they use their own paint. That way you wont totally get screwed.

bryceeden
11-02-2007, 03:20 PM
Your prices seem on par with the places around here.

Like trevor said, doing FPO with that many kinds of paint is pretty much pointless. Most places that do FPO carry one brand of paint in 3 diff grades at most so its easy to tell who is using what.

If you plan on using that many kinds of paint just charge a few bucks per person if they use their own paint. That way you wont totally get screwed.

I use and alternating and random color skeam. I'm only looking at adding the three I asked about the others I already have and so far my crew has done a good job enforcing FPO, but with low prices and a big selection most people dont even bother trying to sneak in their own paint as there is atleast one they like. It really hasn't been a big problem in the past. I had one team (most of whom are banned from my field for life due to an attempt to injure a player on an opposing team) that frequently tried to sneek paint in but they were never successful.

Scott Hudnall
11-03-2007, 08:22 AM
I've seen Bushido used as a field paint around here. It's a great rental field paint because of the toughness of the shell. Hence, no significant problems with balls breaking in the rental guns. But, for the rec and tny player, the shell tends to be a bit too tough resulting in more than a few bounces. Bushido shoots pretty well, though. I'd give it a try, especially for use in your private games which tend to be all rentals.

If the VooDoo is simply the Nelsplat repackaged, remember that Nelsplat (one of my favorite paints) is easily had online for $37 a case. I'm a big big fan of Nelsplat.

Your prices seem very decent. Keep up the good work! The paintball community appreciates it, seriously!

:cheers:

bryceeden
11-03-2007, 12:34 PM
Voodoo is made by Archon/ZAP not Nelsplat.