PDA

View Full Version : Splash ano Lost and Found

smilestyler
11-02-2007, 12:56 PM
Does anyone else find it difficult to find a mag with splash parts that are entirely complete? I mean at best there is always one or two pieces missing. Random parts often show up in BST, I am wondering if it would justify the effort to gather up these misc pieces to make complete again some of these kits. What is a complete kit's value? Any thought's???

BigEvil
11-02-2007, 06:46 PM
For all the trouble and cost, you could get a new set of whatever you wanted custom annoed. AND, at leat you know you would get the parts back looking like new. The other way... you have no idea what condition things are in.

:cheers:

p8ntbal4me
11-02-2007, 07:25 PM
Does anyone else find it difficult to find a mag with splash parts that are entirely complete? I mean at best there is always one or two pieces missing. Random parts often show up in BST, I am wondering if it would justify the effort to gather up these misc pieces to make complete again some of these kits. What is a complete kit's value? Any thought's???

If you want to go with BE's idea,.. you will be needing a quality anno. shop to do the work.
(obviously)

If your looking for,... say,.. something nice and in the original colors of a mag paint job.... you can get P.K Selective to do it.

I had a PTP Micro Mag w/ the dust splash anno called "Iguana Anno" with everything matching, except the SS classic valve. The gun came out of the box that way.

By FAR the best splash anno. of that time.

~ P8nt

BigEvil
11-02-2007, 07:47 PM
Hey P8nt, did PK do those old Micros?

smilestyler
11-03-2007, 11:25 AM
Does PK do the old school splash jobs?

smilestyler
11-03-2007, 12:07 PM
For all the trouble and cost, you could get a new set of whatever you wanted custom annoed. AND, at leat you know you would get the parts back looking like new. The other way... you have no idea what condition things are in.

:cheers:
stripping=$35
polishing=$100
3 color splash ano=$200
cost of misc parts??
(prices taken from PK selective web site)
This could make a complete splash kit cost over $500 after the necessary parts are purchased. If parts could be collected for $150-175..... :dance:

Loguzzzzzz
11-04-2007, 12:16 PM
Last time I spoke with the owner of PK Selective they were not doing PB gun ano any more. This was about a year ago. Has this recently changed. I live and work near them and would love to have them do my ano. Their work is excellent.

Please let me know if things have changed!
Thanks!

[NA]WARLORD
11-04-2007, 04:09 PM
stripping=$35
polishing=$100
3 color splash ano=$200
cost of misc parts??
(prices taken from PK selective web site)
This could make a complete splash kit cost over $500 after the necessary parts are purchased. If parts could be collected for $150-175..... :dance:

First, I am the guy you were trying to buy my Splash Mag from on McB.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=221316

I was in the same dilemma your in, and was inquiring about parts to be splashed if I could not find the parts needed to finish mine off. A+ was the only annodizer who said they could do splash jobs, but if you go to their gallery you will see the splash job looks nothing like the older splash jobs you are wanting. The reasons I was told why companies turn this work away is mainly due to color matching, time and expense. It's hard to match some colors to the exact hue of the color provided, especially the darker gray on my Mag. The time and expense for a few parts, as I was told, was simply not worth the effort on their part. So, good luck with whatever route you take, but waiting for the parts to show up here and A.O. is your best and most likely, cheapest way to go. Also, ebay is a good resource, two of the main parts I need got sniped right out from under me on a recent auction. So they are out there.

www.AplusAnodizing.com
www.AplusP8ntball.com

p8ntbal4me
11-04-2007, 04:20 PM
Hey P8nt, did PK do those old Micros?

The ones with the fixed barrels?

P.K. Select did mine,.... they sent it to me after it was sold via the original owner.

I think almost all of the originals in splash/multi-color gloss were done by them.

p8ntbal4me
11-04-2007, 04:22 PM
Last time I spoke with the owner of PK Selective they were not doing PB gun ano any more. This was about a year ago. Has this recently changed. I live and work near them and would love to have them do my ano. Their work is excellent.

Please let me know if things have changed!
Thanks!

Let me see if I can get ahold of a buddy of mine that worked for Free Flow a few years back.

They hooked up with an anno. guy in NY that was top notch to do matching.

Like it has been said,... its gonna be pricey,... but they will guarrenty MOST of the work last I heard.

~ P8nt

Jaan
11-04-2007, 11:16 PM
What do you consider a full splash kit?

If I remember correctly all the parts were very expensive at the time (maybe I was just younger and poorer), and you bought what you needed. Not all the parts can be used depending on your set up. For example, you can get a vertical adaptor and expansion chamber in splash, or simply a gadget grip instead. I don't remember seeing double finger trigger frames in splash, only single finger...but I've seen double triggers in splash.

What exactly are you looking for? I think my local paintball store still has 1 or 2 pretty full camo splash kits in stock for a 'Mag. New old stock even.

Sometimes you'll see guns sold with only 1 splashed piece. I've gotten some splashed parts that way. I'll contact the buyer and offer them a trade in parts and some money. Who wants just 1 splashed part anyway?

[NA]WARLORD
11-05-2007, 05:53 AM

If I remember correctly all the parts were very expensive at the time (maybe I was just younger and poorer), and you bought what you needed. Not all the parts can be used depending on your set up. For example, you can get a vertical adaptor and expansion chamber in splash, or simply a gadget grip instead. I don't remember seeing double finger trigger frames in splash, only single finger...but I've seen double triggers in splash.

What exactly are you looking for? I think my local paintball store still has 1 or 2 pretty full camo splash kits in stock for a 'Mag. New old stock even.

Sometimes you'll see guns sold with only 1 splashed piece. I've gotten some splashed parts that way. I'll contact the buyer and offer them a trade in parts and some money. Who wants just 1 splashed part anyway?

Eclipse and Smart Parts offered kits with certain pieces in them. They came in 3 part, 5 part and full kits as well. A full kit included bottomline asa, double trigger shoe, tourney lock, power feed plug, sight rail, body rail and a vert asa or vert foregrip, trigger frame and a barrel. The SP Ultimate Smart Mag was offered with a matching AA barrel in 12/14/16"(your choice of Alum or SS), matching T stock & a vert fore grip or an Air America Expansion Chamber (Whispering Death model) and a matching 20 oz tank.

There wasn't any double trigger frames splashed due to none being available for the Mag at the time. If you wanted a DT frame, you had to cut off the trigger guard and install the new trigger. Most fields considered this a hazard as there wasn't anything to block the trigger from being toggled and it caused lots of misfires in safety zones.

one_quick_ta
11-05-2007, 12:29 PM
i have 3 eclipse kits, i lucked out with one everything was included ex tourney cap the rest are rails foregrips and sight rails. The pesky little parts seem to jump out of your tool kit when your not looking. Also the cool splash pf plugs dont function so well. theyre not like the new parabolic one.
dont know what kind of kit your looking for but this is the one with the complete kit

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2440321#post2440321

smilestyler
11-05-2007, 01:47 PM

I was looking at some APG magazines from 97, and I noticed too how the kits were full or semi full, but they all had at least the rail, asa, and pf plug. I guess the completeness of a kit is always going to be open to debate. I personally feel complete would include a barrel (sold seperatly when new) trigger, sight rail, tourny lock etc.

The purpose of this post is not really a WTB, but more to gauge interest in full kits. But it doesn't seem like there are alot of people looking for a set. Or at least not enough for a person to search the internet and buy all the splash parts out there and try to assemble complete sets for people.

[NA]WARLORD
11-06-2007, 03:49 PM
Back when the kits were available, a full kit would look something like this:

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/1638/actionvillage1762225674zl7.gif

But, Smart Parts offered the trigger frame,the ex chamber' the T stock and the 20 oz as a set in one of their ultimate setups of the Automag. I have seen the trigger frames offered in kit form as well as the 2 finger triggers. Smart Parts also sold the barrels, splashed, seperatley. If I had a scanner, I would scan the image I have with all the splash barrels/colors offered back then. Tracy at Smart Parts sent it to me on an inquiry I had this past summer.

Bolter
11-07-2007, 12:11 PM
I know of a splash mag for sale (unless its been sold ;) ) in the UK.

ThePixelGuru
11-07-2007, 04:22 PM
WARLORD']http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/1638/actionvillage1762225674zl7.gif
With splash kits offered in various numbers of actual splashed parts, I think the only fair way of calling something a full kit would be a kit that includes all of the above parts plus a tank, expansion chamber and trigger frame. Of course, there are splash foregrips that would replace the ASA and expansion chamber. And then there are Micromags that are entirely splashed - clearly that's more of a full kit than any of these. A "complete" kit, as I would define it, would be all the parts from a kit as they were sold by whatever company. Therefore a "complete" kit could be as few or as many parts as a company bundled together.

On the other hand, I'm inclined to not care and just use whatever splash parts I feel like on whatever 'mag.

Bolter
11-08-2007, 11:57 AM
Ok the one in the UK is sold. But heres some pics :)

http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=6147&d=1192660887
http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=6148&d=1192660887
http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=6149&d=1192660887
http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=6150&d=1192660887

I know of another one, but its definately NOT for sale.

smilestyler
11-08-2007, 12:41 PM
Wow :wow: That looks cool. I would love to have a chance to buy something like that.

[NA]WARLORD
11-08-2007, 05:50 PM
With splash kits offered in various numbers of actual splashed parts, I think the only fair way of calling something a full kit would be a kit that includes all of the above parts plus a tank, expansion chamber and trigger frame. Of course, there are splash foregrips that would replace the ASA and expansion chamber.

I would tend to agree, but thats how pbgear described that kit at the time. If you look at that kit, it has an eclipse rail/sight rail/tourney lock, but Smart Parts was the only distributer of the AA barrels. SP originally distributed the eclipse kits until they developed their own. The tanks/T stocks/X chambers and trigger frames were all SP products and other then the trigger frames, the tanks/stock/xchamber was only available in a kit form of an "ultimate" Mag package.

And then there are Micromags that are entirely splashed - clearly that's more of a full kit than any of these.

I wouldn't classify a Micromag in this group as most of its splash parts aren't/weren't offered in a kit form and aren't compatible with most Mags other then themselves.

A "complete" kit, as I would define it, would be all the parts from a kit as they were sold by whatever company. Therefore a "complete" kit could be as few or as many parts as a company bundled together.

I agree, but then all the parts would have to match and finding all of them would be tough as hell due to how scarce some of these parts actually are.