PDA

View Full Version : number of people viewing

OEM Petey
11-02-2007, 08:09 PM
So i go to PBN to see whats on sale there and what do you know, 25 people viewing the "Airgun Designs" forum, 34 viewing the "Dye" forum and 27 viewing the "Eclipse" forum.

Agd is blowing up again. I was very surprised as well when I was viewing my local forums, quite a few people looking for AGD things. Just not too long ago when i posted my mag for sale there some people didnt even know what a mag was.

Just something I found interesting

Chronobreak
11-02-2007, 10:07 PM
theres still a steady interest of newer players/members in the agd forum.

to be honest, alot of people seem to be looking at the pic threads, and liking what they see :D

guess looks do count, even on a mag

seems to be a good interest in the tac series as wel

Railgun
11-02-2007, 10:44 PM
Do you think it may be a movement away from electros in general and a renewed intrest in the mechanical side of the universe?

I'm new as well but it seems like there's a lot of new intrest in the mechanical autococker forums as well. And pump is taking off all over. While I seriously doubt if mechanical semi and pump will ever be in the majority ever again it would be nice to see both of these facets claim a sizable population to ensure that the makers see clear to providing new product for us.

phizz
11-03-2007, 12:26 AM
Jeeze I haven't even looked at the automag thread on pbn in ages!

lt500
11-03-2007, 12:56 AM
I think people are starting to realize how expensive shooting a hopper and five pods a game can be. When I got my first mag I was on an extremley limited buget and as time passed I moved to the elcetro scene. After paying like $60 a case for Chronic or Evil paint and have to buy two cases just for maybe one day of play, I was scrounging for money everywhere. Now that I only play with my mag, I only need half to one case of mid-grade paint a day. I think people are reallizing that you don't need to spend a fortune just to have fun playing paintball. I would sure love to see AGD make it back into the main stream again.

Skiddz
11-03-2007, 01:49 AM
What i think it is, may be what kind of intrigued me to get a tac-one. I am a scenario player and was a primary a5 shooter. It was weird to switch to a center feed gun but i did because the reliability and mainanence was just as good and easy as a tippmann. I wanted a lighter gun so i looked toward automags which i always wanted anyways.

the choice for a tac one comes mostly from my affiliation with spec ops.... and i believe that is the same thing for most other people.

PumpMag
11-03-2007, 02:04 AM
The ingenious design of the mag makes it upgradeable to all forms: pump, scenario, electro, pneumatic. There's just no limit.

With today's new player always looking for the latest and greatest, eventually some of them will become regular long-time players and finally discover the Automag and its ability to modify to one's own personal taste in both appearance and function.

AirAssault
11-03-2007, 08:55 AM
to be honest, alot of people seem to be looking at the pic threads, and liking what they see :D

I look at the pic thread and like what I see. There are SO many HOT mags in the pics. I can't believe some of the work some peeps have into them. I will put a tricked out mag up against any other marker and will prob take the mag (love "real" ripper milling though).

Jaan
11-03-2007, 09:02 AM
The ingenious design of the mag makes it upgradeable to all forms: pump, scenario, electro, pneumatic. There's just no limit.

With today's new player always looking for the latest and greatest, eventually some of them will become regular long-time players and finally discover the Automag and its ability to modify to one's own personal taste in both appearance and function.I'd have to strongly disagree with both those statements.

The one thing I remember most about 'Mags in the old days, when both 'Mags and 'Cockers were the guns to get, was that there simply wasn't that much you could do to a 'Mag. That's the one place where 'Cockers reigned supreme. It's just not an easily customizable gun.

Also..."there's just no limit"? Yes, there are huge limits to what you can do with a 'Mag. Availability of parts for one; you can't just go out to your local paintball store and buy an electro or pump 'Mag. It's a real pain in the @$$ to put together a custom 'Mag.
The other big limit to putting together a custom 'Mag is good ol' fashioned money. It costs way more to put together a pump 'Mag or electro 'Mag than it does to just go out and buy a decent new alternative.

Mind'sEye
11-03-2007, 11:20 AM
The one thing I remember most about 'Mags in the old days, when both 'Mags and 'Cockers were the guns to get, was that there simply wasn't that much you could do to a 'Mag. That's the one place where 'Cockers reigned supreme. It's just not an easily customizable gun.

Also..."there's just no limit"? Yes, there are huge limits to what you can do with a 'Mag.

Hmm.....have you looked at a MOTM thread lately or are you just winging it from "memory"? :rolleyes:

Jaan
11-03-2007, 07:26 PM
Hmm.....have you looked at a MOTM thread lately or are you just winging it from "memory"? :rolleyes:
I won MotM in May boy.

dixieoutfitter94
11-03-2007, 07:30 PM
I think people are starting to realize how expensive shooting a hopper and five pods a game can be. When I got my first mag I was on an extremley limited buget and as time passed I moved to the elcetro scene. After paying like $60 a case for Chronic or Evil paint and have to buy two cases just for maybe one day of play, I was scrounging for money everywhere. Now that I only play with my mag, I only need half to one case of mid-grade paint a day. I think people are reallizing that you don't need to spend a fortune just to have fun playing paintball. I would sure love to see AGD make it back into the main stream again.
you shoot too much :p I only go through like 2 bags of paint but ya I noticed that on the nation that alot of new people are starting threads and posting..... thats cool now they need to make RT legal in tourny's :D

A-Tach-One
11-03-2007, 07:31 PM
I won MotM in May boy.
Boy? lol Im pretty sure my pop is older than you. :rolleyes: Just sayin.

dixieoutfitter94
11-03-2007, 07:33 PM
Boy? lol My pop is probably older than you. Just sayin.
thats not saying much..... your dad could be like 90....

A-Tach-One
11-03-2007, 07:36 PM
thats not saying much..... your dad could be like 90....
Huh? I just thought him calling my dad "boy" was funny.

OEM Petey
11-03-2007, 07:42 PM
I'd have to strongly disagree with both those statements.

Also..."there's just no limit"? Yes, there are huge limits to what you can do with a 'Mag. Availability of parts for one; you can't just go out to your local paintball store and buy an electro or pump 'Mag. It's a real pain in the @$$ to put together a custom 'Mag.
The other big limit to putting together a custom 'Mag is good ol' fashioned money. It costs way more to put together a pump 'Mag or electro 'Mag than it does to just go out and buy a decent new alternative.

I think the mag has limits above many other guns. Take a dm for example. You can: anno it, put a different trigger on it, put a "lighter or more effiecient bolt" in it. What else? Same thing with an ego.

Mags are VERY modular. They consist of what: a main body, rail, valve, trigger frame, grip/gas thru. There any MANY various kinds of each out there. Yes, some hard to find but attainable. There so many different possibities with aesthetics.

A gun thats mech can be turned into ep, pneumatic, eletronic, etc. You'll have to put some elbow grease to make some of them but for me at least, thats where the fun lies.

I think thats where pump mag was leaning towards.

dixieoutfitter94
11-03-2007, 08:23 PM
Huh? I just thought him calling my dad "boy" was funny.
ohhhhhhh I didnt know it was your dad, my bad son :cheers:

AirAssault
11-03-2007, 08:49 PM
I won MotM in May boy.

:spit_take

Love it.

maniacmechanic
11-03-2007, 08:50 PM
Dixie ; Shut Up , what did I tell ya

Mind'sEye
11-03-2007, 09:38 PM
I won MotM in May boy.

LOL, in four years you're going to be paying for my Social Security check. Anyway, I see your point now. :p

dixieoutfitter94
11-03-2007, 09:45 PM
Dixie ; Shut Up , what did I tell ya
I know, im 13 years old (im suppose to say that before every post :rolleyes: )

Rudz
11-03-2007, 11:21 PM
:spit_take

Love just to be a prick.

Thought so

/suckah