PDA

View Full Version : Flameless Smoke grenades?

Dark Side
11-03-2007, 11:28 AM
I've heard great things about Rap4's and Smokegrenades.net's; however I can't find any other eletric grenades. Any body know where to find them?

Paint-Fool
11-04-2007, 04:27 PM
Hmmm never heard of electric ones. I know of cold smoke kinds those are the only ones allowed at the local scenario field I play at. If I can find the link to them I will post it.

Dark Side
11-05-2007, 10:39 AM
Hmmm never heard of electric ones. I know of cold smoke kinds those are the only ones allowed at the local scenario field I play at. If I can find the link to them I will post it.

Thanks. Rap4 and Smokegrenade.net is out of stock.

rkjunior303
11-05-2007, 10:46 AM
yeah, look for cold smoke.. i believe the big ones we set off during our big games are actually signal smoke for boats.

Pudgey51
11-05-2007, 11:32 AM
yeah, look for cold smoke.. i believe the big ones we set off during our big games are actually signal smoke for boats.

i was just gonna say the only flameless ones i have seen r the lifesmoke ones that are nautical smoke signals. We had them for awhile and from what everyone said they worked great, i forget how long they go for but they said they left a nice dense orange smoke. They werent cheap tho. anyway go to yahoo and type in lifesmoke mk5. if u find the right place u can get a bulk pack of like 12 or something for around $100. i just did a quick search and couldnt find it so happy hunting :cheers:

rkjunior303
11-05-2007, 11:34 AM
i was just gonna say the only flameless ones i have seen r the lifesmoke ones that are nautical smoke signals. We had them for awhile and from what everyone said they worked great, i forget how long they go for but they said they left a nice dense orange smoke. They werent cheap tho. anyway go to yahoo and type in lifesmoke mk5. if u find the right place u can get a bulk pack of like 12 or something for around $100. i just did a quick search and couldnt find it so happy hunting :cheers:

those are exactly the ones we use. the orange smoke is NICE>

Dark Side
11-05-2007, 12:56 PM
I was looking into Blue smoke. These games will be held on an Air Force base (coincindently beside a bay) and I don't want the people running into the area thinking something "real world" has happens.

Pudgey51
11-05-2007, 01:04 PM
junior- the local paintball club used them at our field and from the pics they looked like they worked great. i wish i had bought some while we still had them.

Dark side- blue smoke? i dunno if any cold burning smokes have that, ive never seen them at least i bet u could make them tho...

there used to be a site online that listed a bunch of ways to make smoke bombs most were hot burning but i think i remember seeing a few how-tos on cold burning...the only problem is the site was not one u would want to be found using if u catch my drift but good for educational purposes :ninja:

Mescalito
11-06-2007, 04:11 AM
Flameless smoke is for the weak. Skydivers and base jumpers have been jumping M 18 smoke for years. "But our trees might burn and our grass might singe!" Don't make me laugh. If my nylon melts, there is a pretty good chance I will die. F your "insurance." Have a nice day folks. :shooting:

Ninjeff
11-06-2007, 04:13 AM
Flameless smoke is for the weak. Skydivers and base jumpers have been jumping M 18 smoke for years. "But our trees might burn and our grass might singe!" Don't make me laugh. If my nylon melts, there is a pretty good chance I will die. F your "insurance." Have a nice day folks. :shooting:

how about you tell us how you really feel. :rofl:

;)

Mescalito
11-06-2007, 04:20 AM
how about you tell us how you really feel. :rofl:

;)

I really feel like the sport has degraded in the past 10 years and has henceforth become a freaking joke. Want some adrenaline? Turn 18 and come skydiving, make 250 jumps and then find someone to teach you to BASE jump. Please don't forget to bring a lot of your parents money to the drop zone, however. :headbang:

You asked.

ThePixelGuru
11-06-2007, 04:34 AM
I really feel like the sport has degraded in the past 10 years and has henceforth become a freaking joke. Want some adrenaline? Turn 18 and come skydiving, make 250 jumps and then find someone to teach you to BASE jump. Please don't forget to bring a lot of your parents money to the drop zone, however. :headbang:
Okay, smoke and flares in the hands of trained individuals is one thing, chucking a flaming device into the woods is something else entirely. Forest fires are serious business. And in this case, it's also most likely irrelevant because the Air Force probably won't let him use hot-burning smoke.

Clearly, however, you've found something else to satisfy your need to feel hardcore. Which begs the question, why are you still here?

Mescalito
11-06-2007, 04:36 AM
Okay, smoke and flares in the hands of trained individuals is one thing, chucking a flaming device into the woods is something else entirely. Forest fires are serious business. And in this case, it's also most likely irrelevant because the Air Force probably won't let him use hot-burning smoke.

Clearly, however, you've found something else to satisfy your need to feel hardcore. Which begs the question, why are you still here?

I've got "gear" I need to sell. hah :D

Dark Side
11-06-2007, 03:28 PM

You summed it up. I enjoy recieving a paycheck. The field is ON an Air Force base so I must conform to their wants and wishes.

rkjunior303
11-06-2007, 04:02 PM
Dark, those coast guard emergency smoke grenades are probably your only choice. keep in mind, smoke is meant to be seen, so usually blue isn't all that great for that.

Dark Side
11-07-2007, 07:34 AM
I know what you mean. Thanks man.