PDA

View Full Version : Problems w/ Pneumag!!!

Stayhuge
11-04-2007, 04:02 PM
Hey everyone, I just had a chance to put together my pneumag. I am having problems with the MSV-2, I think(It's the 3 way that the trigger pushes.) anyway, When I air it up, and pull the trigger, it shoots. But it won't shoot again. I tried disconnecting the piston section, to see if it had to do with that, so I figured that when I pull the trigger, the air should go through since there is nothing on the other end to jam it up, but nothing happened. Then I disconnected the hose from the LPR and tried two things, one: I truned the air on, and there was air coming from the LPR, which means that that is feeding air. Then I tried blowing into the air in side of the MSV-2, and pushed the trigger arm. air went through fine. I need help!!! Has this ever happened to anyone? I should also say that I tried adjusting the LPR starting at the lowest level, and slowly increasing it. That didn't work either. I did buy the parts used, so is there a chance that the MSV-2 is busted? I didn't think it was, because it seemed to function properly when I blew into it with my mouth. Any advice is greatly appreciated. THanks everyone.

longi
11-04-2007, 05:13 PM
1...Does the lever catch any of the intellifeed mount? If it does, shave off some more of the mount.
2...Are the hoses connected to ther right connections?
3...If you take off the MSV-2, will it fire as it should?

Stayhuge
11-04-2007, 05:25 PM
No to all three. I tried everything. The lever still moved, but the air doesn't seem to flow through the MSV-2. I think that's the problem.

Mongoose
11-04-2007, 05:43 PM
contact cyberave68. he sells msv-2 and they work great.
it sounds like you need a new one
....also try adding some oil to your msv-2 thrue the in port.

cyberave68
11-04-2007, 09:16 PM
Check to see if the sear is allowed to go far enuff forward to reset. If by chance the piston is to far back it would keep it from resetting... You should be able to here it click when it sets. Try this. Air it up and hold the trigg back for a couple of seconds. Then release it, You should be able to here a click, meaning the on/off has reset to fire. can be part of the problem...

longi
11-05-2007, 12:26 AM
Try a another MSV-2 and see if that works. Good job they're cheap!

Stayhuge
11-05-2007, 08:51 AM
Well it appears that I have a problem with the LPR. When I gas up the marker with nothing attached to the LPR, the gas flow right through. Then I noticed it stops sometimes. If I attach the MSV-2, no air goes through to it. I think there might be a problem with the Tickler. It's brand new, is there anything that I should do? Can do? please help, has anyone had problems like this before? It's very frustrating. I appreciate any and all advice. Thanks in advance.

MedicDVG
11-05-2007, 08:56 AM
try turning up the pressure in the LPR? Maybe it is set too low to properly actuate the piston.

longi
11-05-2007, 10:26 AM
Take the MPA-3 out from the frame, and gas the the gun up. Then fire the gun in rapid sucession to test the MPA-3 works properly without actually firing the gun itself. Look for hose kinks, especially at the back of the MPA-3 or any where it might get squashed and inhibit the air flow. Are you using a QEV in your setup? If so take that out to see if that is the problem. It will be one of only three problems, the hose is kinked/sqashed, a faulty component, or it is in fact connected up wrong (No offence!). Or the LPR requires more adjustmemt as has been already mentioned.
Pic's or a video would be a great help if possible. :)

Stayhuge
11-05-2007, 11:04 AM
I don't think the problem lies in any of the components of the Pneumag. I am 99% sure there is something wrong with the Tickler. When I gas it up and it is connected to the MSV-2, no air comes through. I know this for a fact, because I have the MSV-2 connected, and then I disconnect it by detaching the hose from the barb (I have one of those quick release barbs, that looks like a mini-macroline elbow). when I do this, nothing is coming out of the LPR. Then, while nothing is connected to the LPR, I gas it up, and the air comes flowing through, fairly strong too. For some reason, when the LPR senses resistance, it locks up, and doesn't allow any air through. I don't think there is anything wrong with the MSV-2, because when I blow air into it from my mouth, it appears to function fine. I think the issue is in the LPR. I tried taking it apart, but the truth is, I have no clue what the inside of this thing is supposed to look like. So even if there was something missing or out of place, I could do anything about it. If anyone knows where I can find a diagram of the newer Tickler, that might slove this issue. One thing that I noticed about the LPR is that when I turn the nob in clockwise, I can tighten it pretty far, to the point that it is hitting the barb. This makes me think that there is something missing from the inside and therefore it can tighten down pretty far. Does anyone know if this is normal?

For everyone that has given me answers so far, I really appreciate it!! Basically, I started at the sear, and I can actually move that myself with my finger, and the gun fires, so I don't think that the problem lies there. I have also seen the MPA-3 fire, so I don't think that's the problem. And, I am pretty sure the MSV-2 is ok. I think my next step is to just buy a new LPR and give it a shot, if nothing else seems to work. Hopefully, that will do it.

Spider-TW
11-05-2007, 01:58 PM
Have you put any oil through the tickler? I've had some awful sticky factory lube in other regulators.

Stayhuge
11-05-2007, 02:10 PM
I haven't tried that. Maybe that's it. I sure hope it is. I'll prob give it a shot when I get home. I still feel like there might be something out of place in it. If anyone can get me a breakdown pic of a Tickler, that would be great. I tried the WGP website, and couldn't find anything. Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Spider-TW
11-05-2007, 02:16 PM
I was looking for one too, but haven't found it. I have seen a picture of one laid out, but I cannot find it. I figure mine will need help eventually.

rawbutter
11-05-2007, 02:49 PM
If anyone knows where I can find a diagram of the newer Tickler, that might slove this issue. One thing that I noticed about the LPR is that when I turn the nob in clockwise, I can tighten it pretty far, to the point that it is hitting the barb. This makes me think that there is something missing from the inside and therefore it can tighten down pretty far. Does anyone know if this is normal?

This is normal. When the Tickler is unscrewed completely, it's "off." You screw it in further to increase the pressure.

As for what's inside.... nothing much. There's only an o-ring and a spring, if memory serves. I have a tickler at home that I can take apart and take some pics to show you what should be inside (I'll post the pics tonight).

Stayhuge
11-05-2007, 02:56 PM
Thank you so much!! I tried unscrewing the cap and airing it up, and then slowly screwing it on, but it doesn't seem to let any air through. I don't know what it could be. I'll just have to play around with it tonight. Pics would definately help. Thank you!!!

rawbutter
11-05-2007, 04:55 PM
Here are some pics of what should be in a tickler.

This is how it looks disassembled. The spring goes inside, the cap goes over the spring and screws on past the o-ring (which seals it up tight). As you tighten the cap, the spring pushes harder against the inside piston.
http://www.rawbutter.com/images/paintball/DSC04493.JPG

This is a picture of the piston (or whatever you want to call it). If you push on it with the end of a pen, it should depress and then spring back when you relieve pressure.
http://www.rawbutter.com/images/paintball/DSC04494.JPG

And this is where the spring goes. :cool: (I'm not really sure why I took this picture.
http://www.rawbutter.com/images/paintball/DSC04495.JPG

Hope this helps. I suppose there could be a problem on the other side of your piston, but I've never disassembled the ticker that much, and I would even have any idea where to start.

Stayhuge
11-05-2007, 05:07 PM
Thanks, I think there is a problem with the piston, because I don't recall it actually moving when I pushed on it. I will have to give it a look when I get home tonight. I did disassemble the other side, so maybe that has something to do with the problem, although it wasn't working before I did that, so I don't know what to do. I am in the process of buying a cheap ANS LPR just to test and see if the Tickler is really the problem. I am almost certain it is, but you never know. Now, I am using a CP on/off, and the line to my valve is on the right side(same as the X Valve port) and the Tickler is mounted on the Left side. This shouldn't be a problem, right? I am exploring all possibilities at this point. Very frustrating. Thanks again for all of the help. Greatly appreciated!!!

rawbutter
11-05-2007, 05:13 PM
Well, if all else fails, this tickler does work... and I am selling it in my sale thread (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=221784). ;)

Spider-TW
11-05-2007, 05:17 PM
The guts should be like Doc's Machine Figure 1. (http://www.docsmachine.com/tech/regs.html)

Rawbutter, is there a snapring (c-clip) inside the top above the piston? Mine looks like the bottom fitting (1/8npt) comes out to access the seat.

Thanks for the pics.

Stayhuge
11-05-2007, 05:47 PM
PMing you Rawbutter...

Thanks for the diagram, Spider. It's similar to that.

Stayhuge
11-05-2007, 10:22 PM
Yea, so I finally got a chance to work on it when I got home tonight, and still no luck. I am pretty sure I am missing a part on the other side of the reg. Right now, when I air it up, nothing comes out unless I tighten the knob all the way, then the air flows. When I hook up the MSV-2 it works fine, no leaking there, but I did notice that when the knob is tightened all the way, there is a small leak out of the top of the Tickler. I don't know what to do, so for now, I am picking one up off of Rawbutter, and hopefully that will work for me. If anyone knows what the new "Symptons" represent, please speak now, or forever hold your peace. LOL, just kidding. I figure having a second Tickler as a back up can't hurt, right? Thanks everyone.

Spider-TW
11-06-2007, 09:12 AM
What is your inlet air pressure on the tickler? If it is too high, the spring in the top may not be stiff enough.

Stayhuge
11-06-2007, 09:27 AM
It's attached right to my Tank ASA. I have a preset tank, 800/850 psi. I have seen others have this set up. I don't know why it wouldn't work?

Spider-TW
11-06-2007, 09:40 AM
That should be fine... let us know what raw's tickler does.

Stayhuge
11-06-2007, 11:19 AM
Absolutely, I really appreciate all of the help. I have no clue what could be wrong with the one that I have. Is there a Low Pressure spring that could be in there instad of the one that can handle 850psi? That's the only thing that I can think of that could be wrong. Either that, or I am missing something on the other side of the reg. Oh well, I guess I'll know in a few days when I get Raw's LPR. Can't wait to get this thing ripping!!!!

Stayhuge
11-06-2007, 03:39 PM
Hey, so this is a breakdown of what is inside my Tickler. I should also say that there is two discs inside the body. The one to the side of the cap moves, and the other seems to be stationary. The one that is stationary has a hole in it, through which the piston moves. the other is solid. Please let me know if there is anything obviously missing. This could be an easy fix. I hope. Thanks everyone.

http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/11/30915455396.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=7030576)

Spider-TW
11-06-2007, 05:07 PM
From raw's photos, I thought the piston was going the other way. Will it go in either way?

Stayhuge
11-06-2007, 05:27 PM
I don't think that's how it goes. The thing that is shown in Raw's photo's I also have. The piston in the pic cannot be seen in Raw's photos. Thanks though. I tried switching the piston around, and that was unsuccessful.

rawbutter
11-06-2007, 08:06 PM
I don't think that's how it goes. The thing that is shown in Raw's photo's I also have. The piston in the pic cannot be seen in Raw's photos. Thanks though. I tried switching the piston around, and that was unsuccessful.

Yeah... apparently the tickler could be taken apart more than what I did. I would take more pics, but I've already mailed it to you. :D

Stayhuge
11-06-2007, 09:52 PM
Yeah... apparently the tickler could be taken apart more than what I did. I would take more pics, but I've already mailed it to you. :D

That's cool, I don't plan to touch it, as long as it works. Thanks again, can't wait to get this thing ripping!!!! :headbang: :shooting:

Stayhuge
11-15-2007, 01:49 PM
Yea, so I figured out what was wrong with the reg. The Piston cap O ring was damaged. I just ordered a bunch of new internal parts for this thing from WGP. Should have it up and running soon. I was looking aroung on PBNation in the WGP section, and someone actually posted a complete breakdown of the Karnivor, including the Tickler reg. It was great because it gave me the part numbers too. If anyone else needs a breakdown of the reg, LMK, and I can send you the pic.