PDA

View Full Version : What is a pneumag?

Argelmcgee
11-04-2007, 08:04 PM
I've searched the forums, and I just can't seem to figure this out. What do the pneumatics do on a pneumag? All the posts piqued my curiosity, and now I'm really anxious to find out :D

Thanks,

Argelmcgee
Red Raiders Scenario Team

one_quick_ta
11-04-2007, 08:07 PM
basically its installing a pneumatic function that takes the place of the connecting rod between the trigger and sear. instead your pushing a threeway which triggers a pneumatic actuator that trips the sear the rate of fire is increases a ton depending on the setup there are instructions on how to do it and ppl that are doing the conversions i jus finished mine and now im selling the frame to do another.

Argelmcgee
11-04-2007, 08:13 PM
So you need milling and all those parts and hoses just for a faster ROF? If it wasn't for the LPR sticking out, I'd say that it was great, but I think LPRs are pretty ugly, so...

jshelto3
11-04-2007, 08:30 PM
many people are putting the lpr inside of the frame. Pretty easy to do with an aftermarket frame like the UMF or an airwalk.

one_quick_ta
11-04-2007, 08:36 PM
the positioning of the lpr is basically totally up to you just depends on your budget really. i like having it out just a little peek a boo for those who talk down mags. and the rate of fire goes from say 12 to around 20 it takes a woodsball mag and retrofits it to handle torneys with none of those pesky electronics.

rawbutter
11-04-2007, 10:03 PM
So you need milling and all those parts and hoses just for a faster ROF? If it wasn't for the LPR sticking out, I'd say that it was great, but I think LPRs are pretty ugly, so...

There are alternatives to a standard LPR. You can use a "normal" reg, like a Palmer's stabilizer or a torpedo reg... you just need to reroute some of the air and lower the pressure down to about 50 psi for the pneumatics.

Oh... and check this (http://www.automags.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2350998&postcount=4) out. It's an animated version of how a pneumag works. It really helped me understand the whole concept.

Argelmcgee
11-04-2007, 10:23 PM
Wait a sec... Are you saying that the trigger merely pushes that little rod on the three way, which uses air to physically push the sear back (via the actuator)? If that is so, I'm guessing the normal reactivity pushes the rod back, basically a reactive trigger.

So does that makes the trigger pull lighter?