PDA

View Full Version : Short-stroking

Argelmcgee
11-04-2007, 08:17 PM
Today I had an on/off problem with shortstroking. For whole games, every time I'd take my first shot it would short stroke, and the second shot would be a double shot. No matter how hard I concentrated, I couldn't get it to stop shortstroking on the first shot. All subsequent shots would be fine until I paused and took that first shot again. I've never had this problem before.

I also hadn't tuned my Level 10 this morning. With air it was fine, but when I put paint in, I'd get that first shot shortstroke.

I suspect if I just tune it, it'll be fine, but it was just pretty annoying.

Argelmcgee
Red Raiders Scenario Team

viper-mayhem
11-05-2007, 08:41 AM
You didn't state if you had a ULT on/off or not. If you do have one installed, adjust your trigger rod shorter by about a 1/4 turn. I found that a ULT on/off compared to a RT on/off is slightly taller, hence shortening the trigger rod.

athomas
11-05-2007, 11:19 AM
Today I had an on/off problem with shortstroking. For whole games, every time I'd take my first shot it would short stroke, and the second shot would be a double shot. No matter how hard I concentrated, I couldn't get it to stop shortstroking on the first shot. All subsequent shots would be fine until I paused and took that first shot again. I've never had this problem before.

I also hadn't tuned my Level 10 this morning. With air it was fine, but when I put paint in, I'd get that first shot shortstroke.

I suspect if I just tune it, it'll be fine, but it was just pretty annoying.

Argelmcgee
Red Raiders Scenario TeamShort stroking only occurs when you pull the trigger for the second shot before you have fully released it from the first shot.

What you are experiencing is not short stroking if it is occurring on the first shot. It sounds like you might be getting bolt stick. Increase your velocity setting and I bet it works better. If that means the velocity is too high, then you need to use the next shorter bolt spring.