PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question about a reg and Automag

Blitzen
11-04-2007, 09:55 PM
Will a vert shocker reg (the older kind with the air input on the side of the reg, NOT on the bottom) fit on an automag with a intelli frame?

rawbutter
11-04-2007, 09:57 PM
depends on the rail... it won't fit on a classic rail, but it should fit on a RT rail, or a splinter, or a shadow.

Why do you want to put a reg on a mag, though? It already has an internal reg.

Blitzen
11-04-2007, 10:03 PM
depends on the rail... it won't fit on a classic rail, but it should fit on a RT rail, or a splinter, or a shadow.

Why do you want to put a reg on a mag, though? It already has an internal reg.
Got any pics of a RT rail or splinter or shadow? Also which one of these is the least expenisve?

Shane-O-Mac
11-05-2007, 09:43 AM
That reg will not work well for a Mag. It is a low pressure reg, and your mag already has all the regulation it needs. IF you HAVE to put another reg on it, then it would have to output 600psi. But your tank has a reg (HPA tank) and the gun has a regulator built in, so there is NO reason to add another reg.

Shane-O

rawbutter
11-05-2007, 11:46 AM
Got any pics of a RT rail or splinter or shadow? Also which one of these is the least expenisve?

You can get an older RT rail for pretty cheap, maybe $40-$50. Splinter and Shadow rails are more expensive. For pics.... I don't know. Do a search on the BTS forum and a few should pop up.

angrysasquatch
11-05-2007, 03:06 PM
If you mean the bottomline reg that's attached to the tank, that's actually a very good reg to use on an automag. If it used to be used on a Shocker, that means that you'll need to get a high pressure output kit for it, or else it will starve the mag.

If you mean a different kind of reg, there is no point. With that, you will have: the reg which is the back half of your valve, the tank reg AND the Shocker reg. This will only serve to starve the gun of air, and it will not work properly, if at all.

Blitzen
11-05-2007, 05:48 PM
Well first off, I dont plan to actually use it as a reg, just as an air thru grip. Secondly I just want to know if it will fit on a mag with a classic rail, and intelliframe, since the air input is on the side of the reg, I was thinking it might contact with the intelliframe.

Blitzen
11-06-2007, 05:20 PM
anyone know or tried this?

Spider-TW
11-06-2007, 05:59 PM
There is no room for a fitting between an intelli and the vert adapter on a classic rail. You can put the fitting on after you put the reg on. You can turn the VA around if the fitting would hit the intelli on installation. You can also put the reg, fitting and VA together and bolt it to the rail as one piece. Either way, it will be a 'sequence' to remove.

Shane-O-Mac
11-06-2007, 07:45 PM
Why not sell the reg and buy a real gas thru grip? That way you can get one that has the input on the bottom of the gas thru. By using a reg as a gas thru, you may restrict the flow somewhat, as the internal air passages aren't very big. They work fine with a higher pressure input into them, and that helps the air move properly thru the reg. If you want I have a chrome gas thru I'll trade you. It has a few chips in it, but works fine.................

Or I have a black gas thru that the input swivels around so it can fit anything without removing the hose. Both can be seen here: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=220627

Shane-O

Blitzen
11-06-2007, 08:53 PM
There is no room for a fitting between an intelli and the vert adapter on a classic rail. You can put the fitting on after you put the reg on. You can turn the VA around if the fitting would hit the intelli on installation. You can also put the reg, fitting and VA together and bolt it to the rail as one piece. Either way, it will be a 'sequence' to remove.
Anyone know what this "VA" stands for?

olinar
11-07-2007, 12:16 AM
VA= vertical adapter