PDA

View Full Version : Imagine this COCKER TROUBLE

Dend78
11-04-2007, 10:58 PM
i believe its something simple to fix here, but here is what im lookin at. its a pump cocker, i pull the trigger and the ball pukes out the end of it and it lets a lil fart/pop and thats it. im not a cocker man, but im guessing i need to just turn up the velocity but i dont know what do you guys who work with these cockers think?

this is it right here and yes that is spray paint on there :D

http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/10/29523535562.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=6936349)

this is it right here and yes that is spray paint on there :D

olinar
11-04-2007, 11:38 PM
i think you should trade it for a mag.

free up for some help, ive always been interested in a pump cocker.

cowsnose
11-04-2007, 11:53 PM
i believe its something simple to fix here, but here is what im lookin at. its a pump cocker, i pull the trigger and the ball pukes out the end of it and it lets a lil fart/pop and thats it. im not a cocker man, but im guessing i need to just turn up the velocity but i dont know what do you guys who work with these cockers think?

Your bolt is upside down.

Rudz
11-04-2007, 11:57 PM
Co2, unregged? Hpa? Regulator? The ivg is what the cocking rod is screwed through, twist the cocking rod out and you will see the allen key hole for velocity adjustment, might need to adjust your springs if that doesn't work

zipity_Bop
11-05-2007, 12:46 AM
the fart is normal it will grown on you.........

you need to respring your gun for what you are using 12g/co2 tank...... or hp it changes for them all you can find a guide on pbn i beleive......

Dend78
11-05-2007, 08:27 AM
holy crap, i knew it wouldnt be as simple as grab and shoot :mad:

here is what ive got for a set up

its a lightening cocker, 15* ASA, PE reg in this cause i didnt have a gas thru grip (850psi set output), running off my 45/45 PE HP tank. so im assuiming it should work just fine but it doesnt.

as far as the bolt being upside down it needs to have the hole down correct?

as far as trading for a mag thats a good idea, and it may come to that if i cant seem to figure it out for myself.

i havent had time to tinker with it and get it working properly so i gotta give it some time before i drop the bomb on cockers again :rofl:

BigEvil
11-05-2007, 09:42 AM
Cockers are tough to diagnose with out having them in your hand. Also check the hammer lug, maybe its too long and needs to be adjusted. Did you turn you velocity up?

Input pressure from the HP reg into the gun should be about 300 psi. (can vary depending on set up and the guns configuration)

Dend78
11-05-2007, 09:53 AM
ok so i may need to turn my reg down a touch so its not slammin 800+ into it, i havent adjusted anything on this gun at all, thats what kinda tweaks my melon. i would think with it being a pump it would be a no brainer, but when it comes to adjusting the lug and all that crap i missed the class on that, i know its the lil hole on the top to adjust it but thats all i know about it. i know the velocity adjustment is in the back. when i get a chance this up coming weekend ill tinker with it a bit. im just looking for ideas on what to look at first

heres my lil list of what im gonna check first

1. Bolt - hole should be down correct?

2. Velocity

3. Find Someone with a mag for trade for a pump who wants to deal with a cocker :D

paintballbeaver
11-05-2007, 11:34 AM
your reg is set to high turn it down and adjust your hammer spring the back of the gun below the bolt you need to remove the cocking rod to do this that should fix it

viper-mayhem
11-05-2007, 11:40 AM
The farting sound you are getting is the valve spring. When you fire the marker, it is letting some air out after the lug hit it to fire the marker. It is not sealing tight enough. You will need a stiffer one.

Ruler_Mark
11-05-2007, 01:22 PM
OK what you want todo, is turn your ICG, the thing that on the back of the bottum tube so that its flush with the body then turn it in 3-4 turns, Then turn your HPR up untill it shoots fast.

Dend78
11-05-2007, 01:34 PM
shoots fast its a pump is there such a thing :D

Ruler_Mark
11-05-2007, 01:44 PM
well being that fast is a term of sped and fps is speed i think you know what i meant.

Dend78
11-05-2007, 01:45 PM
i know i just had to give my smart arse comment :cheers:

flyingpootang
11-06-2007, 11:18 AM
your reg is set to high turn it down and adjust your hammer spring the back of the gun below the bolt you need to remove the cocking rod to do this that should fix it

To verify the above turn off the air supply and shoot the remaining air. If it starts to shoot normal when almost all of the remaining air is gone then your reg and hammer needs to be balanced. The way to balance it is to start with your reg nearly closed. rear velocity adjuster full out/counter clockwise, and over a chrono. Shoot 3 shots and record your fps, turn your reg up @ 1/4 of a turn to increases your fps, keep shooting 3 shots/turning up your reg a 1/4 at a time until your fps start to go down or you reach your desired fps. If you need to increase your fps more turn your rear velocity adjuster 1 full turn/clockwise and re chrono, then start with adjusting your reg until your fps is reached. If your fps start to fall again, turn your rear velocity adjuster 1 full turn and so on....