PDA

View Full Version : Good brick and mortar PB Store in LA or elsewhere?

DaFin
11-05-2007, 01:20 PM
Hello all,

Back in the day I used to be very loyal to one specific pro shop in my area, greater Los Angeles. So now that I am kinda back I've been to 2-3 stores in my area and find them to be.... a little less than I would like in terms of price/selection/service. I know one shop that has great service but lousy pricing and selection, another that has good pricing but poor selection and service and a third that had nothing and recently closed.

So, my question to you: What are the good selection/service/price stores in greater Los Angeles?

And/or what are the good brick & mortar stores you shop at out of the region?

Thanks!

angrysasquatch
11-05-2007, 02:50 PM
I'd say that you can't hve all three. For instance, online stores are very cheap, but aren't good in some people's eyes because there isn't someone to talk to (service) The reason that they are able to sell them so cheaply, however, is because they don't have all the expenses of a "brick and mortar" store, and don't have to hire salespeople.

Piranti
11-05-2007, 03:54 PM
Couple of them I know in the LA area, Flo's Flower (yea I know its a combo flower shop PB store, Hubby PB, wife Flowers) Pico Rivera Area, One I normally Frequent most is Mountain View Paintball, near the Ontario Mall. Forget exact location.

nevtangle
11-05-2007, 05:08 PM
There's Warped Sportz on Pico and Bundy. Also Hollywood Paintball on Sunset Blvd near the 101. There's also I&I Sports in Carson.

All 3 have normally high prices compared to online stores. Which is to be expeced. Warped has pretty good service, probably better out of the 3 I've mentioned. I&I has the worse service. I will only go there if it's my last option. I can't say what it's like through the week, but on the weekends the new crew they have there could care less.

DaFin
11-05-2007, 07:21 PM
Thanks for the info Piranti and Nev.

I'd heard about Flo's as "this funky flower shop..." but never had a name or city, it might be worth a visit just for giggles (and kinda being in hot water with the wife I might kill two birds with one stone).

I&I is way old school, I remember buying a barrel from them in 1991 and their service leaving something to be desired then too but they where the only ones in LA with the barrel I wanted.

Anyone else? Shops in LA?

aznmarkofdafiji
11-05-2007, 07:36 PM
Hello all,

Back in the day I used to be very loyal to one specific pro shop in my area, greater Los Angeles. So now that I am kinda back I've been to 2-3 stores in my area and find them to be.... a little less than I would like in terms of price/selection/service. I know one shop that has great service but lousy pricing and selection, another that has good pricing but poor selection and service and a third that had nothing and recently closed.

So, my question to you: What are the good selection/service/price stores in greater Los Angeles?

And/or what are the good brick & mortar stores you shop at out of the region?

Thanks!

I've been to nearly all of the PB stores in the Inland Empire, but the best one's I've gone to are the one's that just happen to be near me, in Rancho Cucamonga. It's not LA but if you ever swing by here to go to SC Village or something I recommend you give them a look.

Store: Mountain View Paintball
Directions: It's between 10 and 210. Off of I-15, exit Foothill and head west(towards Victoria Gardens) Make a left on Day Creek and follow the road down to Rochester(You'll end up in near the Quakers stadium. It's in the business plaza to your left.
Comments: I've had GREAT service from these guys, very good selection(no mags :( ), but the pricing isn't that great. Try haggling with them, actually, try to haggle with everyone/store.
Website: http://www.mountainviewpaintball.com/store/Scripts/default.asp

Store: Paintball Addix
Directions: Also between 10 and 210. Off of I-15 north, exit Baseline and make a left. Turn left on the first signal(Etiwanda is the street name I think) and turn left into the plaza right after you go under the freeway.
Comments: Pricing here is a LOT better here than at Mountain View but they lack selection(No mags here either :( ).

To get an idea of pricing. I bought an X-Radar Chrono for $129.99 at Mountain View, and later found out it is available for $89.99 at Paintball Addix.

Air at Mountain View is $2.00
Air at Paintball Addix is $1.50

Of the two, I tend to go to Mountian View because of their service. But I end up going to both whenever I'm looking for parts/barrels/quotes/etc.

punkncat
11-05-2007, 10:03 PM
I'd heard about Flo's as "this funky flower shop..." but never had a name or city, it might be worth a visit just for giggles (and kinda being in hot water with the wife I might kill two birds with one stone).

I was thinking the same thing. I mean what better way for us married joes to get the green light to go shopping at the paintball store?

d4m4don3
11-05-2007, 10:44 PM
AA paintball superstore
used to be excellent but ever since the original techs John and his crew left they're only good for prices.

Teching I would send over to Flo's Flowers they're off of Rosemead and Beverly in Pico Rivera, right next to the pizza shop and liqour store, Alan the store owner has owned Mags and Cockers for decades and used to be the tech at General Joe's.

General Joe's however isn't what it used to be. :(

Mountain View paintball is an excellent store and he tries to Match the general prices for markers on the internet. The techs are more familiar with the general run of the mill spyders and tippmans and are very proficient with smartparts, boblong and planet eclipse. If you bring them a mag they can fix it but it will take a few days since they don't carry any parts kits for mags.

cc paintball in norco and corona are decent although there prices can be a little high.

triple tap paintball in norco corona is ok but there's nothing fancy about them.

I&I is ok but they don't carry as much a selection as their online store does and even that I would only go to their Carson store as their Puente Hills store is run by a bunch of kids that don't even know what mags are and will laugh at you if you bring a mech cocker.

Paintballgateway.com has a warehouse sale every year and if you hear about it go cause you can get stuff for a steal there.

If you have time and like macdev products go to Gramps and Grizzly's in Riverside, Ole gramps will talk your ear off and then some, he'll show y ou the Macdev markers and make y ou cry over the speed at you can fire them.

d4m4don3
11-05-2007, 10:45 PM
Air at Mountain View is $2.00
Air at Paintball Addix is $1.50

You know once they start to know who you are and you're a regular those two shops don't really charge that much for air. ;)

PumpMag
11-06-2007, 12:16 PM
Pit Stop Hobbies is a small local store in the Eagle Rock/LA area. They are very pump friendly and cool guys to talk to. It's a smaller store than the bigger venues but good with service and paint prices are very reasonable.

Bagheera
01-09-2008, 01:45 AM
I spoke on the phone to someone in a paintball store in Chino/Ontario, and told them I was rebuilding my Automag. They told me "forget it, those guns are on the way out." :eek:

I couldn't believe how moronic it sounded. If I listened to that advice, I would have gotten rid of my 'Mag years ago. Automags have been "on the way out" for over a decade now, :rofl: but somehow the old guns manage to hold their value. :hail:

d4m4don3
01-09-2008, 02:10 AM
I spoke on the phone to someone in a paintball store in Chino/Ontario, and told them I was rebuilding my Automag. They told me "forget it, those guns are on the way out." :eek:

I couldn't believe how moronic it sounded. If I listened to that advice, I would have gotten rid of my 'Mag years ago. Automags have been "on the way out" for over a decade now, :rofl: but somehow the old guns manage to hold their value. :hail:

Chino Ontario, oh! The morons at thepaintballshop?

He also provides brass eagle rentals to people having private parties that have rusted internals. Wouldn't trust the 2 stores he owns.

PumpMag
01-09-2008, 02:39 AM
Mag parts sold retail are far and few these days. Pit Stop Hobbies has a few pieces but currently no repair kits.

In fact, I rebuilt the store owner's mag a couple months ago. :p It was sitting unused and neglected for years. :( It looked like it got stripped for parts. :nono: I replaced the bolt, spring pack, sear, and velocity adjuster but no soft parts to spare. :cry: Reliable as mags are, I just oiled it and shoot she did! :shooting:

Alan at Flo's just rebuilt an Automag for one customer just in time for a recent private game.
When asked, he also didn't have any repair kits, he said he just found what was needed to fix it.

So guys, get your paint and air locally, but buy original repair kits from AGD and keep the company going! :headbang: