PDA

View Full Version : Spyder clones...

chip08
11-05-2007, 10:00 PM
So the guy who was the treasurer of our paintball club before me bought a bunch of Paradox Markers (they are spyder clones) because they were cheap. They haven't even lasted a year, everything breaks on them... Any one know what kind of detents they take? It is not the old school spyder two screw plate detents. The genius who bought these also threw away the manuals. Any help is appreciated.

punkncat
11-05-2007, 10:07 PM
The only ball detent threads I can think of are cocker, angel, ICD, and Impulse (which are VERY close to angel).....not that this really helped.
GL

I find myself wondering why you would attempt to fix them if they have been so unreliable?

ThePixelGuru
11-05-2007, 10:18 PM
Duct tape detents? Don't sound like they'd be worth putting much more into...

Lomarandil
11-05-2007, 10:21 PM
In my experience, Paradox's have been awesome markers, especially considering the price. If I recall, they take angel detents.
Lo

chip08
11-05-2007, 10:44 PM
In my experience, Paradox's have been awesome markers, especially considering the price.
Lo

The ones we got are terrible. When cleaning, if we remove the powerfeed plugs, about a quarter of them break off in the powerfeed. Also, when we first took them out of the box, 20 of them had the hammer and the internals put in backwards and not secured to the marker. They were just thrown together it seemed like.

Lomarandil
11-06-2007, 12:45 AM
Hmm, that's odd... we had two of our team start on them, never went down, and still running like champs 3 years later.

Lo

punkncat
11-06-2007, 11:10 AM
The ones we got are terrible. When cleaning, if we remove the powerfeed plugs, about a quarter of them break off in the powerfeed. Also, when we first took them out of the box, 20 of them had the hammer and the internals put in backwards and not secured to the marker. They were just thrown together it seemed like.

Were these purchased new or used?

I know that if I had purchased them new, and they came out of the box that way I would have returned them immediately.

chip08
11-06-2007, 11:19 AM
Were these purchased new or used?

I know that if I had purchased them new, and they came out of the box that way I would have returned them immediately.

We took over from a group of guys that hadn't made the best decisions for the club. These markers were all in boxes sitting in the back of our workshop. I'm not really sure even when they were purchased. All I know is their supposed rationale was that they were only 45 dollars a pop, so why not get them? I have no idea where they came from, when they bought them or what. They didn't leave me any receipts.