PDA

View Full Version : AGD why dont you do something new?

SiLeNt X
01-12-2002, 09:53 PM
there has to be something new you could do to the mag itself other than aftermarket.....I just heard alot of people say they would buy a mag if they did something new and cool for it instead of it staying the same forever.Like mabey for starters colored bodys or anything.OR make an electro.I know it is easy said then done but you have it in you:)

Load SM5
01-12-2002, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by SiLeNt X
.Like mabey for starters colored bodys or anything.OR make an electro.

Wha?...

Ever heard of the soon to be released modular bodies or an E-mag?

nutz
01-12-2002, 09:57 PM
and the super bolt and intelli frame!.... jeez tom has come out with 4 er 5 new products in the last few months and ppl just want more!! AGD works very hard, but he isnt superman.. lol (very close tho) The only thing mags lack is looks and that is being taken care of with the sfl emag!

:D

SiLeNt X
01-12-2002, 09:58 PM
yes i did smart *edit*:) .I mean a new gun and colored bodys for the mag

RSUAVE911
01-12-2002, 09:58 PM
TOM has many things to do such as the xtremes, 4500 flatlnes, Z-GRIP and many many other things.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HE IS NOT A MACHINE!

FooTemps
01-12-2002, 09:59 PM
Actually... I think tom made the mistake of releasing things so close together. He's wearing himself out...

SiLeNt X
01-12-2002, 10:02 PM
i know what you mean but people want something new and big...not just accsesorys for current mag owners(takes care of you guys good enough as it is:) )but for other people looking for guns around $500 or $600 like me but want an electro......guess I will go with an impy

Load SM5
01-12-2002, 10:04 PM
Heck, I've seen used E-mags for as low as $650. Another option would be a Hyperframe mag.

SiLeNt X
01-12-2002, 10:06 PM
new not used......and i dont want just an electric frame

irbodden
01-12-2002, 10:13 PM
Your complaining because AGD doesn't make a CHEAP electro? Go ahead by the Impy, the Emag is to compete with the Angel and Excal, NOT lower end electros.

SiLeNt X
01-12-2002, 10:26 PM
whats so low end about the impy other than the price.Just cuz you dont get multiple modes of fire that you cant use in tourny anyway it makes it low end?????Just woundering.I was just saying maby agd could look outside of the mag in the future.Being if they had a "low end"electro i would buy it cuz they have excelent costomer service and reliabe markers.I was just stating the fact that agd could hit it big you dont have to get all defensive about it.I have nothing against mags or agd...i like both

LaW
01-12-2002, 10:29 PM
Your not buying an emag for "multiple modes of fire" - i mean come on you have a manual mode in case electronics fail...hybrid and emode... the build quality is amazing...

IceCool32
01-12-2002, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by irbodden
Your complaining because AGD doesn't make a CHEAP electro? Go ahead by the Impy, the Emag is to compete with the Angel and Excal, NOT lower end electros.

I'm sorry Mr. I'm too good for an Impulse. If you haven't noticed, Impulses are up there with E-mags now too.....Question.....Are E-mags(regular) Vision compatible yet? Can they run on CO2 well? Do they run at 150-200 psi? Are there few chop occurances(I know the answer is yes,but I can't stop)?

Now you can talk about how the E-Mag is faster and what not.... but, it doesn't matter does it? especially when there isn't a hopper/loader system that can reach 20+ bps a second. Ohhh, the Emag is smaller and lighter.....Wow, lift weights.

This is not intended to be a flame, but putting down markers that are PERFECTLY fine to use is not cool. You guys complain about how everyone puts down Mags, then you go and run down another marker.

Tbone
01-12-2002, 10:34 PM
Wow, really feeling the hate on this thread....:(

SiLeNt X
01-12-2002, 10:35 PM
thanks ice I feel exectly the same way tord the situation:)

blah blah blah

IceCool32
01-12-2002, 10:40 PM
Yeah, no problem Silent.

But I don't really know, I guess the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" saying goes with AGD. They've made quality products for years, they're way past the market in loader systems(warp) and the E-mag is the only marker I know of with electro/hybrid/and manual modes of fire.

Trust me, I DO NOT hate Mags, at all. I've actually defended them.....and I've never seen a Mag break down at my local field, but neither has my Impulse. So you're looking at two quality companies, that make quality products.

With SP you've got the Freak, Shocker, Impulse, and Max Flow.

With AGD you've got RT Mag, RT Pro, Automag, Mini-Mag, E-mag, and warp.

Quality counts, not price.

SiLeNt X
01-12-2002, 10:45 PM
yeah i know what you mean.....my neighbor has a mag and i often stand up for his gun.But I heard that SP has crappy customer service.Well IM geting off later

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
01-12-2002, 10:54 PM
)Actually you know, that would be cool if there was a minimag set-up f/s in stores, with a forgrip, forgrip extends, and chrome z-grip(;)

FooTemps
01-12-2002, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by irbodden

Don't be dissin on other guns or we wont be better than pbc or pbn...

liigod
01-13-2002, 12:55 AM
hey last time they made sumthing new they made the superbolts, and they are just SOOO cool. LOL jk. Anyway there was no need for this post cus these dudes are more inovative than most people. if u you think about it they made semi auto openbolts what they are today. Angel dudes should thank the mag for its existance, then bow down to the emag and wimper in fear.

irbodden
01-13-2002, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by FooTemps

Don't be dissin on other guns or we wont be better than pbc or pbn...

I am not "dissin" the Impy. Simply put, it can be found for $400 NEW. The Emag retails for $1000.

The Impy IS one of the cheapest electros, only the Dragoon and the Spyder EM1 are cheaper than it. I really hate when people try to cut me down without looking at the facts, and I am not reffering to you Foo. The guys above had to add the "this is not a flame" and rant about how amazing Impulses are. The simple matter is they are cheap electros.

irbodden
01-13-2002, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by IceCool32

I'm sorry Mr. I'm too good for an Impulse. If you haven't noticed, Impulses are up there with E-mags now too.....Question.....Are E-mags(regular) Vision compatible yet? Can they run on CO2 well? Do they run at 150-200 psi? Are there few chop occurances(I know the answer is yes,but I can't stop)?

Now you can talk about how the E-Mag is faster and what not.... but, it doesn't matter does it? especially when there isn't a hopper/loader system that can reach 20+ bps a second. Ohhh, the Emag is smaller and lighter.....Wow, lift weights.

This is not intended to be a flame, but putting down markers that are PERFECTLY fine to use is not cool. You guys complain about how everyone puts down Mags, then you go and run down another marker.

Wow, what a nice, well thought out post. Why not look at what the Impulse sells for than the Emag? The fact is there are only two electronic guns cheaper than the Impulse that come to mind.

I am not putting down the Impulse, infact I'd love to own one. I never said it was a piece of junk, just said it was cheaper. SilentX was expecting AGD to come out with an electronic gun with the Impulse's price tag which is not going to happen.

Sincerely,
"Mr. I'm too good for an Impulse"

nutz
01-13-2002, 01:34 AM

Now you can talk about how the E-Mag is faster and what not.... but, it doesn't matter does it? especially when there isn't a hopper/loader system that can reach 20+ bps a second.

halo hopper can almost do 20 bps buddy....

however i think every body is quite wrong on this... If I were picking out a gun, i would take the gun that feels the best to me... Its not a question of which gun is the best, its all personal preferance... I shoot my mag because i like the way it shoots and feels, not because its a mag... if i decide i like the way cockers feel, i will buy a cocker...

enuff said :o

Miscue
01-13-2002, 01:40 AM

<I> From a previous post: Hey, you read my mind. My thoughts were... which guns can make it at all... and if they can are they just barely hanging in there. If a gun maxes at 16bps... that means it's barely making it there and it's not going to work right at that speed... or even speeds a bit lower - shootdown and what not. But the point isn't what has the highest top speed... this top speed is indicative of what the pneumatics are capable of and implies that it will work beautifully and consistently at lower bps since it is making no effort -- over-engineering is a good thing. </I>

Mags have two digit psi barrel pressures. Low operating pressure that some market as important really doesn't mean anything - it's largely a myth. Low pressure is a side effect of good valve design... not the other way around.

HyperSnyper
01-13-2002, 04:09 AM

Well, there is the warp to feed that insane rate of fire with the Halo trailing right behind.

As for AGD coming up with a completely new design for a gun. That is not something that just comes up over night. Look at the sheer design of the Mag and its AIR valve. That by itself is sheer genious. I still marvel at the simplistic yet very effective design of the original classic valve, which doesnt rely on dwell, but on a fixed volume air chamber. Blow forward designs are sweet.

Then years later, AGD comes out with a new revolutionary valve the RT which recharges faster (26 bps)and adds a reactive trigger by using actual input pressure to apply extra force on the On/Off pin.

Then the design of the Emag with multiple modes of firing.

Then the Warp Feed.

Dont forget the Flatline.

Intelliframe.

Now the SFL and Emag Xtreme.

Look at other companies. I dont think there is another company that has developed so much as what AGD has accomplished.

I mean what else do you want??? Nuclear reactor powered mags?

People dont complain to WGP. What new things have they done? All the same cockers. They changed their original reg with one with grooves (Ergo) oooooooooooh new Technology we got here. Oh dont forget their aww inspiring 15 degree ASA. This is completely revolutionary.

The point is dont expect the impossible from companies. R&D takes time. I dont suppose you would be calling up Chevrolet or Ford and tell their Engineers to come up with a completly new vehicle design...

Thought so...

-Hyper

SGTKennedy
01-13-2002, 06:31 AM
hehehe. have to go to the russians to get the uranium to work the NukeMags. thought SP had bad customer service? ha.

Wheelman
01-13-2002, 07:00 AM
If you watch the video that comes with the Mag Tom explains that it took several tries with different designs before they came up with what we have today, back in the early 90's it was beyond cutting edge and still today the design is excelent.

P.S. Tom, I think you should update the video, of course still keep part of the original (special edidtion DVD???).
Gotta love the part where they show it's capable of 9bps, if they only knew. And quickdraw Tom at the end (those barrels never saw it comming)

Sledgehammer
01-13-2002, 07:06 AM
OK, what's bad about the impulse?
Hmm, talkink about a stock impulse right out of the box: The trigger just sucks. Apart from that and with a different trigger it's a fine gun though.

booyah
01-13-2002, 07:27 AM
The reason people call the Impulse a low end electro has really very little to do with the actual performance of the Impulse. There I said it, you pay 400 dollars for a very good preforming paint gun.

The reason they say low end is mainly build quality and fit and finish. AGD has uncomperable build quality and fit and finish. Nobody can really touch them on that. People say iths the little things that count, Like including a really nice barrel with the RT Pro or Emag, having a Video Manual, being able to talk to the techs and designers online in a free open forum.

on build quailty, how many impulses have blown the soloniods? i know of at least 10-15 in my area alone. not that this is an inherint design issue or anything, but its something that gets associated with build quality.

fit and finish-
I know of 3 impulses in my area that came with striped screws and one of the non prerelease (serial number in the mid 4xxx's) that came with a glued in feed tube... and a big one that people complain about the trigger, sure you can replace it easily, but still, its a fit and finish issue.

I'm not bashing the impulse here. the issues that i am stressing are associated with most of the guns considered "low end" such as bushmasters, the early intimidators and the old tribals. if anything I have been very impressed with teh impulse, much more so than I had previously thought possible.

krafty
01-13-2002, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by FooTemps
Actually... I think tom made the mistake of releasing things so close together. He's wearing himself out...

At the tour, Tom mentioned that he felt as though AGD had sort of ignored it's customers while it was working on another project. Maybe he's trying to make up for all that lost time...

MajorDamage
01-13-2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5
Heck, I've seen used E-mags for as low as $650. Another option would be a Hyperframe mag.
I bought mine for $500 :D:D:D:D:D!

ENDO!