PDA

View Full Version : Broken power tube top

flyboy
11-07-2007, 08:23 AM
I had some problems with my #1 emag at a scenario last month. I finally got my folding work bench built in the garage so I didnt have to use the kitchen table and last night I started trouble shooting.

I fired the marker and it shot about 2 feet, so I raised the velocity. Much better, raised it a little more - thinking, it can't be this simple - and it turned into a blender.

I spent the remander of the evening cleaning out my now full of goo halo but managed to get the marker apart later in the evening. At first I couldnt find anything wrong untill I started to take off the power tube tip brass fitting. It was broken totally in two around the threads. Luckily I was able to get the remander of it out of the marker and didnt see any other damage. But I've never heard of this breaking before. I've had the marker about 2 years and used it a lot.

I have another big scenario this weekend, Fulda Gap at Command Decisions and will be using my second emag and a phantom for that.

Spider-TW
11-07-2007, 09:10 AM
It is rare, but it happens. Remember the old power tube tips had a coin slot to tighten and remove them with. The hex heads on the new ones encourage over tightening.

I have to admit though, one time I did have the old style tip come loose and jam up my bolt in a chrony line. But there was a table there and I got it out and screwed it back in.

tech-chan
11-07-2007, 11:05 AM
I'm close to Command Descions myself, i go there once in a while.... We ought to get together and play sometime.

flyboy
11-07-2007, 11:30 AM
I'm close to Command Descions myself, i go there once in a while.... We ought to get together and play sometime.

I'm actually in Charlotte. We get up to big games at CD. It would be great to get together.

Any other AO members that might be their this weekend, look me up at the Epic Unit tent on the warsaw pact side.

Most of our team shoots mags also.

tech-chan
11-07-2007, 11:41 AM
I would love to play with you, but I'm low on money and I already promised some friends I would play with them this wkend.

flyboy
11-14-2007, 10:11 AM
I love it when things work well.

I got the new power tube fitting. I checked the level 10 for damaged parts - all good - so I screwed the fitting in. Reassembled the marker went to the bak yard and emptied a hopper without 1 chop chuff or break.

Life is good!

Fatal_Soren
01-18-2008, 11:49 PM
This just happened to me last weekend at practice, after playing for an hour i was getting air through my bolt so i assumed carrier and changed it out. played for half hour and started having chop, took it apart again the the power tube tip was broken in two. :wow: