PDA

View Full Version : First Shot Blah then OK

peeeto
11-07-2007, 01:31 PM
i think i may have an internal leak & will be working on it soon, but wanted to run this by the forum in the meantime:

after waiting a while, my first shot barely pushes the ball out. the longer i wait before trying to shoot (5-10 minutes i'm guessing), i'll press the trigger & have to hold it before it fires after a few seconds. if i wait even longer (>10 mins, again a guesstimate), gun won't even fire unless i unhook remote line & reconnect.

for the times i have to hold the trigger in before getting a shot off, the on/off is not pushing back on the trigger.

once it fires, can shoot no problem till after not shooting for a while...

i can avoid the above by holding the trigger in until i'm ready to shoot again, but that's uncomfortable to say the least.

i suspect i have a small internal leak that's de-pressurizing the chamber. sound right?

in the field, i tried different combinations of tighening and loosening the grip frame screws (used to cause chuffing on me before), but nothing changed the situation.

thanks for the input.

specs:
tac-one, x-valve, L10, stock on/off.

Spider-TW
11-07-2007, 01:51 PM
I vote for the sticking reg piston and a small leak at the power tube oring.

The piston backs off after the valve body fills up, but the on/off keeps air flowing except when the trigger is held down. So even when the bolt leaks by, the reg should be filling the valve back up. When the piston sticks, it doesn't open the reg back up to keep the pressure on the valve body. Wipe it down, relube it and try it out.

turbo chicken
11-07-2007, 01:56 PM
i will second the powertube oring ... but i don't think that's your only issue ... but it's a good place to start..

BigEvil
11-07-2007, 03:58 PM
If you are going to start replacing orings, just rebuild the valve. Fresh orings all around. Make sure you dont forget the ones on the reg pin. New reg springs couldnt hurt either.

peeeto
11-07-2007, 04:54 PM
thanks all

it's less than a year old from brand new & hasn't seen extensive play, i'd like to think the reg springs are still ok...

added info to below:
a few months ago, i was having a problem with high fps on the 1st shot - ordered an o-ring kit & replaced the reg seat, which took care of that problem.

played two times, summer and fall, with everything working great. love that mag. last weekend was the next time i played - it was colder (40's-50's compared to sum/fall ), so temp/humidity change may be part of issue.

so i do have the kit to rebuild if comes to that (sans springs - i'm still hopin' they're ok).

i'll post my results once i can get some air...

aNtHrAx323
11-07-2007, 08:31 PM
Definitely sounds like you may need to step up to a slightly larger O-ring carrier inside your powertube. Next time it happens try cranking your velocity up while the bolt is stuck and see if it fires (turn the velocity adjustment ~1/2 to 3/4 of a turn to start). If it fires once you've cranked the velocity up, it's definitely due to the powertube O-ring being too snug. The Level 10 is a finnicky little bastard, but wonderful once tweaked out properly.

Oh, and be absolutely sure to oil said powertube O-ring to reduce "stick" as much as possible.

peeeto
11-07-2007, 10:07 PM
...you may need to step up to a slightly larger O-ring carrier inside your powertube.
that's what i thought at first too. but i did actually try the next larger carrier (same o-ring) in the field last weekend (forgot to mention earlier). didn't help & could def hear small leak down barrel, so went back to next smaller size.

noticed later on while playing that the on/off pin wasn't putting normal pressure on the sear/trigger when problem happening. there definitely was a slight resistance upon 1st trigger pull that could have been the extended on/off pin with no air pressure behind it (just constriction of o-rings providing friction) - and it def was not being pushed back out (until it finally fired). argh-worse probs than bolt stick!

The Level 10 is a finnicky little bastard, but wonderful once tweaked out properly.
amen! i can't wait to get it fixed up - starting to get a much better RT lately from increased input!