PDA

View Full Version : Getting a new Tac-One

Hoop71
11-09-2007, 09:10 PM
Hey guys.

About to get back into paintball after about 10years. Had a MiniMag back in the mid 90's and loved it. Thinking I might stay in the AGD family. I am more interested in the woodsball/milsim than speedball.

Will probably go with the Tac-One as it is mechanical and as I mentioned I've had a mag before.

I am thinking of getting the warp feed (left or right) and using a qloader (want a lower profile and don't need ++++paint. At least that was my style 10years ago:)

I shoot right handed and with the abscence of a hopper I want to sight down the top of the gun...soooo in theory it really does not matter if I get left or right...only cosmetic.

That is my take anyways...am I missing something obvious??

Anyways...will have +++++questions over the next several months as I tune and personalize the marker so thank you in advance for your advice/opinions.

Any suggestions/recomendations always welcome

Cheers,
Dan

blitzkriegboom!
11-09-2007, 09:24 PM
suggestions...
buy it used
kik :cuss:

and :dance:

FOG
11-09-2007, 09:37 PM
I have the same question.But i shoot lft or rt equally, does it matter if u warp ur Q lf or rt ?

Tac-OneFun
11-09-2007, 09:50 PM
hey Hoop, glad to hear you are considering a Tac-One,

The first thing i would do is get an i-reg or flatline reg that will pump close to or over 1,000 PSI. this will allow your new x valve to break in easier. Also, it will make your RT trigger (which you should ABSOLUTELY get) bounce like there is no tomorrow. You will be slinging paint like nobody's business.

if you want a q-loader and you shoot right handed, i would get it warp left and set up the q-loader right under the barrel. that looks bad ***.

madcrisis
11-09-2007, 10:12 PM
with deciding on the body id get it warper to the side the gas line is on. this way one side is totally clean.

ThePixelGuru
11-09-2007, 11:49 PM
For a righty, a Warp left body is uaually preferable because you'll have a smaller profile. Especially helpful if you like to shoot left without switching hands.

If you don't mind the weight or need the extra rate of fire, just pick up a nice used Minimag for $120 or so. I'm still using mine!

http://people.umass.edu/jtaupier/paintball/minimag/minimag1.jpg

Paint-Fool
11-10-2007, 12:15 AM
For a righty, a Warp left body is uaually preferable because you'll have a smaller profile. Especially helpful if you like to shoot left without switching hands.

If you don't mind the weight or need the extra rate of fire, just pick up a nice used Minimag for $120 or so. I'm still using mine!

http://people.umass.edu/jtaupier/paintball/minimag/minimag1.jpg
I love those grips! Do you know where I could get some like those or similar?

Stayhuge
11-10-2007, 12:47 AM
I love those grips! Do you know where I could get some like those or similar?

Try here: http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=220519

mostpeople
11-10-2007, 12:51 AM
You're missing one obvious key...

The Q-loader is aweful!!

:ninja:

aznmarkofdafiji
11-10-2007, 01:41 AM
I'm a right handed player and I run with a Q-Loaded Warp Right Tac-One with a T2W stock.

My q-loader is mounted underneath my barrel, so having a warp-left or right didn't matter to me at the time of purchase. If you play righty and want to go warp, you might want to go with a warp left.

You could say that being a righty I should use a warp right to have a lesser profile. But since I use a stock that's usually on my shoulder, I always have some part of my shoulder protruding outwards on my right anyways. And I also use a red dot sight, so my forehead is sticking to the right of my marker a bit too Hence, it doesn't make that much of a difference for me.

But that's how I run my warp-right tac-one. Just giving a different perspective on the warp-left/right.

P.S. I <3 my q-loaded tac-one /w t2w stock :)

Hoop71
11-10-2007, 02:36 AM
Thanks for the replies guys!

As I said...the Tac-one is a given...how I set it up and everything else ie air/hopper/barrel etc etc etc has yet to be decided.

But keep the ideas coming! I'm open to just about anything.

Cheers,

Dan

Twistedpsyche
11-10-2007, 02:47 PM
Love the Tac one. I agree sighting straight down the gun is nice, I like the warp bodies, very cool design. I'm just not a fan of the Qloader. I had a set up, didn't like it. Too much work to load, clean, upkeep. Not my thing. I prefer to just be able to load up in between rounds real quick and go. But that's me.

On the plus side though, the Qs do give you a nice low profile, and they balance the gun really nice.

I have to second the Specops T2W stock. Have one, love it!!!

Good luck!!