PDA

View Full Version : Blowback NEEDS to be fixed

liigod
01-13-2002, 01:01 AM
Hey I have a decked out mag, wit totally re worked booyah. The trigger is as light and short as an angel trigger, and the rest of the gun is decked out. The thing is its a VERT FEED body. There is so much blowback with a normal elbow on it i can only get 11-12 with an x board revy. I would like to be able to do 13 consistantly, which the x board can do on other guns. The only fix i have found is to use this HUGE vert clamp from kingman that is so tall it stacks like 10 balls ontop of one another. I am using long nose bolt. I just NEED a fix for this. How about if i get a machine shop to put a spot on there for an oring on the front and back so that no air goes up the feed port?! Is there any way to solve this. And no, power feed is not an option. Thanks for all of yer help,and for reading this. im editing this, for people who dont know what blowback is, it is air up the feed port that causes balls to jump up and feed slower. This is a traight ofmost open bolt guns.

Miscue
01-13-2002, 01:02 AM
How did you come to this conclusion?

DiRTyBuNNy
01-13-2002, 01:06 AM
I think we need to teach our little friend here the difference between needs and wants...he needs to really think about what he's saying...or we're going to want him to explain what the hell he's talking about..blowback? an issue? what are you talking about..maybe you need to start doing finger exercises because nobody on this board even knows what the heck you're saying...you think that blowback is stopping you from shooting 13 balls a second...I'd be surprised if you could pull more than 7-9 balls a second...and i don't care what your electro frame is set at...

liigod
01-13-2002, 01:45 AM
I can pull 13 on this frame, and 14 on my f5. If i put a ball in the chaimber and one above it in thismag, the secod one comes flying out when the gun is fired. Thats tomuch blowback right there. And to test i can test with the frame on full auto at different rates offire. Finally I can rip on semi auto without rate of fir elimitations fast enough that the blowback causes the balls not to feed fast enough and i get a chop. so dude u need to not asumethings about other people before u ko the truth.

Miscue
01-13-2002, 01:47 AM
I still don't understand what you are talking about.

liigod
01-13-2002, 01:49 AM
Blow back is the term for the air that goes up the feed port causeing balls to jump up, and feed slower. you can test this byputting two bals in thefeed, fire the gun and the first ball comes out the barrel and the second one jumps out the feed. This causes slower feeding, which is why vert feed is slower on mags, im looing for a sloution for this.

FooTemps
01-13-2002, 01:52 AM
Miscue... you should know what blow back is... Are you still drunk or are you drinking again?

liigod
01-13-2002, 01:53 AM
thank you foo, and i heard about the new anti hangover pills that are being sold, they are suposed to work well,maybe u can pick up miscue some, lol. Im just playing miscue.

FooTemps
01-13-2002, 01:54 AM
Maybe I shoudla added some smilies into that post... oh well

liigod
01-13-2002, 01:57 AM
Anyway, back to the thread topic, Does anyone know how to solve this problem. feel free to jump in tom kaye.

Miscue
01-13-2002, 01:57 AM
I don't drink.

Miscue
01-13-2002, 01:58 AM
Dude, put in an extended nose bolt.

Minimag4me
01-13-2002, 02:00 AM
even with a halo i think it can only achieve 13 or so on any vert feed(angel, etc) the only way to achieve max feed rate is powerfeed because of stability issues

liigod
01-13-2002, 02:03 AM
Miscue, i have alongnose bolt, and it still has a good deal of blowback. And what are you talking about stability issues, and halos not doing over 13? they do 16 on stock vert feed openbolt guns.

Miscue
01-13-2002, 02:05 AM
Options: Put on a warpfeed, suck it up and get a PF body, don't shoot so fast, figure out a way to stack the balls higher, tell yourself the problem is imaginary and maybe it will go away. :)

liigod
01-13-2002, 02:06 AM
The point it to keep the vert feed on thegun, warp feed would elimanate that. Thats why powerfeed is not anoption either.

Miscue
01-13-2002, 02:09 AM
Why do you insist on vert feed.

Xzion
01-13-2002, 02:15 AM
when you put two balls in, the second ball bouncing out is probably due mostly to the bolt nicking the ball and sending it flying out, not blowback, and the only things I can think of that -might- fix the 'problem' is a halo, or a warp feed which WILL fix the problem, whether used on a vert feed or PF. If you put a warp on your current vert feed your profile will be a bit higher than on a PF but thats just something you may just have to put up with if you want to keep your vert feed and shoot 13 BPS consistantly, presuming you actually -can- shoot that fast and not when your living in a little delusion. :D Also, superbolt -might- help, as it would give you the same blowback reduction as a long nose bolt, and a longer bolt open time for another ball to enter into the breech.

Miscue
01-13-2002, 02:20 AM
Yep. What I was wondering earlier wasn't what blowback was, contrary to belief... but rather 'what blowback'? :rolleyes:

BlackVCG
01-13-2002, 03:31 AM
Standby, all your problems and more will be solved soon.....................

markhauguel
01-13-2002, 07:20 AM
If your bolt, barrel or both are very worn then air can leak around during fire. I have seen this and your can feel it if you put one ball in the gun and put your hand over the feed. I replaced the bolt and now have a new barrel. Also timing issues with the on/off being let out before the bolt is all the way back but, this is hard to believe could cause this also. Blow back is a problem or they would have stopped at standard feed. The constant press of a warp will fix this problem though. I hope this helps and good luck.

BEEFYSAUSAGE
01-13-2002, 05:01 PM
buy a warp, or go and get some balls..i could garentee that i can shoot as efectively at 7 bps as you can at a measly 12 bps ...learn how to play first and realise that not everyhing can shoot at 20 bps with no probs.

liigod
01-14-2002, 09:26 PM
so far, markhauguel has had the best answer to this problem, and i thank him. Warp feed isnt an option cus i like to be able to fire out of left and right sides of bunkers without rotating the gun 45 degrees. The reason i'm insisting on vert is because powerfeed drives me nutz. The only other thing i would shoot would be a standard right feed, cut down so the gun doesnt tilt to the right. Also people keep comenting on "if" i can fire 13 bps, the fact is i can, and please stop comenting on that cus its getting old. So yes thank you markhauguel for your post im going to try that wiht the new dye stainless thats in the mail and replace the longnose bolt.

irbodden
01-14-2002, 09:34 PM
Why not buy a vert feed body than and quit your moaning?

Paintchucker
01-14-2002, 10:05 PM
one thing you might try to dispurse the blowback a little more is to drill some holes in your elbow. Then some of the air can go out the holes instead of back up the tube into the hopper. Be careful though as it will decrease the strength and it might crack in half.

Also, when was your last tune up/parts kit? It is just a SWAG, but maybe a new spring would help...