PDA

View Full Version : wieghts of nitro tanks

Enemy
11-11-2007, 11:36 PM
ok i would like to know what some of the lightest nitro tanks on the market?

ThePixelGuru
11-11-2007, 11:59 PM
ok i would like to know what some of the lightest nitro tanks on the market?
Pretty much anything fiber-wrapped is pretty light. It's the thick steel or aluminum walls that make 'em heavy, and fiber-wrapped tanks don't have those. If you're trying to reduce weight, any fiber-wrapped 45ci should do nicely.

There are some fiberglass-walled tanks, too, and I believe those are wrapped in carbon fiber, as well. If I'm not mistaken, those are some of the lightest out there.

CKY_Alliance
11-12-2007, 12:03 AM
The cp and DxS tanks are the lightest I've held, think it has to do with the regs being so small...but any fiberwrapped tank is light compared to the steel version...

Enemy
11-12-2007, 12:24 AM
yeah i know they are all light but i thought i remember a couple years back that there were differences in weight from tank to tank due to the way they did the fiber wrapping

angrysasquatch
11-12-2007, 10:35 AM
From what I remember, Luxfer is the lightest tank manufacturer. Other than Stako, of course (not yet DOT approved, however :( )

rawbutter
11-12-2007, 11:37 AM
I always heard that MacDev tanks were the lightest....

This sounds like a project. Someone needs to go and buy a whole bunch of tanks (all the same size) and then weigh them all.

Where's Mann when you need him?

angrysasquatch
11-12-2007, 12:21 PM
Hate to quote to the nation but.. they've got this covered.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2406452

aznmarkofdafiji
11-12-2007, 12:25 PM
I second the Luxfer one,

Nitroduck over at(I think) pbnation had statistics on tank weight, showing that Luxfer had the lightest and smallest compared to other competitors.

But I also have first hand experience on that tank, I own a Luxfer and a Crossfire 68/4500 tank and the Luxfer by far is smaller AND lighter compared to the crossfire one.

It was weird to me that there was a size and weight difference but the pres.sure ratings were the same.. but they both work great.

Edit: I guess angrysasquatch beat me to it with hard evidence this time.

Enemy
11-13-2007, 03:19 AM
thanks you guys i knew soneone had something like that thread out there