PDA

View Full Version : Any good indoor paintball fields in chicago area? and opinions needed..

Ravej50
11-12-2007, 01:10 AM
I'm looking for a good place for indoor paintball fields around the chicago area to hold a private game. I already went to illinoispaintballfields.com and most of those links were old or gone. I'm open to any suggestions in the chicagoland area.

I've been going to fox river games for woodball but wanted to know how the other fields around the chicago area were like cpx and operation paintball in huntley. The last time i went to CPX, the refs sucked, (they didn't care what happened on the field) and open games were really unorganized. I haven't tried operation paintball yet..So basically, looking for opinions on woodball fields...

thanks!

Ninjeff
11-12-2007, 01:46 AM
There is Chicagoland Paintball, i think it may be called Country Club paintball now....not sure.

I went there early this season (feb.) and it was........ok. I guess. Its where Chicago Evil practices, and the field layout is nice, and it was nice to play and be warm, but the bunkers were crap. About 1/2 inflated at best.

Still, if you are looking to play when its cold outside, give them a look. Maybe we just caught them on a bad day, who knows.

Either way, i know ill be going up there a few times this winter, i have to work off all that turkey dinner somehow.

trevorjk
11-12-2007, 02:22 AM
are the prices still outrageous at country paintball?

Ninjeff
11-12-2007, 03:37 AM
are the prices still outrageous at country paintball?

well they arent pretty i can tell you that. But sometimes im willing to pay extra for that winter paintball fix.

Ravej50
11-13-2007, 12:22 AM
well they arent pretty i can tell you that. But sometimes im willing to pay extra for that winter paintball fix.

I take it, it's more like an indoor speedball field then...

Thanks for the suggestion...are there any others in chicago-land that you know of?

Ninjeff
11-13-2007, 02:26 AM
Ya, its an indoor speedball field.

heres the link:

http://www.chicagoland-paintball.com/

There isnt any more indoors that i know of. If you find any PLEASE let me know. OH! Actually, thats not true, Chicago has a Reball center as well. I havent been there, and its not so much for playing as practicing. But from what i gather they have some cool set ups in there.

http://www.reball.us/newSite/crcHome.html

May be something to check out.

B-Pow
11-13-2007, 09:45 AM
There isnt any more indoors that i know of. If you find any PLEASE let me know. OH! Actually, thats not true, Chicago has a Reball center as well. I havent been there, and its not so much for playing as practicing. But from what i gather they have some cool set ups in there.

http://www.reball.us/newSite/crcHome.html

May be something to check out.

It's not bad if you like getting bonus balled by kids who can't drive cars who have $2,000+ setups for playing. I would not recomend CRC to anyone on this forum to be honest, it's aimed at a diffrent demographic. Also the "field" is very small it's almost designed for 1v1 or maybe 2v2 but squeezing 3v3 on there is really hard.

there use to be a nice indoor place that had a "junkyard" style field (lots of fun) along with 2 speedball fields. But I think they closed this last summer, place was called Factory Paintball or something like that.

BlueMagRT
11-13-2007, 04:53 PM
There are a couple good fields

There is realms of ruin in custer park illinois
Was there for a scenario in october and they had nice fields and a good refs.

www.realmsofruin.com (http://www.realmsofruin.com)

Also an Indoor / Outdoor Speedball place should be reopening soon.
Sounds like it will be in the west chicago area. The owner is cool and the refs are good.

Paintball Massacre Arena (http://www.paintballmassacrearena.com/)

tribalman
11-13-2007, 05:12 PM
i think ccp (country club paintball) closed when that kid was acting stupid and another kid got shot in the eye. i was going to point you to take aim, but i just found out that they closed also. i was gonna try and play there in a few weeks. i can't find if tri-city in saint charles is still open. it was ok, except for the rubber on the floor. what was the field in North Chicago? i can't remember what that was called.

trevorjk
11-13-2007, 05:26 PM
i think ccp (country club paintball) closed when that kid was acting stupid and another kid got shot in the eye. i was going to point you to take aim, but i just found out that they closed also. i was gonna try and play there in a few weeks. i can't find if tri-city in saint charles is still open. it was ok, except for the rubber on the floor. what was the field in North Chicago? i can't remember what that was called.

Factory Paintball? by the navy base? that is closed down

Ninjeff
11-13-2007, 08:17 PM
Crap. All the good fields seem to be closing. Its a real drag.

I thought about CRC only for "training" or something unique to do. But ill take your word for it if its no good.

I wish Sudden Impact had an indoor.

GroovYChickeN 2.o
11-13-2007, 08:53 PM
I wish Sudden Impact had an indoor.

Use to. One of the guys who worked their stole the rent/utilities check from John and we had to shut down :cry:

Now John won't open another one.

tribalman
11-14-2007, 04:51 AM
oh yeah, factory it was called.

are there any good outdoor fields other than badlandz around? i don't feel like going all the way to joliet or crete.

trevorjk
11-14-2007, 10:16 AM
in the spring summer and fall Paintball Sams in Racine Wi is $20 and BYOP its about 20 minutes north of the illonois border right on 94

otherwise there is a very good indoor field north of milwauke (about 2 hours from the border)
http://www.ke-westsports.com/Paintball.htm (site sucks but field is nice

B-Pow
11-14-2007, 10:35 AM
For outdoor I'm a big fan of fox, $30 BYOP lots of fields. (www.foxpaintball.com) They run some nice scenerios as well.

GroovYChickeN 2.o
11-14-2007, 11:20 PM
Sudden Impact is the best, sorry guys no way around it. :D

well for outdoor anyway.

zorrotmm
11-17-2007, 11:22 AM
If you're looking for Chicagoland indoor, I remember Take Aim being a great field with decent prices.

tribalman
11-19-2007, 01:31 AM
If you're looking for Chicagoland indoor, I remember Take Aim being a great field with decent prices.

yeah, take aim was pretty fun. it closed though.

zorrotmm
11-19-2007, 02:46 PM
yeah, take aim was pretty fun. it closed though.

Wow. I had no idea. That sucks.

Ravej50
12-14-2007, 01:50 PM
so chicagoland paintball is closed? dang..

Ravej50
12-14-2007, 02:07 PM
so chicagoland paintball is closed? dang..

i retract that statement. Chicago-land paintball is open.

$80 bucks for a box of $2000 paintball . kinda expensive. too bad they don't have byop

snoopay700
12-14-2007, 04:04 PM
It is? dang it, that's where i used to get my HPA filled to test out my mags, now there's no where nearby to fill it.

Anyway, the few times i went there to get a fill i saw a bunch of kids with ions and crap who were dryfiring into their barrel condoms, not the safest or smartest thing to do, but no one stopped them, the field i frequent (outdoor, they've got some events coming up, it's called paintball sam's) would throw you out for dry firing off the field (if you've been there a lot most likely they would unless it just went off, if you're a newbie then they give you a warning, if you do it again then you're out).

I'm sorry, but i just don't even want a possibility of someone shooting something at me with my goggles off, and when they're walking the trigger that makes it more possible than if they just do it a few times, so yeah, i never checked that place out.

trevorjk
12-15-2007, 01:28 AM
It is? dang it, that's where i used to get my HPA filled to test out my mags, now there's no where nearby to fill it.

Anyway, the few times i went there to get a fill i saw a bunch of kids with ions and crap who were dryfiring into their barrel condoms, not the safest or smartest thing to do, but no one stopped them, the field i frequent (outdoor, they've got some events coming up, it's called paintball sam's) would throw you out for dry firing off the field (if you've been there a lot most likely they would unless it just went off, if you're a newbie then they give you a warning, if you do it again then you're out).

I'm sorry, but i just don't even want a possibility of someone shooting something at me with my goggles off, and when they're walking the trigger that makes it more possible than if they just do it a few times, so yeah, i never checked that place out.

haha i play for free at Sams ;)

well my buddy works there (stoner looking kid with bushy long hair and wears a raccoon hat) and i work at paintball sally's (hwy 50 in paddock lake - 15 minutes west of 94 and we fill to 4800 psi ;)) so he gets me in free i get him paint for $20 and all is cool :cool:

also AO's Beamer, i believe, worked there and was on the old school paintball sams team? lots of AO'ers play at paintball sams

snoopay700
12-15-2007, 01:35 AM
haha i play for free at Sams ;)

well my buddy works there (stoner looking kid with bushy long hair and wears a raccoon hat) and i work at paintball sally's (hwy 50 in paddock lake - 15 minutes west of 94 and we fill to 4800 psi ;)) so he gets me in free i get him paint for $20 and all is cool :cool:

also AO's Beamer, i believe, worked there and was on the old school paintball sams team? lots of AO'ers play at paintball sams
If the guy you're referring to is a ref and is younger and has blonde hair, then i've played with him before, 2 years back or so i think, also one of the other refs was in the fort when we were playing capture the fort, was looking out of one window and i came up to the other one from outside and i saw him, he didn't see me, i stuck my gun in (didn't want to risk trying to rambo through the teeny hole then getting shot) and it wasn't pretty, i still feel sort of bad for him.

Sams is fun though, i'll probably be there fore the polar bear games or for the valentines day massacre, so if you're at either keep an eye out for my RT (it's posted in the mag of the month and in the hoard thread) and if you see me say hi.

trevorjk
12-15-2007, 01:43 AM
If the guy you're referring to is a ref and is younger and has blonde hair, then i've played with him before, 2 years back or so i think, also one of the other refs was in the fort when we were playing capture the fort, was looking out of one window and i came up to the other one from outside and i saw him, he didn't see me, i stuck my gun in (didn't want to risk trying to rambo through the teeny hole then getting shot) and it wasn't pretty, i still feel sort of bad for him.

Sams is fun though, i'll probably be there fore the polar bear games or for the valentines day massacre, so if you're at either keep an eye out for my RT (it's posted in the mag of the month and in the hoard thread) and if you see me say hi.

the polar bear game is this sunday right? if so i MIGHT be there.

as for the ref i am refering to his name is Tony, and he just started a few months back.

91Foxtrot
12-15-2007, 11:03 AM
The Badlandz just opened (Thursday) an indoor field in Calumet City.

http://www.thebadlandz.com/grindhouse.htm

Today is the first Saturday, and since I'm obviously not there now I can't comment on it. I'm sure I'll check it out sometime this winter, though.

trevorjk
12-15-2007, 01:29 PM
The Badlandz just opened (Thursday) an indoor field in Calumet City.

http://www.thebadlandz.com/grindhouse.htm

Today is the first Saturday, and since I'm obviously not there now I can't comment on it. I'm sure I'll check it out sometime this winter, though.

agg kiddies that over shoot. thats outdoor badlandz... im assuming the same can be said about the indoor field. however a nice write up would be nice

sup909
12-16-2007, 10:14 AM
If you are looking for something a little more off the beaten path, there is a guy running an event every Sunday during the Winter at an abandoned bread factory just south of Comisky Park off State St. His friend who owns the place has been hung up in legal red tape for several years with trying to convert the place to condos. So he lets some organizations use the space. There is RC racing there and then the quazi-renegade paintball.

Here are some links with details.
Myspace Blog (http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=58451315&blogID=307012628&Mytoken=9E8EFDA1-FBE1-49B4-BFBA439ECE7494F825151858
)

Special Ops Game Locater Page (http://www.specialopspaintball.com/brigade/gamelocator/locate_results.asp?gameid=19980)

Photos (http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c56/jefflee911/)

snoopay700
12-16-2007, 03:40 PM
the polar bear game is this sunday right? if so i MIGHT be there.

as for the ref i am refering to his name is Tony, and he just started a few months back.
I don't know when the polar bear game is, they normally have it in january, but they haven't updated their site or anything, so if it's this saturday i might not be there then though the valentines day massacre is definitely a must, the one this year i ended up getting a star the second game, and then promptly lost it in my room when i washed my clothes.

As for the new ref, i haven't been there to see him, so i don't know who you're talking about, but if i get my car fixed i want to try to ref there over the summer.

tribalman
01-01-2009, 06:33 PM
i am reviving this thread because it has been a year.

what indoor fields are still open? i'm going in 2 weeks with some friends who haven't played before so i don't know if i wanna take them to CCP/chicagoland paintball., plus the cost of a case is nuts. are there any good fields? it looks like factory is still open, but has it improved at all?

MAGslinger
01-02-2009, 08:12 PM
This really sucks, paintball fields closing left and right in Illinois...

AnthonyDStone
01-02-2009, 10:09 PM
Is Factory Open??I Wasn't last I checked,I would be happy if it was!Stinger is the only place I KNow of and it's Up North of Milwaukee.

Tony :)

tribalman
01-03-2009, 06:05 AM
i think???
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=84431004

Watcher
01-03-2009, 06:06 PM
There's a place in Calumet City called "The Grindhouse".
I think it is like a paintball field/skatepark/etc place.

They only have one field, but I hear it is run very well and paint is like $30 a case or BYOP.

I think they are holding reball at a nearby soccer arena as well.

If you've ever been to The BadLandz this is owned by the same people.

B-Pow
01-08-2009, 01:59 PM
Is Factory Open??I Wasn't last I checked,I would be happy if it was!Stinger is the only place I KNow of and it's Up North of Milwaukee.

Tony :)

Stinger is gone, unless you want to call ahead for team pratice and even then I think it's only sundays.

ne0nwalrus
01-28-2009, 11:51 PM
so i know this goes against the title. but i'm looking for a good or even bad indoor field in wisconsin, northen indiana, and/or westren/southren michigan.

Pump Scout
01-29-2009, 10:08 AM
Stinger is gone, unless you want to call ahead for team pratice and even then I think it's only sundays.

Stinger's open just about every weekend. BFG has been running $20 BYOP team practices the last couple weekends (plenty of places to drop in/fill in), and those wind up rolling into rec play later in the day. Hell, last time I was there, we wound up breaking out pumps! Siege in Mukwonego has a great 3-v-3 indoor upstairs in a barn - I know, sounds odd, but it works great. SE WI has a goodly number of indoor options.