PDA

View Full Version : Spring tut please!

stompdown
11-12-2007, 01:16 PM
I have seen many great tut's on ULT, x valve ect... I have a tac-1 that came with a short spring and 2 long springs that look equal size except one is red. Can someone please explain to me how each spring plays a part in ball chopping, velocity and what is the difference between them so i know which one to use. Thanks.

xxkylexx
11-12-2007, 01:33 PM
The longer the spring, the less force the bolt will have on hitting the ball. However, you may have velocity problems with the longer springs.

If anyone knows, I'd also like to know what the differences between the red and grey springs of equal size are.

angrysasquatch
11-12-2007, 02:37 PM
Probably stiffness. Try compressing them by hand, the stiffer spring probably continues the same trend, less force on the ball, lower potential velocity.

nevtangle
11-12-2007, 02:57 PM
From softer to firmer - short gold - red - silver

With the red and silver longer springs you'll need more pressure to overcome the tension of the spring. The bolt will have less impact on the ball with a stronger sping in front of it.

Since you had to turn up the pressure or velocity to overcome the longer springs tension the fps will be greater, but the impact of the bolt is lessened by the stronger spring.

Hopefully that makes sense.