PDA

View Full Version : HPA Question-Tac-One

Hoop71
11-12-2007, 06:51 PM
Having not played for about 10 Years (back in the day of CO2)

Just odered my Tac-One and have a couple questions.

Do HPA tanks have built in regulators? Do you need a second regulator? I would like the convenience of an "on/off" valve/knob if possible.

Sorry if these question are very basic but just trying to absorb everything.

Example-Smart Parts max-flo...what it does and the benefits...not saying I want that one just one that pops into my mind as an example.

Cheers,

Dan

Hexis
11-12-2007, 06:55 PM
HPA tanks do have a regulator. Some are fixed output (800psi is common), some have adjustable output (AGD Flatline for example). You do not need or want a secondary regulator on a Mag. The valve itself is a regulator.

With a screw in tank, you can use an on/off ASA for the on/off switch.

ThePixelGuru
11-13-2007, 04:41 AM
You want a high pressure output tank, something that puts out at least 800psi, preferably 850 or more.

Adjustables are great for tuning your 'mag, they let you control the reactivity of the trigger much more.

Tac-OneFun
11-13-2007, 09:11 AM
hey man....

Yes, i would recommend getting something with a higher output pressure than the standard 800 psi output pressure. This will enable you to break in your X valve faster and allow your RT trigger, assuming you have one, to operate much better. Getting a higher output pressure would require getting an after market regulator like a flatline. Only problem with a flatline is that once its connected to your gun, you don't remove it at all.

If you choose to go with a standard tank, you will need to get an off/on valve for where the tank connects to the gun. I recommend a simple CP on/off valve. It connects right at the base of the grip and is easy to install and maintain.