PDA

View Full Version : Warped Karta/Dallara Body

aznmarkofdafiji
11-13-2007, 01:48 PM
I love my Warped Tac-One and I'm digging the karta & dallara bodies.

And I thought.. what if both were put together into one?

You know, a warp right/left on a karta/dallara body.

Personally, I'm about 60/40, favor for it, on it, You lose the symmetry and the beauty of one side of the mag but it would look sexy on the other side(the side w/o the warp), especially without the feedneck on top. You can warp/qmag it and make it look nice without a huge hose running from the top.

What do you guys think of a warped karta/dallara body?

CKY_Alliance
11-13-2007, 02:26 PM
I think it won't happen since DW quit making large amounts of the bodies, I doubt they will make a new cad file for a handfull of em..

aznmarkofdafiji
11-13-2007, 02:37 PM
I think it won't happen since DW quit making large amounts of the bodies, I doubt they will make a new cad file for a handfull of em..

Well, I don't think it would be likely to happen either, but if by chance I got the cash for a single custom CNC job, would do you think of the concept?

angrysasquatch
11-13-2007, 02:47 PM
If you're gonna have to pay for custom cad, maybe have it come through the bottom. That >all.

maniacmechanic
11-13-2007, 06:33 PM
Well, I don't think it would be likely to happen either, but if by chance I got the cash for a single custom CNC job, would do you think of the concept?

you do realize your talking about 7oo to 8oo$ for a 1 off body like your thinking ?
you cant even use the CAD file for the Sluggo because of the feedneck & detent change
buy I like the idea , I've thought about it & spoke to a machinist about it , then threw it out of my head due to cost
What you could do is attack the crap out of a tac body with a dremmel , thier is a lot of aluminum on them

ta2maki
11-14-2007, 12:11 AM
Two impossible things must happen:
1. AGD produces a warp sluggo.
2. Colin codes an old design on a new slug.

This will never happen. This was brought up several times when the production of these bodies were in full swing. The chances of AGD making a warp sluggo is pretty much nil, so deadlywind making a warp dallara or karta ain't gonna happen.

You can probably find a machinist that could copy a dallara or karta and make it a warp. But it will never be a dallara or karta.

The closest you can probably get is to have a dallara or karta modified for a warp. Have them make a plug for the existing feed hole and make a new one on the side. If they carve the plug so the lines match and use 7075 aluminum. You could probably anno the whole thing to look decent.

wetwrks
11-14-2007, 02:55 AM
I would love it. Frankly I despise the top feed concept. Reguardless of the PC garbage these are "guns" and a gun should be sighted along the top.

Dark Side
11-14-2007, 12:25 PM
DW has stated that they will not mill a rail not made by AGD into Karta or Dallara design. Sorry man, already traveled down that road.