PDA

View Full Version : Well I just stepped into a new realm

punkncat
11-13-2007, 06:55 PM
I am one of the insane few who have spent the money to own a Karta. I am in process of buying zazoo's copper Karta Emag. I am so excited to get it. I have wanted a Karta body for a while, and finally just threw common sense to the wind and went for it.

With the Xmod already installed, it should make for a fun time the first game I play a few months from now.

olinar
11-13-2007, 07:03 PM
i recently joined the club with a karta emag as well.

I never understood why someone would spend so much money to own something that looks good but performs the exact same thing as something that costs a quarter of the price.

now that i own one, needless to say my thoughts on the subject have changed.

mine lacks the xmod but im extremely pleased with it at the time being.

enjoy yours!

rawbutter
11-13-2007, 07:43 PM
Darn it.... now you're making me rethink that whole "sell my slug" thing. Maybe I should get a Dallara. :confused:

wetwrks
11-13-2007, 08:58 PM
I never understood why someone would spend so much money to own something that looks good but performs the exact same thing as something that costs a quarter of the price.

It is the artistic aspect. Why do people spend millions on a piccasso when they can go down the street and have some kid throw some fingerpaint on paper?

I have a sluggo off being milled into a karta as we speak. It should be beautiful when the project is done.

phizz
11-13-2007, 09:03 PM
Yeah I loved the looks of my karta and Dallara, I always regret selling them, bills bills bills... I did sell my x-mag at one point and had to buy another for $300 more to replace it because I missed it so much. I am thinking about selling it again though, but I am trying to hold off because I know the feeling of regret will quickly follow.

I love being on the field when I had my KArta and those few guys who knew what they were were in awe. Even with my X-mag I was at a game here in BC and I had a kid probably 12 years old come up to me. He was so excited saying that he never thought he would see an x-mag in real life. He had a beat up old classic, I gave him some extra parts I had lying around and of course told how great mags were, classic all the way up.

jenarelJAM
11-14-2007, 03:25 AM
A guy on my college team somehow managed to snag a karta emag in a trade for the equivalent of $300-400. He immediately sold it for massive profit...

//I think he should have kept it...

Mongoose
11-16-2007, 05:11 PM
Darn it.... now you're making me rethink that whole "sell my slug" thing. Maybe I should get a Dallara. :confused:

Dont sell it......your half way there, just send it in :cheers:

Mechanic79
11-16-2007, 05:19 PM
I am one of the insane few who have spent the money to own a Karta. I am in process of buying zazoo's copper Karta Emag. I am so excited to get it. I have wanted a Karta body for a while, and finally just threw common sense to the wind and went for it.

With the Xmod already installed, it should make for a fun time the first game I play a few months from now.

Copper Karta was to be mine.... Take care of it well! :cry:

kruger
11-16-2007, 06:15 PM
Good buy on the Copper Karta. I looked really hard at that one, but I let it pass. I would have had it before, but zazoo was a little quicker on the draw than I was. I got one myself in the works, just waiting on the Triton frames to hit the market so I can finish it up.

punkncat
11-16-2007, 11:50 PM
Thanks fellas, and don't worry. I take exceptional care of markers, and from this point out unless I am falling I won't be pulling off any slides..... ;)