PDA

View Full Version : AO SoCal at it again!

Whee McGee
11-13-2007, 07:14 PM
Alright guys, seeing how much of a success the Pendleton (http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=220257) game (http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=220713) was (http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=222650) , I've volunteered to coordinate the next AO SoCal meet. I'd really like this one to be as successful as the last one, and with enough support, that should be no problem. :D

I really think the nail was hit on the head when someone suggested late January as the optimum date, but I'd like to gather people's opinion on the best time frame. I'd like you guys to include what time frame you'd like and what days you would be able to attend best.

Next up is location. Pendleton, SC Village, HSP, Giant, Conquest, and any other places you might know that I don't are possibilities. Anywhere you think you'd like to go to? Post and let me know!

The most important thing right now, though, is support for another one. We had about 20 people go to Pendleton, so let's step it up and get the people who didn't, or couldn't, show up. I'll be more than happy to work to get everyone to meet together. All matters of pricing (entrance, paint, food, etc.) will be considered once a better idea on where and when to play is formed.

Confirmed for brawl:
Whee McGee +X
UberGeek
nevtangle +X
kopjaeger
geekwarrior
acropilot
Carbon Blue
DaFin
rudz
smoothice
PumpMag
aznmarkofdafiji (Pendleton, Jan 19)
OEM Petey +X
Silver Dc5 TypeS
tesbeatsmag
Demonio
gruntbull +X (Pendleton, Jan 20)

Potential AOers:
Loguzzzzzz

Places:
Pendleton
Pros: Cheap, BYOP, not especially crowded, newly designed courses, positive response among AOers.
Cons: A bit out of the way for some people.
(Personal opinion: I had a blast here. The bit of a drive aside, I'd have no problems playing there again.)

SC Village
Pros: BYOP, huge course variety, (somewhat) centralized locale for Nor/SoCal
Cons:Can be crowded as hell, Agglets flock here, tank restrictions, depends heavily on the refs you get
(Personal opinion: I know a few of the funner refs, and I almost always have a good time here. As a private group, I'm almost positive we would have a good time.)

Hollywood Sports
Giant
Conquest
(I don't know much about these places, so opinions from you guys should go here)

Dates:
Saturday
January 12, 19, 26
February 02, 09

Sunday
January 13, 20, 27
February 10

As more input is gathered, this will be updated. I need each person to include their day and location of choice!
So far, so good! :headbang:

nevtangle
11-13-2007, 07:42 PM
Awesome! January should work for me. Saturday's are best.

As far as where we go, I don't really care as long as it's not Hollywood Sports. Their paint sucks! I'd be down for going to Pendleton again - can't beat $20 for all day! I'd like to try Giant also.

I'll do my best to go, but can't say for sure until the date is set. I can probably round up 1 or 2 guys to bring along.

kopfjaeger
11-13-2007, 07:51 PM
I am down. I second Pendleton. $20 and free air makes me happy. :)

geekwarrior
11-13-2007, 07:53 PM
i' down for just about anywhere, any Saturday. :cheers:

acropilot19
11-13-2007, 08:31 PM
Late January or early February sounds good. My one experience w/ SC Villiage was an overcrowded insane asilum. Pendleton is always good. Jungle Island was fun but kinda crowded. Never been to Giant. I'm up for anything.
Count me in.

Carbon Blue
11-13-2007, 08:40 PM
I am down. I second Pendleton. $20 and free air makes me happy. :)

I third! too bad we didnt get to play more scenario type fields, Ive been playing speedball so much it makes me miss the old stuff..

DaFin
11-13-2007, 09:53 PM
I'm interested and a near certainty at this point. Pendleton was nice but a bit of a hike. What fields are north of LA that might be interesting/fun?

Oh yeah and at some point I'll be changing names to Old School something or other so....

Rudz
11-13-2007, 09:57 PM
jan or feb is great, im gonna look into when pickles next big game is at jungle island, its a big game but im sure we could all stick together and play as a team, would be awesome since alot of the teams that play there shoot mags, pickles home team "caltrop guerrillas" are one of them, if anyone doesnt know who pickle is, he was a major force behind what was supposed to be shatnerball, and after its demise, pickle started putting on his own big games, some of which a few of us ao socal guys have been to and can attest for, great ref staff, fair play, and lots of fun

Smoothice
11-13-2007, 10:08 PM
From what I have read Giant paintball is only 3 fields big.

Sundays are BYOP. Sat is FPO.

I'm up for late january or any time february.

If we did camp pendleton we could simply ask to play the other fields. It was actually me who told the ref we were more of a speedball group. The last AO meets I have been to seemed to migrate towards speedball.

Rudz
11-13-2007, 10:35 PM
We can't play at that field anymore^^ it ummm dissapeared, black hole swallowed it up, all of it bye bye, so erase it from memory and don't ask again...k thanks bye

Smoothice
11-13-2007, 10:53 PM
We can't play at that field anymore^^ it ummm dissapeared, black hole swallowed it up, all of it bye bye, so erase it from memory and don't ask again...k thanks bye

What are you talking about? :cool:

Rudz
11-13-2007, 11:09 PM
Exactly

PumpMag
11-14-2007, 12:18 AM
I vote SC Village. BYOP and we have a big enough group that we can have our own game in the speedball arenas.

geekwarrior
11-14-2007, 12:38 AM
I vote SC Village. BYOP and we have a big enough group that we can have our own game in the speedball arenas.

what are there prices now? its like $35 to play/air isnt it?

Rudz
11-14-2007, 12:53 AM
Pm sk8rmog, since he works for hsp/ sc if we can get in for 30 ish a piece with all day air, we should think about it, we might even be able to provide our own bunkers if tach still has the airball field he bought

Rudz
11-14-2007, 12:59 AM
Just texted him, he still has the full 5man? Airball field

d4m4don3
11-14-2007, 01:20 AM

Read This (http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-carona9nov09,1,5069295.story?ctrack=1&cset=true)

aznmarkofdafiji
11-14-2007, 01:52 AM
Awsome, glad to see someone setting up another AO SoCal :clap:

I'd be down for Friday/Saturday

SC Village or Pendleton

So, you guys tend to only speedball? I guess I'll be the only one out of place; running around colored inflatables in a full multi-cam suit...

UberGeek
11-14-2007, 02:38 AM
So, you guys tend to only speedball? I guess I'll be the only one out of place; running around colored inflatables in a full multi-cam suit...

Check out the pictures of the meet and you'll see that you wouldn't be the only one wearing camo on a speedball field. Plus none of the covers were colored inflatables.

I'm up for late Jan/Feb on Saturday or Sunday and either SC or Pendleton.
Just remember to bring money for soda if we go to Pendleton :cheers:

Whee McGee
11-14-2007, 03:25 AM
Speedball, woodsball, I'm there for the fun.

Updated and added, keep it coming guys! :D

OEM Petey
11-14-2007, 10:21 AM
i should be there again with my bro in law and carbon blue. Hopefully dc5rsxtypes and tesbeatsmag will be there too.

Loguzzzzzz
11-14-2007, 11:41 AM
I am interested in early Feb but remember the Super Bowl is Feb 3, 2008. Saturdays are best for me but not a must.

I may have to bow out if it is at Pendleton this time. The drive isn't bad but the $200 worth of diesel fuel is a deterant so close to the last one. Somewhere a little more north would make me happy.

There is my http://www.pblegion.com/images/smilies/twocents.gif

Whee McGee
11-14-2007, 12:35 PM
I am interested in early Feb but remember the Super Bowl is Feb 3, 2008. Saturdays are best for me but not a must.

I may have to bow out if it is at Pendleton this time. The drive isn't bad but the $200 worth of diesel fuel is a deterant so close to the last one. Somewhere a little more north would make me happy.

There is my http://www.pblegion.com/images/smilies/twocents.gif
Would carpool change the situation? Where exactly do you live?

Rudz
11-14-2007, 01:03 PM
Sc.village sounds a lot better for guys like atach and loguuz who live waaaaay up north, plus I know we have fun shooting agglets

Loguzzzzzz
11-14-2007, 01:19 PM
Would carpool change the situation? Where exactly do you live?
I live in Northern Cali......Between San Francisco and Stockton.

Pendleton was a 900 mile round trip for me. I did it in one day, Drove down Friday night arrived at 12:30 am (Sat morning) played all day and got home 1:00 am Sunday monring.

:cheers:

Demonio
11-14-2007, 01:57 PM
Thats dedication- 900 miles. You must have trucker blood in you or maybe just re-runs of BJ and the bear ;)

As long as Pete keeps me posted, I will hopefully be able to make the next meet (finally) If his bro-in-law can make it, why can't I :D

OEM Petey
11-14-2007, 02:16 PM
Thats dedication- 900 miles. You must have trucker blood in you or maybe just re-runs of BJ and the bear ;)

As long as Pete keeps me posted, I will hopefully be able to make the next meet (finally) If his bro-in-law can make it, why can't I :D

i'll def keep you posted. You've got to make it out to one of these! haha

SC village is cool with me. As people stated, we can have our own speedball games. If you guys would like to play the other scenario fields, i think we need a minimum of 30 people for a private group. I like speedball. I don't need to play scenario, but I dont mind them at all.

DaFin
11-14-2007, 10:58 PM

Giant? It was brought up in the Carona Federal Indictment I think.... See page 13 paragraph 30 for the details. No field is named but the fairgrounds are talked about prominently in the indictment.

Rudz
11-14-2007, 11:34 PM
me and smoothice were talking abt something else, whats this abt giant?

DaFin
11-15-2007, 12:06 AM
You where saying forget about Giant, If it's gone as you suggested, I was saying it may be because to the Corona thing.

Or.... did I miss the satire and I should go back to my knitting?

nevtangle
11-15-2007, 12:08 AM
Read This (http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-carona9nov09,1,5069295.story?ctrack=1&cset=true)

Was it this?

Smoothice
11-15-2007, 12:10 AM
me and smoothice were talking abt something else, whats this abt giant?

lol - guess we should have just deleted our posts to avoid confusion.

Basically there was some dirty dealings between the owners of HSP/Giant and the Sheriff's wife. These dealings ($$$$) may have helped them get a lease for the property at the fair grounds.

Whether that will affect the field is in the air. I would imagine it would if after a trial and what not.

Rudz
11-15-2007, 12:51 AM
wow orange county sheriffs being dirty? omg... :tard: lol

idk ikm runk so who cares :cheers:

Whee McGee
11-15-2007, 01:54 AM
Right now, the main choices for play are Pendleton and SC Village, so I will dig up more info for both of those. In the mean time, please start picking from the dates I left up there. The better idea of the time frame, the better execution I'll perform as time rolls by. :D

PumpMag
11-15-2007, 02:24 AM
Not an AO Game, but much sooner!

BYOP (or $23 paint with coupon below) and 15 bucks gets you in the door!

9am to 10pm on Friday 11/23/07 at HSP!

I'll be there! Look for the Omega Sector Jersey! :dance:

Go early to get parking, a locker, and discounted paint!

http://www.hollywoodsports.com/IMAGES/flyers/afterthanksgiving_sm.jpg

gruntbull
11-15-2007, 08:25 PM
Pendleton I am down for Jan 20.
It would be me and one other minimum (potentially a few more if I can talk them into it.)

I currently dont have a mag tho :( But my Borg will be there rocking the flank

nevtangle
11-16-2007, 12:09 AM
Pendleton I am down for Jan 20.
It would be me and one other minimum (potentially a few more if I can talk them into it.)

I currently dont have a mag tho :( But my Borg will be there rocking the flank
It's cool, I used my Borg at the the last meet and lent my mag to a friend. Rudz has one too but something was wrong with it. That just means there will be more than 1. :cheers:

Silver Dc5 TypeS
11-16-2007, 02:20 AM
yeah I should be there with Oem petey and carbon blue again. Can't wait for the next event

Whee McGee
11-16-2007, 02:54 AM
Added people and updated information.

I need you guys to decide on a date and location. See the first post for more info!

aznmarkofdafiji
11-16-2007, 03:24 AM
I've never been to Pendleton, I'd like to go there for a change.

Date: Jan 19

nevtangle
11-16-2007, 10:12 AM
As much as I liked Pendleton, maybe we should switch it up. SC would be good, if we can get enough people.

As far as the date goes, as long as it's a Saturday it should work for me.

d4m4don3
11-16-2007, 10:16 AM
Setup a poll whee. It's in the options for posting.

BTW

Hollywood Sports is best for a private game on the recball fields. They have some speedball fields but nowhere near as much as SC Village does.

Conquest is like a jungle full of bamboo trees surrounding many of the fields, great places to hide.

Giant is 3 small fields and is in the OC. Not much else I know about it.

Whee McGee
11-17-2007, 09:00 PM
C'mon, you guys. Need opinions on time and place from as many people as possible. I want this to work!

Demonio
11-17-2007, 09:23 PM
I like Pendelton, Jungle Island sounds cool too. Velocity in SD is nice especially for you speedballers.

Giant..... I heard it wasn't that good so I have no desire to check it out after his review. When a guy lives 2 miles away from a pb field and would rather drive about an hour away to play, really says something to me about that place.

As for time... I'm always good for Sundays. I can do saturdays with a month notice (roughly)

Loguzzzzzz
11-19-2007, 11:50 AM
My pick is Feb. 9th at either California Paintball Park or Conquest.

Just my http://www.pblegion.com/images/smilies/twocents.gif

acropilot19
11-19-2007, 12:56 PM
C'mon, you guys. Need opinions on time and place from as many people as possible. I want this to work!

I think everybody's gearing up for the holidays n' stuff, so the posts might be a little light for awhile. Just take what you've got so far and start firming up details. End of Jan, early Feb gives people enough recovery time, and the "where" is mainly up to you. I'd start getting some hard numbers from 2 or 3 places on cost & dates, and throw 'em out there for the majority to rule on. no rush tho, we got some time...
:)

Whee McGee
11-19-2007, 01:45 PM
The problem with that is that when the holidays are finished, that date becomes a lot closer than anyone thinks. I want opinions so that I can get to work while everyone kicks back. That way, when the big day comes up, everyone's geared to go, and I have everything laid out. :D

The reason for the push is mainly on me, so I can keep it current as a priority in my head. If people can take a few minutes to put in their votes, the rest of the work would be on me to finish, and I don't like disappointing people :D

Smoothice
11-20-2007, 08:17 PM
I voted :clap:

As far as other locations I would suggest some fields a little further North like California Paintball Park or Conquest

As long as its end of january or february I will be there. I would even be open to end of February if more people could attend.

acropilot19
11-21-2007, 06:19 PM
I just checked out the Conquest site and that looks like a fun place as well. I'm up for anything.
:headbang:
Hey Smoothice, dija get my PM on the pics, and all the emails I sent w/my pictures?
:confused:

Smoothice
11-21-2007, 06:21 PM
I just checked out the Conquest site and that looks like a fun place as well. I'm up for anything.
:headbang:
Hey Smoothice, dija get my PM on the pics, and all the emails I sent w/my pictures?
:confused:

I did. Been busy working on my wifes christmas presents. She decided she wants 2 years of home videos made into a watchable dvd. How dare she!!!!!

But now that I'm finally learning how to use my video editing software maybe the next ao meet will have some video as well :shooting:

nevtangle
11-22-2007, 12:01 AM
So, I think I injured my foot at the last meet, or at least aggravated it . I have a pinched nerve in my foot and can barely walk. The podiatrist gave me an injection today, but I'm still in a lot of pain. :(

Hopefully I am back to 100% when this happens.

Rudz
11-22-2007, 12:12 AM
Not an AO Game, but much sooner!

BYOP (or $23 paint with coupon below) and 15 bucks gets you in the door!

9am to 10pm on Friday 11/23/07 at HSP!

I'll be there! Look for the Omega Sector Jersey! :dance:

Go early to get parking, a locker, and discounted paint!

http://www.hollywoodsports.com/IMAGES/flyers/afterthanksgiving_sm.jpg

ill try to get off work at 2, but looks like im in till 4

Rudz
11-22-2007, 12:14 AM
btw my birthday is january 18th, so the wekkend after would be awesome!!!! :headbang:

gruntbull
11-24-2007, 01:10 PM
New place opened up in Costa Mesa, air ball only, if anyone would be interested I can get more info on it. I think it would be good to go to a new field and show them some support (and help pay their bills for the week)

Smoothice
11-24-2007, 01:18 PM
New place opened up in Costa Mesa, air ball only, if anyone would be interested I can get more info on it. I think it would be good to go to a new field and show them some support (and help pay their bills for the week)

That woud be Giant correct?

I have a bunch of info

30+ people for private group
$20/person + air (not 100% sure air is extra)
$240 deposit

Saturday = FPO
Sunday = BYOP

Rudz
11-25-2007, 12:27 AM
the 30 plus is where we hurt, we can get close to that but idk,

Whee McGee
11-27-2007, 12:14 PM
Bumping for a few more responses.

Right now it looks like SC Village on Jan 19.

Keep it up, guys :headbang:

nevtangle
11-27-2007, 02:34 PM
This really sucks! It looks like I will have to have surgery on my foot. Put me on the injured list. There is a chance that I'll make it but it's looking very slim as of now. :cuss:

Smoothice
11-27-2007, 02:35 PM
This really sucks! It looks like I will have to have surgery on my foot. Put me on the injured list. There is a chance that I'll make it but it's looking very slim as of now. :cuss:

whats wrong with it?

nevtangle
11-27-2007, 02:42 PM
whats wrong with it?
I have what's called a neuroma. It's basically a pinched and irritated nerve in between the toes. It hurts like hell and didn't respond to the injection therapy. Surgery is the last resort, but looks like it's my only option as of now. :(

Rudz
11-27-2007, 04:42 PM
dude that sucks

cmon guys jan 19th!!!!!!! sc village!!!! rudz's b day bash!!!!

Old School 626
11-30-2007, 11:12 AM
Rudz, the 18th is my birthday too and I want a purple SFL :D

Anyway.... Whee, this is DaFin just doing the screen name change I've been wanting to do for a while now. I am still down for 1 but may bring more.

The 19th at SC sounds great!

acropilot19
11-30-2007, 07:14 PM
SC Villiage? Is it at least gonna be a private group? I dont wanna havta mix with tha local riff-raff, I've prolly arrested some of 'em. I really dont wanna have to carry my backup onto tha field...
:shooting:

Smoothice
11-30-2007, 07:32 PM
I would also prefer a private group. Somebody is going to have to research that. $$$, # of people, etc.

UberGeek
11-30-2007, 08:19 PM
SC Village group packages:

Party Group Package: $20 per person

* $120 deposit required
* 12 or more players required
* Saturdays and Sundays only
* All Day Play at Half Day Price Rate of $20 per person (Save $5!)
* Play with other players using same type/category of Paintball Marker
* Money-saving Discount Packages available

Private Group

* $240 deposit required for weekends, $400 minimum for weekdays
* 30 or more players required on weekends and weekdays
* One FREE admission for every 15th person (Saturdays and Sundays only)
* All Day Play at Half Day Price Rate of $20 per person (Save $5!)
* Your own closed field
* Money-saving Discount Packages available
* All package deals already include a $3 discount on Paintball Markers and $2 discount on full masks
* Group organizer receives a FREE SC Village promotional gift package

Deposit Requirements

* Deposits due as soon as possible to guarantee reservations
* Deposit amounts: Party Group - $120, Private Group Weekend - $240, Private Group Weekday - $400
* NO PERSONAL CHECKS PLEASE
* No refunds on reservations cancelled less than 72 hours prior to play date
* Late cancellations and no-shows result in forfeiture of deposit

Rudz
12-02-2007, 10:34 AM
What's the diff between a party group and private group, btw anyone get ahold of sk8rmog? He might be able to get us a break at sc.....

Whee McGee
12-02-2007, 01:17 PM
A private group is just that; it's a group that goes by itself to play on fields.
Party groups go against others people; Party groups are "teams," per say.

A private group would be a little too difficult to pull off. It requires 30 people and that might not be possible. A party group is more feasible, and probably not as bad as some of you might think. :p
Maybe I could get the refs to give us a break and let us play alone, though.

Demonio
12-02-2007, 03:10 PM
Basically a Party group plays with the Walk-on crowd (not my personal preferance)

Private Group plays only within the group. (more fun in my book)

Rudz
12-02-2007, 03:41 PM
Well all the times ao socal has had a full blown event at sc, we played eachother most of the time, there are so many of us, we just take fields over, play at will, the re pod and air up, take a new field, and so on and so on, once in a while we have people jump in if we are short or they just wanna play, but more often then not they don't stick around, we aren't exactly rookies, so the walk ons shy from us, and well guys like me and tach, scare the beejezzus out of agg kids...I say we play like we always do, walk on, take over fields, its worked so far on evry field except the airball field, and we didn't like that field anyways

Smoothice
12-02-2007, 10:11 PM
Saw sk8termog today at Giant paintball. He said he may be able to hook us up. We will need a fairly accurate list of who's coming. Mainly #'s. Then he can try to work some magic.

acropilot19
12-02-2007, 11:01 PM
I'll definately be there, I'll see if Matt can go again to.
:headbang: :headbang:
So put me down for two-
and if Matt can go, make it three...

d4m4don3
12-02-2007, 11:35 PM
As smoothice said, we were down at giant. Here's my assesment of the fields.

Giant paintball is basically located in the main arena field where the OC NPPL tournament was. The speed ball field is comfortable at the most for a 5 on 5 any more and you'd feel crowded. Sort of like splat factories field sizes. The recball fields kind of look like the mad max fields in Hollywood sports just a tad bit smaller. Both fields would feel uncomfortable if it was more than 15 on 15. We saw Mog there and he did a good job reffing the crew there but later in the afternoon the numbers swelled at Giant and the fun deflated a bit since the crowding became an issue. If they combine the recball fields as per the future plans it may resolve the issue.

it doesn't get the seal of approval for an ao socal since our numbers swell as the sun goes up I wouldn't suggest giant for the group to go to. Conquest/HSP/Conquest and JUngle should be more than able to accomodate the group and as Smoothice said; Sk8erMog might be able to hook us up with something.

d4m4don3
12-02-2007, 11:39 PM
Well all the times ao socal has had a full blown event at sc, we played eachother most of the time,

I think what he meant was that we invaded the speedball fields there. We did not go to the recball fields and kept it pretty much a hyperball/speedball type of event. If we do go to sc village and want to play the recball/scenario fields then we will require some considerable planning and money up front folks. 120 is a lot to ask for but can we do it guys? Can we scratch up some money to transfer to someones paypal account so they can put a deposit in to SC?
Or is someone willing to pony up 120 for the deposit?

Whee McGee
12-03-2007, 01:25 PM
I think what he meant was that we invaded the speedball fields there. We did not go to the recball fields and kept it pretty much a hyperball/speedball type of event. If we do go to sc village and want to play the recball/scenario fields then we will require some considerable planning and money up front folks. 120 is a lot to ask for but can we do it guys? Can we scratch up some money to transfer to someones paypal account so they can put a deposit in to SC?
Or is someone willing to pony up 120 for the deposit?
I would be putting the deposit down, and I would be repaid on the day by everyone :D
I don't have a validated paypal account (in fact I've been using my friend's for all my transfers), so that plan wouldn't work anyways. As long as I know I'd be returned my 120.00, I'd have no problem doing it. That's one of the reasons why I've been pushing for people to get their opinions in. ;)

Sk8ermog
12-03-2007, 03:58 PM
My AO Bros. It was great seeing some of you guys out at Giant the other day. Sorry it was so muddy and crouded. Thursdays and Sundays are bring your own paint so by mid afternoon it gets a bit crowded.

Ok so for this SOCAL AO event I just talked with my manager at SC and he has offered everyone in the group free air! That's $10 off right there. He offered me paint at $30 a case for some of our better SC paint and we are working out a deal for entry which currently stands at $20/person for a private group. What that means is we would need at least 30 players and we'd get our own ref who would get us on the scenario fields by ourselves as a group and get us on the hyperball fields when ever we want. This is the best way to do it because the ref can kick people off the fields and help the games go smoother as needed. I can make sure we get a good ref since I know most of the private group refs over there and I'll keep in contact with the owners of SC and managers to make sure everything is taken care of for us. The more paint we buy from them the happier they will be of coarse, but feel free to bring your own paint. I told them we are a bunch of older mature (at least some of us ;) guys that love paintball and want to have a good time without causing any problems. I also mentioned that last time people flew out for the event and that got my manager interested in maybe trying to make this an annual thing.

So now all I need are some total numbers and at least 2 weeks notice of the date we are going. Also I can take care of the deposite and registration for everyone going. Deposite will only need to be about $100 and at $20 a person for everything that shouldn't be too hard to get. Feel free to pm me any questions or if you want to talk to me about this whole thing then please pm me because I tend to get lost in threads when I'm at work. Thanks.

Smoothice
12-03-2007, 04:12 PM
There we have it. Straight from the horses mouth.

Now all we need is enough people to step up and make it to this event.

I will be there. And I will do my best to get as many people as possible to come with me.

I also plan on buying some field paint to support the cause. Escpecially since I will have my new gforce pneuframe by then :shooting: .

Sk8ermog
12-03-2007, 04:16 PM
Oh and the numbers aren't that big of a deal. I told them close to 30, but we could go as low as 20 for the private group. The more the better we look on the schedual and in the owner's eyes for doing these events in the future. I'll try to bring in about 8 guys myself. I voted for Jan. 19, but I'm good with a Sat. in Feb. as well. Either way it's going to be cold in the morning and nice the rest of the day out in corona.

Smoothice
12-03-2007, 04:18 PM
:clap: :bounce: :headbang: :shooting: :dance:

Whee McGee
12-03-2007, 04:48 PM
I'll give this thread one more week, then the information will be updated on the first page, or a new thread with all the information will be started. Sk8ermog pulled through for us, so let's get the ball rolling on this as a definite.

Last chance for people's input to go in here.
Don't miss out. :D

Rudz
12-03-2007, 07:02 PM
Sc village, jan 19th, rudz' s b day bash!!!!!! I'm sure we can get atleast 20 to 25, and I to will be buying field paint, becuase they are doing us this favor

d4m4don3
12-04-2007, 12:34 AM
Sc village, jan 19th, rudz' s b day bash!!!!!! I'm sure we can get atleast 20 to 25, and I to will be buying field paint, becuase they are doing us this favor
Besides your b-day, my cousin in stockton turns 30 on the 18th. :cry:
Feb 9th and I bet we can get Loguzzz out here.... :ninja:

dsrkd
12-04-2007, 02:37 AM
January 19th at SC looks good. I can most likely get 5+ to go.

Rudz
12-04-2007, 09:41 AM
aight jan 19th, and i hoipe everyone tries to get as many people as they possibly can!!!! since sc is doing us a major favor, also, i would suggest maybe we buy field paint, just to show them that we appreciate what they doing for us!!! but its not required, thanks guys, jan 19th, sc village!!! and d4m4don,...you didnt have an issue last year, so whatever you said to get out of it last year, you can do it again... :clap:

Demonio
12-04-2007, 05:00 PM
darn it..... i'm gonna miss another one..... :cry:

I'm supposed to be in CO for some snow action. :D

Never fails- I always have something going on when the AO days happen..... :mad:

d4m4don3
12-05-2007, 09:34 AM
darn it..... i'm gonna miss another one..... :cry:

I'm supposed to be in CO for some snow action. :D

Never fails- I always have something going on when the AO days happen..... :mad:

Come join us! :clap:
You can blow off the ski trip and shoot some people. :shooting:

Demonio
12-05-2007, 05:11 PM
I could but other than just having fun on the slopes (which I don't get to do enough) I have some long time friends (like the kind that don't grow on tree's friends) that I am looking forward to hanging out with, It's been a while.

I'm pretty much open to the other weekends and Feb woulda been perfect. One of these days I will be at one. OEMPetey will have to keep me posted in case I disappear but I should be around.

A-Tach-One
12-05-2007, 05:43 PM
dude that sucks

cmon guys jan 19th!!!!!!! sc village!!!! rudz's b day bash!!!!

I'll try for this one. Looks like it could be doable for me.

Loguzzzzzz
12-05-2007, 06:44 PM
Well, I know this will change the minute I point this out but technically the Feb 9th date is in the lead.

That is the date I prefer.

:D

Smoothice
12-05-2007, 06:48 PM
yeah I was actually going to suggest a new poll with only the jan 19th and Feb 9th dates as options.

It seems there a number of people that could do feb but not Jan.

Maybe with another poll people could vote for either day or for both days if it doesn't matter for them. Then we could get a very accurate head count as well.

I think now that we have a few dates narrowed down this would give those that didn't vote for either day to chime in.

Rudz-Even if it is on the 9th it can still be your birthday bash. :cheers:

Shingo
12-05-2007, 07:20 PM
I'm in for SC....

Dates good for me:
Jan 12
Jan 26
Any Sat in Feb

Jan 19 is a no no.... I cant make it for sure that date.

Shingo

d4m4don3
12-05-2007, 09:53 PM
Well, I know this will change the minute I point this out but technically the Feb 9th date is in the lead.

That is the date I prefer.

:D
:ninja:

Should I have shrub log in and vote too? :spit_take

Sk8ermog
12-06-2007, 12:32 AM
I just don't understand why we can't do both? I mean they are far enough apart and my manager offered the deal for both dates. So if you can't make the first one then come out the Feb. date. That seems like it would work for almost everyone. $20 to play paintball should be easy enough to come up with in a month ;).

dsrkd
12-06-2007, 01:59 AM
Sk8ermog,
I concur.
Plan for both :clap: .

Whee McGee
12-06-2007, 03:58 AM
Sounds like a deal to me. New thread (http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=223735) has been made, please direct all posts to new thread. Thanks!

d4m4don3
12-06-2007, 09:56 AM
:sleeping: :confused: :eek: :spit_take :headbang:

PumpMag
12-07-2007, 02:25 AM
2 AO SoCal meets! Oh yeah! :headbang: