PDA

View Full Version : Bolt stick?

DRAGONSLAYER
01-13-2002, 08:53 AM
When I'm in the middle of a game, sometimes my bolt will stick. If I take my knife and turn the gun upside down to move the balls, I can put the blade in through the powerfeed slot and push the bolt back. Then I am good for awhile and it will do it again. I have tried different spacers with no luck. I have the stock bolt in it, and a replacement spring from a parts kit. Maybe I need a new spring? Or a new bolt? I can't figure it out.:(

Xzion
01-13-2002, 11:45 AM
well, if the end of the boltspring is flush with the boltface, or below, the spring needs to be replaced. As long as the spring is past the boltface, its' not due for replacement yet. if thats not the problem, I'm not sure of what else it could be off the top of my head.

PyRo
01-13-2002, 11:50 AM
Don't streach out old springs, that will just make it worse.

p8ntballa
01-13-2002, 04:20 PM
Sometimes if you tighten the field strip screw with an allen wrench it will cause bolt stick. Just finger tighten it.

rhetor22
01-13-2002, 04:21 PM
did you ever have your gun painted or anything?

DRAGONSLAYER
01-14-2002, 05:50 PM
rhetor22- No,not painted, but I did polish it. And I always finger-tighten the strip screw. I will check my spring like Xzion said. Other than that, maybe it is just nature of the beast?...Thanks again for help...;)