PDA

View Full Version : Old School game day

BigTrucker
11-13-2007, 11:24 PM
Any one ever think about having an Old School game day? The rules would be Only Co2 is to be used, No HPA. No Vented barrels, only Pump and Mechanical markers only. The only type of hopper would be gravity or a single blade view loader. Only 2 - 4 100 ball reload pods per person. O yes and NO LVL 10 BOLTS OR Pneumatic TRIGERS, unless it came stock back in the mid 90's. Example would be an Autococker. What do you guys think???

minimag03
11-14-2007, 12:19 AM
I dunno about the HPA part. There is no reason not to use it since it's already at their field. Also, let anyone use the hopper of their choice, or atleast include a hopper that is still in production. Oh, and they had porting through most of the 90s did they?

Stayhuge
11-14-2007, 08:21 AM
The only thing I disagree with is the barrel porting. Maybe only stock barrels?? That would probably be easier. I love the concept though.

DaFin
11-14-2007, 12:03 PM
Old School? Some of the things you mention I've played with in the last year.

Ported barrels really started around 1990 IIRC.

You should try to find a pump only game near you, you'd probably like it a lot.

Chris_automag_07
11-14-2007, 12:20 PM
i think this is just another idea from someone who is sick of getting lit up... :shooting: :shooting: and i really dont see the point of not having a level ten. spending half the day cleaning out shell pieces out of your gun isn't my kind of paintball.

Chronobreak
11-14-2007, 03:51 PM
if your chopping with a lvl7 mag your doing something wrong...

we have considerd an autococker vs automag big game, as well as an oldschool event such as you suggested. no guns made before 95 or so.

Lee
11-14-2007, 06:03 PM
Rocky Cagnonis field, break 50, in tarpon springs (Fl) does a no batteries night every wednesday. havn't been able to go myself, but a buddy goes every time and says it's a blast.

BigTrucker
11-14-2007, 08:21 PM
i think this is just another idea from someone who is sick of getting lit up... :shooting: :shooting: and i really dont see the point of not having a level ten. spending half the day cleaning out shell pieces out of your gun isn't my kind of paintball.
I think you missed the point of "old school" I dont get lit up offten, I just use to think it was funny when you think you have some one point blank and your or his ball spin up, down, left or right and miss each other.

Chris_automag_07
11-14-2007, 11:07 PM
you didnt have to protect your dignity, i was just making a joke. but anyway. i dont really think it is doing something wrong when i chop with a level 7 while using a grav. loader...but if it is a revvy..maybe. man...ao is turning into pbn slowly. trash me for that to PLEASE...prove my point.

Chronobreak
11-14-2007, 11:16 PM
you didnt have to protect your dignity, i was just making a joke. but anyway. i dont really think it is doing something wrong when i chop with a level 7 while using a grav. loader...but if it is a revvy..maybe. man...ao is turning into pbn slowly. trash me for that to PLEASE...prove my point.

its hard to detect sarcasm over the net, so things must be taken at face value,

there are ton of reasons a mag can chop, there isnt an inherent problem with the lvl7 atleast that im aware of that causes it to "chop"

bad detents,bad paint/or paint to barrel match, shortstroking,misfeed/loader not fast enough", using co2/freezing valve up. just to name a few

and as for AO becoming like PBN I doubt AO is turning into the worlds largest sports forum :ninja: :p

as i said things must be taken at face value, you seem to be the one making "ao more like pbn" with your comment to the threadstarter about being lit up.

Chris_automag_07
11-15-2007, 11:32 PM
its hard to detect sarcasm over the net, so things must be taken at face value,

there are ton of reasons a mag can chop, there isnt an inherent problem with the lvl7 atleast that im aware of that causes it to "chop"

bad detents,bad paint/or paint to barrel match, shortstroking,misfeed/loader not fast enough", using co2/freezing valve up. just to name a few

and as for AO becoming like PBN I doubt AO is turning into the worlds largest sports forum :ninja: :p

as i said things must be taken at face value, you seem to be the one making "ao more like pbn" with your comment to the threadstarter about being lit up.

thank you...."bows"

[NA]WARLORD
11-16-2007, 06:30 AM
Ported barrels are old school, since most of the semi's had ported barrels stock. The Mag had the crown point, which is ported at the end and Smart Parts AA barrels were out before the Automag was. As well as J&J's, Armson and TASO barrels which all offered some sort of porting, whether it was spiral or muzzle break.

Level 10's should also be permissible as it helps with ball breaks keeping you playing vs cleaning your equipment. As far as loaders, I would limit it to Revvy's and Ricochet's to limit the amount of firepower on the field.

As far as HPA, I would also let this slide as it is safer then c02 as far as shooting hot is concerned. Whats the point of having half the people sit on the side lines due to hot guns trying to get their velocities lowered enough to play, when HPA will take the guess work out of it for good ? I would rather being playing vs tinkering with my gun at the field, that isn't really any fun.