PDA

View Full Version : Increase Fixed Output Pressure

xxkylexx
11-14-2007, 12:02 PM
Hey guys,
I have a Pure Energy 88/4500 with the reactor regulator and am wanting to increase it's factory output pressure of around 800 psi to around 1000-1100 psi to let my tac-one x-valve rip!

I read an old thread (http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=214578&highlight=increase+output+pressure) here on AO where a guy added some extra shims behind the belleville spring pack and increased the output pressure of his reactor reg.

Reactor Reg Exploded View (http://paintballsolutions.com/05pb_solutions/pdf/manuals/pureenergy/PE_manual.pdf)

This got my attention, and seemed pretty easy to do, so I figured I would call up the Pure Energy tech at Paintball Solutions to verify, and he told me the opposite. He says that you remove the thinner shims to increase the pressure.

Anyone else ever done this before, and can add any input? Any suggestions? Is this reg something I could easily break down and re-assemble by following the diagram in the PDF above, or should I refer it to a technician? Also, can I just screw in a gauge on the other side of my ASA to test the tank's output?

Thanks!!!

splashkitsrock420
11-14-2007, 12:36 PM
ive heard that some of these regs even put out 1000 psi stock .....factory mess up or something...:)

Hey guys,
I have a Pure Energy 88/4500 with the reactor regulator and am wanting to increase it's factory output pressure of around 800 psi to around 1000-1100 psi to let my tac-one x-valve rip!

I read an old thread (http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=214578&highlight=increase+output+pressure) here on AO where a guy added some extra shims behind the belleville spring pack and increased the output pressure of his reactor reg.

Reactor Reg Exploded View (http://paintballsolutions.com/05pb_solutions/pdf/manuals/pureenergy/PE_manual.pdf)

This got my attention, and seemed pretty easy to do, so I figured I would call up the Pure Energy tech at Paintball Solutions to verify, and he told me the opposite. He says that you remove the thinner shims to increase the pressure.

Anyone else ever done this before, and can add any input? Any suggestions? Is this reg something I could easily break down and re-assemble by following the diagram in the PDF above, or should I refer it to a technician? Also, can I just screw in a gauge on the other side of my ASA to test the tank's output?

Thanks!!!

ta2maki
11-14-2007, 01:19 PM
I did this to my evil 88/5000 tank, which has the same reg. You are adding a shim, and a very thin one at that. I put in an off the shelf washer and output pressure jumped to 1700psi. I had to file it down really thin to get a output pressure of 1100. It disassembles fairly easily after loosening the set screws in the bonnet. Just make sure the tank is empty before disassembling the reg, as the springpack and piston hold the pressure in the tank. It was a bit of a process to get the pressure I wanted as I didn't have a way of filling the tank at home. I had to file down the shim, then drive to the proshop to get it filled a few times before I got the pressure where I wanted. Not sure what the tech ment by taking a shim out. My reg did not have any 'shims' to take out.

peeeto
11-14-2007, 01:20 PM
...He says that you remove the thinner shims to increase the pressure...
nope - it's definitely add shims to increase pressure :)

xxkylexx
11-14-2007, 01:54 PM
Thanks guys. I am going to an event at the end of this month which Pure Energy and Crossfire are suppose be there. I may just wait until then to give it a try, as they may have the parts/shims needed to do this as well.

Thanks again!

angrysasquatch
11-14-2007, 04:06 PM
He may have meant take out a shim and replace it with a thicker one. I know they use 2 different sized shims in there.

Pneumagger
11-14-2007, 04:39 PM
If you take a sheet of .020-.035 sheet metal and make a shim that should work well.

splashkitsrock420
11-14-2007, 04:59 PM
so can this be done to a crossfire reg? if so do tell.....:) and what kinda strain does it put on the reg in tourn?
jw.....i wouldnt mind having a 1000 psi screw in :)
i just hate the pmi reg

xxkylexx
11-14-2007, 05:10 PM
so can this be done to a crossfire reg? if so do tell.....:) and what kinda strain does it put on the reg in tourn?
jw.....i wouldnt mind having a 1000 psi screw in :)
i just hate the pmi reg
I've heard you can send in your Crossfire reg and they will do it for you at the price of a rebuild.