PDA

View Full Version : Got Skills? Rate Yourself!

Warwitch
11-14-2007, 12:34 PM
Id love to see what AO thinks of themselves. Rate your woodsball/speedball skill level (1-10). Be honest because you will only be fooling yourself when we hit the fields!

(You can just vote on the poll if you are self conscious about sucking. Votes are not publicly veiwable :p )

In the good ol' days when I could play every weekend, I figure I hovered at about a 7. Probably closer to a 5 these days though :rolleyes: More knowledge, but less skill. (I must be getting old.)

TnDeathInc
11-14-2007, 12:39 PM
speedball - 6.5

woods/scenario/biggame - about 8.

With a weakened hamstring from reconstructive surgery i really dont push my self to run full force jump and slide in to bunkers like 3 years ago. I'll be back to form someday as it still gives me grief but im not totally noobish at speedball.

rawbutter
11-14-2007, 12:44 PM
I would have NO IDEA what to do on a speedball course. But woodsball? I usually have WAY more eliminations that deaths, so that's saying something, I guess. And I play with a bunch of guys in their 30s-40s who have been playing for years. And they're afraid of me. :D

Chaos_Theory!
11-14-2007, 01:16 PM
7-8, i guess i consider myself an accomplished amature. Im not by any means a pro or amazing paintballer but i believe im above an average joe.

JOESPUD27
11-14-2007, 01:18 PM
Not a Pro & above Average Joe.

Speed or Woods.

Jay

senghing27
11-14-2007, 01:21 PM
I'm a ninja...

Wheres that rating? :ninja:

flyboy
11-14-2007, 01:30 PM
I'm a ninja...

Wheres that rating? :ninja:

a true ninja needs no rating.......

(insert sound if rushing wind and japanese flute)

tech-chan
11-14-2007, 01:50 PM
Im a joe who pawns. That equals: :dance:

Warwitch
11-14-2007, 01:54 PM
Id like to know who voted themself a 9-10 and didnt post :rolleyes:

I would definitely say I get more kills than deaths but I dont take it too seriously out there anymore. I just really like camping, getting together with friends...... and shooting them. :shooting:

LegumeOfTerror
11-14-2007, 02:16 PM
ive never played speedball against anyone who i felt was truley a better player than i am. you know, being in a situation where i feel i cant win agains that guy, like i might in basketball or something. woodsball has way to many variables, but id say my hunting type expeiriences help with the whole staying quiet and hearing/finding the other guys.

Coralis
11-14-2007, 02:17 PM
Ive been playing for a long time since the late 80s and I still consider myself seasoned target ... :mad:

Skiddz
11-14-2007, 02:21 PM
i play in what is considered Pro Ball (sppl) but i don't believe i play at that level so i think my level is at 8

Chaos_Theory!
11-14-2007, 02:23 PM
I wouldnt consider SPPL Pro level really.

Skiddz
11-14-2007, 02:44 PM
naw but we have played 3 pro teams in it thats kinda why i consider it pro in a sense of scenario play.

Warwitch
11-14-2007, 02:45 PM
Ive been playing for a long time since the late 80s and I still consider myself seasoned target ... :mad:

Which doesnt matter as long as you are having fun :cheers: The day PB stops being fun for me is the day I quit (and it hasnt happened yet).

B-Pow
11-14-2007, 03:27 PM
On an average day I get one or two more elimnations then deaths...but I wouldn't consider myself anything better than average. That also comes from what I like to do...you can have your runners your defenders front back whatever you want to call them...I'll play designated idiot, I run way up, make myself look like a delicious target by yelling, waving, dancing (sometimes)...and manage to utilize enough cover to stay in and watch them waste paint. That is if I can't find a nice spot way up in front to plink at people.

Oh yes this works on speedball too....it's just not as out in the open...

jenarelJAM
11-14-2007, 05:29 PM
I put down as average joe. I've handcapped myself by playing pump and usually feel like I'm sandbagging on a rec-ball field, but I recently joined my college team and feel quite outclassed. I'll work my way up to the 7-8 bracket... Right now about a 6?

mr doo doo
11-14-2007, 05:42 PM
3-4... i just suck at everything :cry:. nothing more to say

dixieoutfitter94
11-14-2007, 05:52 PM
not long ago, I was the first one out in every game :( but lastt week end I did pretty good so on a good day id say like a 4-5 maybe, ask maniacmechanic or NU_METAL. I have never had a chance to watch my self play :p

Crazy
11-14-2007, 06:03 PM
I voted 7-8... possibly 9

My team won 2 d2 psp events this season, and finished 3rd in the series.

bryceeden
11-14-2007, 06:06 PM
I would say overall I'm about a 7.5 if you average out speedball and woodsball and pumpball.

BigEvil
11-14-2007, 06:09 PM
There should be a higher ranking for me. :D

____ PAINTBALL ICON

LOL

j/k

robnix
11-14-2007, 06:26 PM
Id love to see what AO thinks of themselves. Rate your woodsball/speedball skill level (1-10). Be honest because you will only be fooling yourself when we hit the fields!

(You can just vote on the poll if you are self conscious about sucking. Votes are not publicly veiwable :p )

In the good ol' days when I could play every weekend, I figure I hovered at about a 7. Probably closer to a 5 these days though :rolleyes: More knowledge, but less skill. (I must be getting old.)

5-7 or so for me, better or worse depending on the day, my mood, and how much concentration I put forth. Some days I'm a paint slinging machine, others, I can barely get off the start without putting my face in someone line of fire.

maniacmechanic
11-14-2007, 06:35 PM
I dont take it too seriously out there anymore. I just really like camping, getting together with friends...... and shooting them. :shooting:

This is what it's about for me , I quit counting kills long ago & it takes something truely spectacular on the field to happen for me to remember it (CRS Syndrome)
It's about friendships & having fun
as far as my rating myself I'll say 7/8 in the woods depending on who's beside me
& a 0 for speedball as i've never played

maniacmechanic
11-14-2007, 06:38 PM
not long ago, I was the first one out in every game :( but lastt week end I did pretty good so on a good day id say like a 4-5 maybe, ask maniacmechanic or NU_METAL. I have never had a chance to watch my self play :p

maybe a 5/6 , at least you listen & try to do what your told & you shoot much better since you got a real marker , now just get a set up you like & stick with it

Warwitch
11-14-2007, 06:39 PM
There should be a higher ranking for me. :D

____ PAINTBALL MAGOO

LOL

j/k

fixed :cheers:

FOG
11-14-2007, 06:43 PM
Ditto what Maniac said for me.

ON the rec ball feild i kickbootay, but ive nevr rrealy played against teams except for yrssssss ago, plus i am a FOG, so i,ll shave a coupla points, to a 6 in the woods an O speedball, nvr played it either.

buzzboy
11-14-2007, 06:59 PM
If I had the money to play more I would be better. Back when I played for cheap I was a beast in the woods. Now I have the money to play like 2 games of speedball during which I pwn. If only I had the money to play speedball more. At least there's always pump.

Toll
11-14-2007, 08:06 PM
I fail pretty hard because I tend to walk around in easy mode. I don't run, I don't play hard. I laugh alot.

More often than not I go do something that amuses me more than is tactically effective (such as pretending I'm urinating while people move by me, swiftly, and then shoot them) and are generally just fun rather than attempting to win at recball.

Sumthinwicked
11-14-2007, 08:09 PM
14 years playing..........

NU_METAL
11-14-2007, 08:21 PM
This is what it's about for me , I quit counting kills long ago & it takes something truely spectacular on the field to happen for me to remember it (CRS Syndrome)
It's about friendships & having fun
as far as my rating myself I'll say 7/8 in the woods depending on who's beside me
& a 0 for speedball as i've never played
completely agree w/you maniac and as for this ~~~Originally Posted by BigEvil
There should be a higher ranking for me.

____ PAINTBALL MAGOO

LOL

j/k

fixed
thats just too funny Witch :rofl:

punkncat
11-14-2007, 10:22 PM
I think of myself as an Accomplished Amateur, but when I get back I suppose I will be Noob/AMPUTEE......lol

turbo chicken
11-14-2007, 10:29 PM
hmmm ... average joe that sometimes has "PB Assasin" moments

dixieoutfitter94
11-14-2007, 10:31 PM
hmmm ... average joe that sometimes has "PB Assasin" moments
YES! I found my ranking! :dance:

Warwitch
11-14-2007, 10:42 PM
I think of myself as an Accomplished Amateur, but when I get back I suppose I will be Noob/AMPUTEE......lol

Damn dude. I am so sorry :( That was not even close to what I was implying. In retrospect that wasnt very PC.

Can I get a mod to change that to read "Newbs and Narcoleptics :sleeping: " no, that wont work either.

How about "Newbs and 3 Toed Sloths"? Think PETA would care?

68magOwner
11-14-2007, 10:53 PM
I have been playing for about 9 years now, and will be playing semi pro nppl next season if everything goes according to plan. I ranked myself acomplished amateur.

punkncat
11-14-2007, 11:34 PM
Damn dude. I am so sorry :( That was not even close to what I was implying. In retrospect that wasnt very PC.

Can I get a mod to change that to read "Newbs and Narcoleptics :sleeping: " no, that wont work either.

How about "Newbs and 3 Toed Sloths"? Think PETA would care?

Dude, don't worry about it...I am not. Its not like its terribly untrue or anything. I can see the humor.
:dance:

BAZOOKA_Boy
11-15-2007, 04:31 AM
I would give myself a solid 7, when playing indoor speedball (or even outdoor too) I am more a good 8, after all I usually sub in for the local pros that don't show to practice on random weekends...and I own those ND's...or get more kills than eliminations (Naughty Dogs for those that don't know)

but put me in the woods against SPPL players, I fell kinda lost...so a 6, because I am competent, and still break about even on kills/eliminations, but its not my forte...speedball frontman is what I do best! :D

pyrodragon
11-15-2007, 05:23 AM
solid 7 here. more of a support man in both speed and woods. been known to play even better when outnumber. 2 on 1 and 3 on 1 bring it, love to play in a rock and a hard place. better watch out. never corner a badger attitude.

Warwitch
11-15-2007, 07:38 AM
solid 7 here. more of a support man in both speed and woods. been known to play even better when outnumber. 2 on 1 and 3 on 1 bring it, love to play in a rock and a hard place. better watch out. never corner a badger attitude.

Amen. Id rather get a fresh coat of paint then call myself out unnecessarily :argh:

Anjin3515
11-15-2007, 08:28 AM
I have this magical,mythical, almost supernatural ability to attract large amounts of paintballs to me.......come play with me I am an easy target :)

Zone Drifter
11-15-2007, 09:03 AM
When the time calls for it, i can play aggressive, but most of the time i try to play smarter, and you don't have time for that in speed ball, so I could totally use more experience there. Average for me.

blake20
11-15-2007, 12:15 PM
For being a slow, fat, blind, crazey old guy whose pretty new to playing, I do pretty well. Some where in the middle. Woodsball and rec ball in caves mostly. Been on speedball course, it's sure hard on the wallet & Ma ma doesn't like that at all, plus I don't like to get hit with 32 bps in the groin :wow:

Dark Side
11-15-2007, 12:19 PM
On a scale of 1 to 10, I'm an Awesome. :ninja:

warbeak2099
11-15-2007, 01:06 PM
Novice or Rookie isn't up there so I can't really vote. I wouldn't say I'm amateur level, but I can play competitively in a novice tourny. This is the scale I'm using btw, and I believe it's the generally accepted scale for tournys:

Beginner/Newbie
Rookie
Novice
Amateur
Pro

Warwitch
11-15-2007, 03:06 PM
Woodsball and rec ball in caves mostly.

Caveball?!! :eek:

Now thats a first!

blake20
11-15-2007, 03:50 PM

Now thats a first!

It's pretty cool. We play in the underground mined out caves. 65 degree's year round!!!

Chaos_Theory!
11-15-2007, 05:30 PM
That would be cool as hell. lol

CoolHand
11-15-2007, 06:13 PM
My skills put me up there in "Paintball Jesus" territory, but when you add in the "Fat Guy Modifier", I get ratcheted back to regular Joe. ;)

It's a good thing I rule as hard as I do, or I'd be totally screwed by the time all the math was done. :rofl:

Warwitch
11-15-2007, 10:09 PM
My skills put me up there in "Paintball Jesus" territory, but when you add in the "Fat Guy Modifier", I get ratcheted back to regular Joe. ;)

It's a good thing I rule as hard as I do, or I'd be totally screwed by the time all the math was done. :rofl:

Yeah, we didnt ask how good you are with a mill, we already know that :p

CoolHand
11-15-2007, 10:23 PM
Yeah, we didnt ask how good you are with a mill, we already know that :p

Well, I don't move real fast, but I still manage to shoot a skinny guy or two in the face every time I go out.

Nothing funnier than catching a skinny little dude in a bad spot, 'cause he though it would be a cinch to get the bulge on a tub like me. ;)

That said, even my super mojo will do me no good in a forest full of 4" dia trees. :wow: :rofl:

acropilot19
11-15-2007, 10:35 PM
I suck,
but I've got an 07 Ego w/ stiffi barrel, Kila detents, and Zick kit. So 7-8.
;)

pyrodragon
11-15-2007, 11:30 PM

Now thats a first!

then u have never heard of underground paintball in joplin, MO. ur ranking just went down a rank.

warbeak2099
11-16-2007, 12:42 AM
And you've obviously never heard of underwater paintballing off the coast of Djibouti. It's all the rage, I mean all the AGG kids are doing it. I myself prefer Moonball and Time Travel Speedball. Too bad my flux capacitor only takes 9.6vs. Now I've got to order some more online *scoff*

pyrodragon
11-16-2007, 01:03 AM
And you've obviously never heard of underwater paintballing off the coast of Djibouti. It's all the rage, I mean all the AGG kids are doing it. I myself prefer Moonball and Time Travel Speedball. Too bad my flux capacitor only takes 9.6vs. Now I've got to order some more online *scoff*
no serious there is a field called underground paintball. 15 acres are in caves. i'm far from AGG. i eat them up for lunch and then when i show them what i shoot them with i always get this look :confused:. z-grip will do that to them. :rofl:

CoolHand
11-16-2007, 01:10 AM
no serious there is a field called underground paintball. 15 acres are in caves.. . . . .

Not so much caves as an abandoned underground limestone mine. Still very cool, wish I was closer by, being a mining engineer and all, I dig all large holes in the ground. ;)

wetwrks
11-16-2007, 01:38 AM
Been playing 16 years (17 this dec.) including some pro and well known for eliminating a local SWAT team. Most feared (by my friends) when I pull out the 68 Special pump gun.

Dark Side
11-16-2007, 06:49 AM

You should patent that before SP does.

pyrodragon
11-16-2007, 07:28 AM
You should patent that before SP does.

if that's the case then doc needs to patent it since he makes reference of it in the whiteboards. lol :rofl:

blake20
11-16-2007, 02:19 PM
Not so much caves as an abandoned underground limestone mine. Still very cool, wish I was closer by, being a mining engineer and all, I dig all large holes in the ground. ;)

Come on up to KC You can play paintball in the caves, or go to the underground part of the city. There are business underground. The philatelic center for the US is all under ground Here.(Philatelic means stamp) The underground paintball is Jaegers, pretty cool place, alot of the Ref's there did the NPPL Event that was here. Walls are just rock pillars and sand floor. They also have barrel bunkers set up.