PDA

View Full Version : If you have an Autococker READ

Griffin
01-13-2002, 09:44 AM
Hi, sorry to draw you in like that. I was thinking of either buying a mag or an autococker (don't try and convince me either way) and I was wondering for those of you that have it, how do you like it? I would probably go with the $360 one, not the really expensive ones. I heard it does run on co2 but some people use n2...Which do you use and which is better. CO2 would be much easier for me because my friend has a scuba tank we all fill up for free at. Well, let me know thanks!

-Griffin

x86assembly
01-13-2002, 10:22 AM
you can run both mags and cockers off CO2 if properly setup. I wouldn't base your opinions on peoples reaction to a particular marker. the best thing for you to do, is go to your local field - and ask players to try their mag/cocker out cause your interested in getting one. that way you'll be able to try both out before you buy them.

mountaindud
01-13-2002, 11:24 AM
I had an autococker but i sold it and got a mag it runs very poorly off CO2 (this was the previous summer when i used it). It takes 10 minutes to adjust the velocity, which is annoying since they send you the gun set at 400FPS. They perform about the same though if you can get a cocker to work.

OhMyAMoose
01-13-2002, 11:39 AM
To be honest, both are great guns. Both have their strong and weak points. You will just have to see what gun suites your needs the best. I had a mag and I loved it. It always worked nice. I had nirto so I could not tell you how it worked on co2. My friend has a stock cocker and it also works well. I have not used it but he seems to like it. But he knows nothing about them and when something goes wrong he will have no idea how to fix it. If you like to tinker and add all sorts of funny gizmos on your gun you might want a cocker. If you want a good all around gun that you can still upgrade and make better get a mag. But I would try out both guns andd see what you like.

ThePatriot
01-13-2002, 11:42 AM
my gun chronoed at 170 FPS with nitro...my brother's did to, then when his nitro ran out, and he chronoed co2, he was shooting like 400 fps....co2(from my observations) has a tendancy to spike velocity

Sledgehammer
01-13-2002, 12:54 PM
Your friend's got a scuba tank that's why you want CO2?
Is it just me, or doesn't that make any sense???
Scuba tanks hold HPA not CO2... :rolleyes:

Army
01-13-2002, 12:55 PM
'Mags can run just fine on Co2, I only use nitro when I run out of juice! With a remote and expando, chances are slim you'll get liquid in the gun.

Patriot, you chronoed at 170, then switched to Co2 and got 400? Were you running out of nitro and have your velo-nut cranked in? Did you simply screw in a Co2 bottle into the ASA and shoot? That would have poured in liquid resulting in the spike. Do not judge the 'Mag with only your one incident, a little common sense would have told you, you must adjust the gun between different gases.

Here's Big Red before she was red, rigged up for Co2:

ThePatriot
01-13-2002, 01:32 PM
NO nono...u see, it was 170 out of box, i adjusted to 290(about) and so did my brother, then when he ran outta nitro his spikes the whole day...my post was in response to mountaindud who said it shot really high out of the box. I was simplying showing him co2 has a tendancy(from what i have seen) to spike velocities and requires adjustment

mountaindud
01-13-2002, 04:04 PM
Army for the love of god what went wrong with that gun?

Aliens-8-MyDad
01-13-2002, 04:24 PM
didnt that thing fall in a bucket of red paint...? did u clean it off or what it isnt all red anymore

InfinatyBPS
01-13-2002, 04:44 PM
I have a cocker and it works pretty good on co2. No probs here with my Gen X reg. Cockers are overall great guns, just if you mess around with them, plan on messing around with them alot more to fix it Along with relizing this i relized im not realy a cocker person, thats why i wonna trade for a micro RT.

pntbawlrmz
01-13-2002, 06:54 PM
Both are great guns. They each have their own pros and cons to them. Both can be short-stroked easily when you first get them so don't base your opinion on the first day of using them, or when you are shooting someone elses gun to try it out. Mags are good guns, great customer service, throw them in the dirt, pick it up and use it. Cockers are a bit more finicky. You should research them on the net, look at other peoples probs so if it happens to you, then you know how to fix it. Cockers are great guns. If something goes wrong there is bound to be someone on the field with you that could help you fix it. They have better accuracy and range. hahahaha Just kidding around guys. Say that seriously and you'll get into a huge argument. Both are good guns, it just depends what you like more. With a cocker you can just keep adding and customizing it. You could end up keeping it for years and in the end it will look nothing like what you bought, they are very upgradable.