PDA

View Full Version : Just orderedmy DW Fibur

Hoop71
11-14-2007, 05:48 PM
Just ordered it...Deadlywind Fibur 14" Barrel.

Thanks to all who recommend this barrel and I can't wait to get it.

Has everything I am looking for:
Looks
Lightness
Accuracy/Silence...ordered to freak inserts as well

Hopefully shouldn't be too long before it arrives...Colin said they expect more in stock in a couple of days

Will let you know my opinion when I get it!

Cheers,
Dan

PS-Stupid question but I can use a swab/squeegie with this barrel...right?

cyrus-the-virus
11-14-2007, 05:54 PM
congratz? Your not the first person in the world to order a barrel... nor the most important.... didn't realize ordering eqipment mandated a new thread.....

Taken from the DW website(which is also as far as I know the only place to order these)

The Deadlywind Fibur carbon fiber barrels are ultra-lightweight, accurate, and quiet. They are compatible with the Freak(tm) replaceable inserts, so one barrel and a few inserts will do the job of multiple barrels.

Weighing in at an average 46grams (59 grams with insert), the Fibur is 2x to 4x lighter than other replaceable insert barrels.

Unlike other carbon fiber barrels, the Fibur barrel is built with a unique 3 layer construction. 2x2 satin Twill external, uni-direction fibers laid up in a strong multi-vector pattern, and then a super slick "Silkfiber" inside that can be safely swabbed. CNC align-bored segment for the insert area, CNC-ported with 3 spiraling rows of ports, and then hand-assembled and quality checked-- You can't get any more accurate.

Enjoy the barrel

FOG
11-14-2007, 08:00 PM
Im thinkin of going DW too, ive heard alotta good stuff about them. Give us a review !

Ruler_Mark
11-14-2007, 09:13 PM
I have been using aDW fibur for nearly a year now. have yet to see anything that compares.

maniacmechanic
11-14-2007, 09:31 PM
DW's are great barrels ( IMHO ) , I sold mine due to the fact i'm ***** ***** free

MoeMag
11-14-2007, 09:34 PM
Had mine for at least 2 years (I think... at least a year and a half). Enjoy!

acropilot19
11-14-2007, 10:17 PM
I've got a 14" Stiffi (Barrel, not a chub) and love it. Only bad part is cant use a swab. Super light and just as accurate as any other. Rip on!
:shooting:

SuiCide6
11-16-2007, 03:10 PM
with all the good words i think ill have to get myself one for X-Mas ;)

one_quick_ta
11-16-2007, 06:44 PM
i have the fibur, got it in a 16 definately could have gotten away with a 14 but i always shot a 16... doesnt matter eitherway very accurate and it really is quiet! the freak insert part is the best in my opinion

flyingpootang
11-16-2007, 07:44 PM
I had one for 2 weeks and it is far superior to the stiffi barrel. It makes all of my aluminum barrel kits obsolete in weight, looks, quietness, and ability to shoot clean/straight after 2-4 shoots...

robnix
11-16-2007, 08:38 PM
I had one for 2 weeks and it is far superior to the stiffi barrel. It makes all of my aluminum barrel kits obsolete in weight, looks, quietness, and ability to shoot clean/straight after 2-4 shoots...

Don't forget that grin inducing *thoomp* that it makes when you fire!