PDA

View Full Version : Vertical feed? What's it do for you?

Gunga
01-13-2002, 10:34 AM
I'm curious as to what my fellow AOers think about vertical feed. What exactly does vertical feed do for you? As in what advantages does it gives you over powerfeed? Or is it just another paintball fad?

One think I know about vertical feed. It makes your paintball gun taller. :D

irbodden
01-13-2002, 12:00 PM
Its a fad. A year or so ago when I saw them more often, I asked a field owner why they were better than powerfeed. He told me it made the gun more "compact", yet in truth its the opposite.

damageinc54
01-13-2002, 12:02 PM
Verticle feed is awesome. You do not need an elbow with a verticle feed. I have gone through so many "unbreakable" elbow it is insane! It makes your gun slightly taller, but think about this. Don't you have your head right behind your gun? If they shoot that close to you and hit the very top of your hopper, chances are you probably would have been hit on the top of you mask if the hopper was not there. The balance of the gun is much better with a full hopper of paint. You can come out of either side of your bunker without the hopper sticking way out. I have a centerfeed EMag and I love it.

Load SM5
01-13-2002, 12:18 PM
To me it balances out your gun a little better and allows you lean out both sides of your bunker with minimal hopper exposure It's all presonal preference. They both feed fine with a good motorized hopper.

Aliens-8-MyDad
01-13-2002, 04:49 PM
I still dont understand why they make them soo dang tall that just anoys me also do they make vertical feed barrels for mags?

Load SM5
01-13-2002, 05:00 PM
A few companies do make vertical feed barrels for mags, Smart Parts, BOA, J&J to name a few.

MajorDamage
01-13-2002, 05:01 PM
Makes you be able to shoot at weird angles and stuff...not really for me though(I use a warpfeed :D)

ENDO!

Restola
01-13-2002, 05:14 PM
wow 2000 posts. gooooooooo majordamage

Hysperion
01-13-2002, 07:09 PM
Vertical feed is better then hopper left, right (in my opinion) but in reality you NEED a warp...

Load SM5
01-13-2002, 07:12 PM
or a HALO

Nitroduck
01-13-2002, 07:42 PM
Lets see.......

MUCH easier offhand shooting. With powerfeed, you have a nice line of sight for left or right....With VF you get both...BIG benefit for tourney players.

Removable feed tubes so you can get a feed tube that is long/short/beautiful .......It helps if you are a back player that can afford a long feed tube, or if you need a super small setup.