PDA

View Full Version : tac-one or minimag??

lidocaine
11-15-2007, 05:21 PM
Hello all!

I am about to purchase a minimag with lvl 10 and later on intelliframe and was wondering something.

Wouldnt it be a better deal to just get the tac-one over the minimag if im going to get the intelliframe and lvl 10?for 30 ish more dollars I get the X valve which is worth around $200?

Also comes compatible for cocker threaded barrels.Along with the gas through grip and cool looking sight rail.

Comments?
Suggestions?

Thanks, and great forum!

11-15-2007, 05:46 PM
It depends on whether you are looking for the RT effect, and what you are using for air, CO2 or HPA
if your using CO2 your gonna want to get the minimag (CO2 bad for Xvalve)

going_home
11-15-2007, 06:17 PM
Get the Tac One.
Its much cheaper to go whole hog and get the best right off the bat than it is to buy parts and upgrade a little at a time.
Parts are more expensive than buying a whole fully upgraded marker.

lidocaine
11-15-2007, 06:20 PM
The RT effect?

It works out like this

tac-one
$470
comes with lvl 10($85),X-valve($200 ish),Intelliframe($100 ish),foregrip and picatinny sight rail($35ish)

Mini mag
$260
would need intelliframe and lvl 10, which takes it to approximately $445, for 25 more I get an xvalve,foregrip and sight rail? seems like a deal to me?

Im going to be purchasing a crossfire 45/45 high pressure tank.I dont mind filling the tank often, I just want the light/compactness---(for lack of a better word)

punkrex
11-15-2007, 06:22 PM
you can pick up mini's used for about half that price. buying new is nice and all but if your looking to save a few bucks, look around for used parts at first. The tac is no doubt a nicer marker but it is a large initial investment.

olinar
11-15-2007, 06:24 PM
if you don't mind spending the money i would spring for the tac one. its is very versatile and looks just awesome.

there really is not better performer that is mech than any of the AGD line up.

Skiddz
11-15-2007, 09:58 PM
if your aren't gonna use the rails or won't be using hpa, i would get the mini mag.

TnDeathInc
11-15-2007, 10:03 PM
tac for overall look

mimimag for oldskool look

jade_monkey07
11-16-2007, 07:42 AM
tac one

11-17-2007, 12:23 PM
If your getting a HPA tank, then go for the Tac one, if you buy an adjustable output HPA tank that would really get the tac one to scream

maddboy32
11-17-2007, 12:29 PM
huummmm.......tac-one.

i have both, and both are set up like your looking for.

i like my tac-one better.

Stayhuge
11-17-2007, 01:24 PM
I would suggest looking at Tuna Mart (http://www.tunamart.com). Email him. For a new Tac One he will send it to you perfectly tuned, just describe what you want, and I also think his prices will be either equal or possibly less than AGD. You will have to wait a little though. Personally I went straight to AGD and ordered a ULE Custom. Got it a week later and it was tuned pretty well. So, I can't really complain. I would definately go with the Tac One if you are going to buy everything new, and are planning on using Compressed air anyway. Also, if you are already planning on addig those things to the Minimag, just go with the Tac One. You will be much happier, and probably spend less in the long run. BTW a 45/4500 will get around 600-700 shots. I use one with my ULE Custom and I average around 600ish. Good Luck!!!

lidocaine
11-17-2007, 02:07 PM
I would suggest looking at Tuna Mart (http://www.tunamart.com). Email him. For a new Tac One he will send it to you perfectly tuned, just describe what you want, and I also think his prices will be either equal or possibly less than AGD. You will have to wait a little though. Personally I went straight to AGD and ordered a ULE Custom. Got it a week later and it was tuned pretty well. So, I can't really complain. I would definately go with the Tac One if you are going to buy everything new, and are planning on using Compressed air anyway. Also, if you are already planning on addig those things to the Minimag, just go with the Tac One. You will be much happier, and probably spend less in the long run. BTW a 45/4500 will get around 600-700 shots. I use one with my ULE Custom and I average around 600ish. Good Luck!!!

Thanks alot, the tac doesnt take twist locks does it?

Coralis
11-17-2007, 02:15 PM
nope tac one takes cocker barrels

Stayhuge
11-17-2007, 02:53 PM
nope tac one takes cocker barrels
Yep, and if you are looking for an awesome barrel, try the DW Fibur. I bought one. Simply amazing. A little pricey, but well worth it. Deadly Wind (http://store.deadlywind.com/product/a52da757-bb49-4c95-891b-4e1953742e12.aspx) They also have a less expensive version, but it doesn't take Freak inserts, it's just a regular bore. I guess it depends on what you are looking for. Definately great products though.

lidocaine
11-17-2007, 05:09 PM
What is the main advantage of an Xvalve?What does it help and how does it work?
Is there quite a bit of comfort/performance difference between an intelliframe and a stock single trigger setup(minimag)?
Is there a large performance difference between a tac one and a minimag with a lvl10?

Thanks

olinar
11-17-2007, 05:34 PM
here are the main differences between valves

Xvalve
made of aluminum
has a lighter trigger pull than a classic valve
can accept a ult trigger
comes in different colors
has the reactive trigger aspect
only works with hpa

classic valve
can use both co2 and hpa
made of stainless steel
has a heavier pull that can be lightened with rt on/off
Ult is hit or miss with these, newer ones are said to work with a ult but some dont

So if your not much of a rapid shooter, dont mind the extra weight and dont care about the color of it get a classic valve. your wallet will thank you

lidocaine
11-17-2007, 06:05 PM
Whats the "RT aspect"?

Looking at my prices it's only 25 ish more dollars for the tac one ( x valve) over a minimag with lvl 10 and intelli.You said "my wallet will thank me" going with the classic valve.How is this so?Are parts very expensivce for the xvalve or something??

How much is an r/t on off and what does it do? where does it go.