PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Notice how Rare Ebay mags are getting?

insixdays777
11-15-2007, 09:36 PM
Ebay Automag search produces less pages of items every month. 6 months or a years ago there would always be 3,4,5 pages of "automag" stuff....now there is always only 1 page...its been like thi sfor the last couple months.... What gives?

TnDeathInc
11-15-2007, 10:04 PM
They are finding good homes?

Warwitch
11-15-2007, 10:07 PM
Yeah, I have definitely noticed a rapid decline over the last 6 or 8 weeks.

warbeak2099
11-15-2007, 10:11 PM
Good, people are buying them. Less used mags being sold means more new mags can be sold.

mr doo doo
11-15-2007, 10:11 PM
yea same here. sometimes it would be 2 pages of stuff, which is cool, but it filters in the automag pistol too :shooting:

wetwrks
11-15-2007, 11:38 PM
May have to do with winter/holidays comming on. People thinking less about paintball. Dunno. I have noticed it too.

pyrodragon
11-15-2007, 11:41 PM
it's the winter months. it's a cycle that the sport goes through. winter months you see paintball sales on ebay decline because everyone is packing up till spring time. watch come spring time there will be more paintball stuff out then you will know what to do.

[NA]WARLORD
11-16-2007, 06:32 AM
but it filters in the automag pistol too :shooting:

How is that possible since they don't allow firearms to be sold on ebay ?

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/firearms-weapons-knives.html

pyrodragon
11-16-2007, 07:26 AM
WARLORD']How is that possible since they don't allow firearms to be sold on ebay ?

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/firearms-weapons-knives.html

because it's parts for the automag pistols. that;s the reason why.

Warwitch
11-16-2007, 11:13 AM
it's the winter months. it's a cycle that the sport goes through. winter months you see paintball sales on ebay decline because everyone is packing up till spring time. watch come spring time there will be more paintball stuff out then you will know what to do.

Which makes no sense if you think about it. Why pack something up for the winter just to unpack/sell it later? I would think a lot of younger players need that $$ for Christmas but apparantly not.

[NA]WARLORD
11-16-2007, 12:53 PM
because it's parts for the automag pistols. that;s the reason why.

The non AGD Automag offered was literature, not parts. Taken from the description:

This is a rare one. The Silhouette. Journal of the International Handgun Metallic Silhouette Association. Volume 1 Number 1. April 1977. This is a old and fragle piece of history. No tape no major tears. 16 pages. Has on the great ones. Check out this "Advisory Committe" listed on page 5. Ray Chapman, Elgin Gates, Dean Grennell, Lee Jurras, George Nonte, Hal Swiggett, Bob Zwirz. Man don't let this one get away. This is the first and only "The Silhouette" I have seen.

Parts are also prohibited by Ebay, per their own policy:

Assault weapon-related parts or accessories. This prohibition applies to all parts and accessories related to any firearm defined as an "assault weapon" by federal or California law. For more details on assault weapons, please visit

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/awlist.htm and
http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/awguide/awguide.php.

Firearm receivers or frames, whether complete receivers and frames, components and parts of receivers and frames, or "cut" or "80%" receivers.

Parts or accessories prohibited for sale by federal or California law, including items related to short-barreled shotguns or short-barreled rifles, fully automatic weapons, large-capacity magazines, multi-burst trigger activators and camouflaging firearm containers.

Any of the following items, including those that are required for a gun to fire: silencers, converters (items that can be used to give a firearm automatic capability), kits that can be used to create a firearm, barrels, slides, cylinders, magazines, firing pins, choke tubes, trigger assemblies, potato guns and cannons, flares, flare launchers, flare guns, flare gun receivers, short barrels and any illegal firearm-related items.

Which makes no sense if you think about it. Why pack something up for the winter just to unpack/sell it later? I would think a lot of younger players need that $$ for Christmas but apparantly not.

I agree, as well as some of them would be selling their old gear in hopes of getting new gear from mom and da..., err Santa Claus :rolleyes:

zipity_Bop
11-16-2007, 12:57 PM
all the smart selelrs are waiting till the kiddies get the money for christmas......... you can make bank then.........

garbage_anus
11-16-2007, 02:12 PM
Christmas time is coming, and not a lot of stuff is acually being sold. We basically had the same thread on MCB. People aren't really interested in buying stuff at this time of the year because of the 2 holidays coming up, and for a lot of us, it's the furthest time a year from getting out to play some ball.

jenarelJAM
11-16-2007, 05:16 PM
It's interesting reading about how winter is paintball's slow month. For me, it's quite the opposite. I play paintball during the school year and right now I am just getting back into it for the year. I'll be practicing all winter, probably every weekend it isn't raining. During the summer, I've got to work, and it's also too hot to play comfortably.

California FTW :headbang: