PDA

View Full Version : Help with Ion

Avale187
11-16-2007, 10:11 PM
Alright so I just got an ION from pbnation for 100 bucks. I gas it up, put some paint through it. Shoots just dandy. Two problems.....

#1 Air is leaking out of the front of the bolt, I took it apart, I don't see any busted O-rings. Lubed it up, put it back together still leaking...ideas?

#2 It came with a CP rake trigger, if I pull it back all the way it kinda sticks, looks like it moves the board back. Ideas?

Lomarandil
11-16-2007, 10:21 PM
Well, for #2, I'd imagine that there is either a set screw or a tapped hole for one in the trigger itself, by adjusting that (or, for that matter, the ION's trigger adjustment screw), you should be able to stop it sooner, just after it activates the microswitch.

Hope that helps
Lo

afortuna
11-16-2007, 10:22 PM
1. Go talk with Fumanchu at www.ionowners.com
2. The rake trigger neegs to be trimmed. Could depend on what frame you have.
3. Go talk with Fumanchu.
4. Buy a mag for that price next time:)

dixieoutfitter94
11-16-2007, 11:05 PM
well its probly realy leaking from one of the banjo joints. The trigger is probly like pushed to one side or something

Chaos_Theory!
11-16-2007, 11:48 PM
Check these orings, im nearly positive one of them is the problem if it is leaking from the front of the bolt down the barrel. As for the CP trigger, check the trigger pin screw thing and the set screws.

http://www.zdspb.com/media/ion/trouble/boltleak.JPG

punkncat
11-16-2007, 11:54 PM
Can't help with the leak, unless taking a hammer to it helps. :tard:

One of my friends has had two of the CP triggers do the exact same thing. He thought the first was bad, took it to the shop and had them install the second to do it as well.

Chaos_Theory!
11-16-2007, 11:57 PM
CP triggers for the ion have an all around terrible design. I reccomend people avoid them if they can. The trigger pin screw is usually the source of most of their probs. If you make it to tight the trigger sticks bad and if its to lose itll fall out and or make the pull all crappy.

MoeMag
11-17-2007, 12:07 AM
I have fixed hundreds of Ions.

If you have a leak down the bolt... double check the o-rings. a nick, a cut, or even a flat spot. Also make sure everywhere the o-rings sit inside the front breach is clean too. LUBE! Dow 33 or 55. On rare chance I have had a few ions with bent (for lack of a better word) front breachs that can not be fixed. Easy... get a new one. New designz (sp?) has a really cool one with AC threads for somewhere ~$50

As for the trigger... CP bearing triggers are easy to mess up. the spacer blocks for the bearing that sit on either side of the bearing. These spacers are tapered on one side, and flat on the other. Often when CP triggers do what you say someone had installed them not knowing about the tapered sides. The flats go on the trigger frame, and the tapered sides ride on the bearing. also if they are installed wrong... usually the screw comes loose easily too.

OH! also there are two types of CP triggers... the magnetic ones and the newer spring ones. Both of them are easily messed up if someone jacks the trigger adjust screw in the frame around too much. The magnetic one... well I havent seen a magnetic one in a long time and really dont remember how they worked. crap. but the spring ones, the spring can get stuck funny on the screw. Just take the screw out.

Hope it helps.

madcrisis
11-17-2007, 07:53 PM
i love my new designs w/ autococker threads, now i can use all my barrels in all my guns:) i reccomend it even iff u dont need it just to have the autococker threads.

trevorjk
11-17-2007, 09:52 PM
fixed it guys!

the outside O-ring on the Bolt Stop had a very small flat spot and was frayed a bit. put a new one on and the leaking stopped.

also the trigger... seamed to me the previous owner lost the back trigger stop and forced a new one in there effectively stripping out the allen key hole and possibly the threads on the trigger. so i hooked him up with a new designs double trigger (with 3 adjustments and ball bearing)

now he has a $125 ion with qlock, new designs trigger that rolls :cool: