PDA

View Full Version : Orange Bolt???

tech-chan
11-17-2007, 08:47 PM
Anyone know how the orange bolt is in a Mini? What are the advantages and the disavanteges? Thanks in advance.

tech-chan
11-18-2007, 07:48 PM
OH MY GAH! I actually had to go find the sales pitch and read it. lol here it is for those who don't know:
50% lighter than the stock bolt
Less kick
Less friction and attrition on the spring
Venturi air passage causes better airflow and a precise shot pattern
Foamy bumper treats paintballs gently
Less ups and downs in fps

Does everyone agree with this?

RA1N1ER
11-18-2007, 07:51 PM
i heard about the orange bolt but haven't tried them yet....
I was waiting on your reviews/info from this thread.

Also, I heard that it will eat up less air...... that's what i heard so far.

tech-chan
11-18-2007, 07:56 PM
Maybe they need to make a lvl ten bolt then...

:ninja:

Nobody kill me please.

Mind'sEye
11-18-2007, 08:09 PM
I was given an orange bolt as a comp for a screw up by a vendor. The bolt did not work with the stock o-rings, so I installed the thicker ones that were supplied with the bolt. This made the bolt slide very tight on the guide and I had to significantly raise the velocity air pressure. Maybe after a break in period the Orange bolt will glide more smoothly, but the tolerance on the stock bolt seems so perfect to me that I've gone back to it and won't be buying any aftermarket bolts unless somebody comes up with a new poppet/guide/bolt combo system that really works to an advantage all the way around.

fullofpaint
11-19-2007, 01:50 AM
orange bolts generally need different o-rings in my experience, my matrixes ha the same problem with them.

Army
11-19-2007, 02:16 AM
OH MY GAH! I actually had to go find the sales pitch and read it. lol here it is for those who don't know:
50% lighter than the stock bolt
Less kick
Less friction and attrition on the spring
Venturi air passage causes better airflow and a precise shot pattern
Foamy bumper treats paintballs gently
Less ups and downs in fps

Does everyone agree with this?
Venturi never did anything in paintball bolts. Old school hype that the kiddies still eat up.

Foamies mean nothing. I'm sure everyone can agree that 'Mag bolts are pretty violent on paint, yet most of us run our guns with no foamy at all.

The bolt has nothing to do with velocity. The valving controls all that.

RRfireblade
11-19-2007, 02:34 AM
Generally :

1) They look cool.

2) They are lighter , of course.

3) They almost always require custom fit o-rings for proper function.

4) Everything else depends on how well you handle #3)

;)

If you spend enough time tuning the fit and getting it just right , they usually run at lower pressure with a tad less recoil. If you don't , then all that goes the other way.

That's about it.