PDA

View Full Version : any ideas on how to get the reg off my tank???

dixieoutfitter94
11-18-2007, 05:12 PM
well, I bought a reg that was leaking and the guy told me it was but I got it for cheap so I thought I would fix it. I took it apart and there wasnt any blown o-rings so I raped (is that how you spell it?) teh gauge and fill nipple with plumbers tape. It wasnt leaking so we filled it all teh way up and then I screwed it into my asa and nothing happened. NU_METAL suggested that maybe air america has a special asa for it in order to push teh pin down. When itried oushing the pin down with a screw driver (or somethin, I dont remember :tard: ) the pin went all teh way down with no air comeing from it. So now im stuck with a tank filled to 2000 psi and I cant get any of teh air out. I tried hitting the fill nipple pin inside of the fill nipple, but there wasnt one in there it filled up fine so im pulling a :confused: . I cant get the air out of my tank! :cuss: If anybody has an Idea that doesnt involve a hammer or taking it apart while its filled let me know.

olinar
11-18-2007, 05:48 PM
you can carefully unscrew a gauge and/or fill nipple. but be very careful the thing doesnt go flying off and hitting you. otherwise i would take it to a proshop

Coralis
11-18-2007, 06:04 PM
Like Olinar says loosen the fill nipple or gauge until it leaks and drain the tank that way or take it to a airsmith

dixieoutfitter94
11-18-2007, 06:20 PM
alright, ill try it

Looper
11-18-2007, 08:17 PM
alright, ill try it

I would not stand in front of what ever item you decide to loosen up.

I wonder if we will ever hear how he made out?

dixieoutfitter94
11-18-2007, 09:05 PM
haha, ill make sure word gets out

Siress
11-18-2007, 09:20 PM
You raped the fill nipple... :spit_take

'Wrapped' is what I hope you meant. As in 'to wrap teflon tape around the threads.'

Judging from your level of experience with these things and the potential for causing injury with this project, I advise you to take it to a proshop and let them show you how to do it properly, hopefully.

dixieoutfitter94
11-18-2007, 09:34 PM
oh, thats how you spell it..... but hopefuly I wont get hurt but I dont have time to take it to a shop :shooting:

A-Tach-One
11-18-2007, 10:10 PM
Judging from your level of experience with these things and the potential for causing injury with this project, I advise you to take it to a proshop and let them show you how to do it properly, hopefully.
QFT.

dixieoutfitter94
11-18-2007, 10:10 PM
what does QFT mean????

A-Tach-One
11-18-2007, 10:16 PM
what does QFT mean????
Quoted For Truth
If this statement of yours is true vvvvvv Take your half full tank to the shop. We don't want to see a young AOer injured.

I know, im 13 years old (im suppose to say that before every post :rolleyes: )

PumpMag
11-18-2007, 10:28 PM
Please take it to a qualified airsmith or your local paintball store.

Luckily you haven't caused an accident yet.

We want all our AO members to be here playing paintball for a long long time.

Better to be safe than sorry.

dixieoutfitter94
11-18-2007, 10:42 PM
well, I got it empited. I just loosened it up and stuck it in my dirty laundry :headbang: . I backed it out enough to wear I could hear it leaking and waited on it.

tribalman
11-18-2007, 10:48 PM
Quoted For Truth
If this statement of yours is true vvvvvv Take your half full tank to the shop. We don't want to see a young AOer injured.

you are not a certified airsmith. TAKE IT IN! other than replacing the fill nipple if it gets dirt in or the O-ring that seals it when it's screwed into an ASA, i do not mess with the reg or tank. and seeing as how you added plumbers tape to the fill nipple and guage, there is a good chance you blocked the passage of the air. DO NOT HIT ANY OF IT WITH A HAMMER, EVER! you say there is 2k of air in it? take it in. don't have time to take it in? you will have lots of time when you end up in the hospital when something goes wrong, or someone else. with that last comment i am recalling the kid who purchased a CO2 tank with a self installed anti-syphon tube. ended up separating the reg and the tank and it very sadly killed a mom at the field with her son for a b-day party.

please do not take safety lightly or let it be lacking due to insufficent time.

dixieoutfitter94
11-18-2007, 10:52 PM
you are not a certified airsmith. TAKE IT IN! other than replacing the fill nipple if it gets dirt in or the O-ring that seals it when it's screwed into an ASA, i do not mess with the reg or tank. and seeing as how you added plumbers tape to the fill nipple and guage, there is a good chance you blocked the passage of the air. DO NOT HIT ANY OF IT WITH A HAMMER, EVER! you say there is 2k of air in it? take it in. don't have time to take it in? you will have lots of time when you end up in the hospital when something goes wrong, or someone else. with that last comment i am recalling the kid who purchased a CO2 tank with a self installed anti-syphon tube. ended up separating the reg and the tank and it very sadly killed a mom at the field with her son for a b-day party.

please do not take safety lightly or let it be lacking due to insufficent time.
all I had to do was loosen up the fill nipple a little..... And no I wasnt planning on hitting it with a hammer, hints "any idea that doesnt involve a hammer"

madcrisis
11-18-2007, 10:59 PM
wow i always thought qft meant quit :nono: trying. now all those qft's make so much more sense

dixieoutfitter94
11-18-2007, 11:11 PM
I had no idea what it meant

NoLifeLeft
11-18-2007, 11:16 PM
i though it was "quite f'ing true"

Me too. :confused:

Enemy
11-19-2007, 02:13 AM
i thought it was quit fing talking... anyways if you dont know how to spell wrapped and are not a certified airsmith then you should just take it to a shop.. seriously if you do one thing wrong you could end up killing someone!

Siress
11-19-2007, 02:34 AM
Am I the only one that laughs when ever someone uses the phrase "certified airsmith" in such a way that they are assuming it is synonymous with "person that always knows what he or she is doing with paintball equipment?" The majority of "certified airsmiths" that I've seen are professional packagers that ship the guns back to the manufacture. I remember several years ago when I had to go into the back room to check on the guy filling my tank because it had been so long. He was fumbling with the, albeit fairly new at the time, slide nipple cover. I'm sure he was certified...all the framed certificates said so. :tard: Beyond that, I could probably crucify 95% of the "certified airsmiths" when it comes to properly filling a CO2 tank. 3.5oz equates to 1 in what ever screwed up system the majority are using.

maniacmechanic
11-19-2007, 02:40 AM
bring it to me

ta2maki
11-19-2007, 02:55 AM
Am I the only one that laughs when ever someone uses the phrase "certified airsmith" in such a way that they are assuming it is synonymous with "person that always knows what he or she is doing with paintball equipment?" The majority of "certified airsmiths" that I've seen are professional packagers that ship the guns back to the manufacture. I remember several years ago when I had to go into the back room to check on the guy filling my tank because it had been so long. He was fumbling with the, albeit fairly new at the time, slide nipple cover. I'm sure he was certified...all the framed certificates said so. :tard: Beyond that, I could probably crucify 95% of the "certified airsmiths" when it comes to properly filling a CO2 tank. 3.5oz equates to 1 in what ever screwed up system the majority are using.

How do you get "certified" anyways? If I print out a nice certificate on my computer and have a notary public stamp it, would that suffice? :tard:

dixieoutfitter94
11-19-2007, 08:04 AM
i thought it was quit fing talking... anyways if you dont know how to spell wrapped and are not a certified airsmith then you should just take it to a shop.. seriously if you do one thing wrong you could end up killing someone!
a certified air smith might not know how to spell "wrapped". But anyway it doesnt matter if I did it in a dangerous way because itsdone now.

Looper
11-19-2007, 10:01 AM
How do you get "certified" anyways? If I print out a nice certificate on my computer and have a notary public stamp it, would that suffice? :tard:

Like most certifications, you go to school... http://www.paintball-pti.com/

dixieoutfitter94
11-19-2007, 10:46 AM
does anybody know if I need a special asa for my reg?

d4m4don3
11-19-2007, 11:07 AM
Wouldn't it just have been easier to pop the burst disk and let it degass that way?

11-19-2007, 01:02 PM
You shouldnt need a special asa for your tank. it would be the first non standard threaded screw in reg Ive ever heard of
sounds like the reg is in need a a full rebuild

Siress
11-19-2007, 01:02 PM
Do you have a 'burst disk: pop' command or are you suggesting that it would be better to over fill the tank to purposefully burst the disk? If you are suggesting that, it's a good idea if you have a suitable blast chamber with mechanisms to do the work. Otherwise, it's a horrible idea because it would increase the risk of personal injury and weaken the tank, even if only a small degree. The idea, and eventual method used, of loosening the burst disk is the best I've come to apply. It's very rare that the pin valve is closed from the loop so I haven't put a lot of though into it, really.

Please post pictures of this regulator, if you can.

senghing27
11-19-2007, 02:51 PM
Please for the love of god, take it to a paintball shop and have them deal with it...

I don't think we want someone on the 10 o clock news about how paintball is dangerous again...

tebo
11-19-2007, 03:55 PM
He already did it, read the thread...

dixieoutfitter94
11-19-2007, 05:02 PM
He already did it, read the thread...
thank you