PDA

View Full Version : question on masks

devildog
11-19-2007, 07:46 PM
Ok, so I am getting back into the ol pball, and the mask revolution is outragous. I have my old flex 7 from back in the day, but it is hurting. I love the mask and want the same one.

Is a proflex the new name for flex 7? is there a difference?

what is the hb flex or whatever?

any sites that still sell flex 7 ize? i searched but didnt come up with what i was looking for.

thanks guys!

jakeman7676
11-19-2007, 07:49 PM
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=0Uu4Wh3ZjD-4Qlqb4Dx48hd_2TrcAIc0fTg=?ProductID=1PGsFAY7AJcAAA D3NkalA_2t

Is that what your looking for?

mr doo doo
11-19-2007, 08:52 PM
the ize's are not sold nor made anymore, sorry :( , they were pretty cool masks back in the day. you can sometimes find them for sale in the b/s/t's of PbNation, eBay, or something, but i dont think new is an option. good luck!

devildog
11-19-2007, 10:47 PM
can someone tell me what the jt proflex is (i see this term on pbnation all the time)? also, they always talk about hb bottoms or whatever. what is that?

dixieoutfitter94
11-19-2007, 10:56 PM
I dont know but I would buy an event, they are realy comfortable and never fog and they come with 2 lenses and two visors

devildog
11-19-2007, 11:11 PM
thanks, doesnt answer my question though.

WillyB
11-19-2007, 11:35 PM
The JT Proflex is a Flex-7 with the addition of soft ears. HB bottoms prefers to the limited edition bottoms JT released at Huntington Beach last year. They had such colors as baby blue, white, lime green, pink, etc. They usually bring a premium to the price of the mask and are nothing more than a colored bottom.
I actually have a Graphite IZE that I cherish and will never sell (sorry). However, you can get the IZE frames at www.compulsivepaintball.com. I've found that the new Flexes aren't as flexy as the old ones. Must be that takeover by K2 that ruined the flexyness of the Flex.

phizz
11-19-2007, 11:40 PM
Okay I may be wrong but dont the JT's all pretty much still have the same lens? Spectre, flex's, proteus, etc. If you liked your flex 7 because of the vison you might just want to think about a cheaper mask.

On a side note I never did like the flex 8's my ears stick out from the sides of it.

devildog
11-19-2007, 11:47 PM
thanks willy, exactly what i was looking for.

i like the flex 7 because of the flexiness and comfort.

WillyB
11-19-2007, 11:47 PM
Yeah, pretty much all of them use the Spectra frame and lense.
Good point :cheers:

SR_matt
11-20-2007, 11:12 AM
flex 8 is pretty close, im not a fan of jts personaly bt it is a nice mask. it is stiffer than the 7s but not ridged

-matt

buzzboy
11-20-2007, 06:19 PM
I am more a fan of the comfort of a proflex. The flexi bottoms really are nice. I only wish they had better ear protection.

Right now though I am using a 4 year old Spectra Nforcer. Same lenses as the other JT's. I really like the lenses but it's close to the face.

Hexis
11-20-2007, 07:03 PM
I was a big JT fan for years. Had a series of Spectra based masks starting with the first ones.

Take a look at other stuff. I'm a very happy V-Force Profiler user now. As good visibility as the spectra and you can take the lens out in less than a week. Single lens, but as good of an anti-fog coating as the thermal lenses from JT (tho I suspect JT must have a good anti-fog coating as well).

SR_matt
11-20-2007, 07:06 PM
better than the profiler is the vents avatar, it is a little closer to a jt feel but has all the pluses of vforce and all the pluses of the jts. i used to use a profiler and now i wouldnt use it unless i absolutely had to compared to my ventz

-matt

devildog
11-20-2007, 09:20 PM
ill try a couple diff masks out from people at the field, but i dont see my self switching. im not big when it comes to change

devildog
11-20-2007, 09:21 PM
and i love flipping up the mouth guard on the flex 7, reminds me of the old school days ;)

Jaan
11-21-2007, 12:23 AM
My local paintball store has a purple Flex 7 IZE new in stock. It ended up in the back room and he forgot about it until recently. Google "PW Paintball" if you're interested.