PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Black Carrier Oring

xxkylexx
11-19-2007, 11:45 PM
Hey guys,
I took the powertube apart on my old classic mag today and notice that the black oring on the carrier is a bit worm and is "pealing" slightly. Can I just take one of the black orings off an unused carrier to replace that. Is there any difference between the black orings from carrier to carrier?

Thanks,
Kyle

Coralis
11-19-2007, 11:51 PM
They are all the same.

Spider-TW
11-20-2007, 10:25 AM
How long have you been using that oring and how much paint would you guess it has seen, Kyle?

I have seen that on a used mag, but I didn't know how it had been treated and the problem doesn't seem to come up very often on AO.

xxkylexx
11-20-2007, 10:27 AM
How long have you been using that oring and how much paint would you guess it has seen, Kyle?

I have seen that on a used mag, but I didn't know how it had been treated and the problem doesn't seem to come up very often on AO.

Been on my Mag ever since AGD created the level 10 bolt. The middle spring I use is one of those "cut off" ones that apparently the beta testers used (so I guess that was one of the originals?).

I have no way of estimated the amount of paint it's seen, lol. My gun has always been treated well and lubed. However, that is the first time I have opened up the powertube since I installed the thing.