PDA

View Full Version : Why so few Mags?

erac
01-13-2002, 04:24 PM
I attended my first tournament yesterday, the Pursuit Cup, in Columbus, Ohio. I noticed that there were very few Automags. There were alot of electro's but there were also a ton of Cockers, more than I would have thought. I bought my Mag so that I would have a gun that I can upgrade and maybe play 5-6 tourney's a year. I have not even played with my Mag yet and already I'm not sure if I bought the right gun. After seeing all the electro's and Cockers I'm thinking I may be out gunned. Can my Mag hang with those other guns, they seemed really fast(I have not shot my Mag yet). I have already added: Vertical adapter, ACI exp chamber, J&J 2 piece barrel, Shocktech drop forward, Dye 2x grip frame, Stickies and trigger. I have about 560.00 in my gun already, did I goof????

FooTemps
01-13-2002, 04:30 PM
You really goofed! do you even have nitro?

Aliens-8-MyDad
01-13-2002, 04:30 PM
sure u can hang with them just fine, but i would recomend a intelliframe with intellifeed if u have a fast finger. mags will start commin back to tourneys when more e-mags get out into the world

mountaindud
01-13-2002, 04:31 PM
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!! A Mag with Imtelliframe and ReTro Valve is all you need for fire power. If someone sprays ten shots in my general direction, and I carfully fire two shots into their face, does it matter if your rate of fire doubles mine?

FooTemps
01-13-2002, 04:33 PM
erac... Go return all that stuff if you haven't used it and buy an intelliframe, retro, and nitro for a nice setup for a mag...

Bonx0007
01-13-2002, 04:34 PM
Erac, the problem will be that you are out gunning them. Put that in your pipe and smoke it! HA!!!:D

MajorDamage
01-13-2002, 04:36 PM
Mags rule, you may have goofed on the frame though. But a mag can keep up with most guns.

ENDO!

erac
01-13-2002, 04:51 PM
I'm stuck with everything I have. I already installed the stuff on my gun. I have a 68ci 3000 tank that I cant get filled(45 min away for ca) I'm in the process of building 2 16oz anti-siphon co2 tanks to play local rec ball, but my SP on/off's are not in yet. Like I said, I havent even shot my mag yet, so it may be as fast as those other guns. I was just surprised how fast everyones guns were. I thought Cockers and Mags were about equal, but if that's true and Mags are more reliable why were there so many Cockers being used.

AirChunck
01-13-2002, 05:07 PM
There WERE alot of electro's at the Pursuit Cup. Just a guess but:

60% were Angels
20% were Autocockers
8% were Mags (E, Mini, & Classics)
5% were Smart Parts
The rest were Bushys, Tippmans, spyders, others

Restola
01-13-2002, 05:08 PM
I thought Cockers and Mags were about equal, but if that's true and Mags are more reliable why were there so many Cockers being used.

the million dollar question.