PDA

View Full Version : Warp-feed Autococker bodies? (there's a reason, read on)

aNtHrAx323
11-20-2007, 10:40 PM
Hey guys,

Don't worry, I'm not straying [too far] from the Automag camp, but I want to build an ultra-quiet marker for scenario play and think the Autococker might fit the bill nicely. Only problem is I can't find many good options for tactical bodies, nor can I find *any* options for Warp Feed bodies (as I'd like to use a Qloader). Anyone know if any companies still make Warp bodies for Autocockers? If so, is there even a remote chance they have a top sight rail too? Let me know your thoughts - I'm long-time friends with the VP of Southwest Research Institute so if it really had to come down to it, I could draw some plans and use the CNC equipment in their machine shop to build my own (I just personally hate CAD).

Any tips or suggestions would be sincerely appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Campbell Krueger

UThomas
11-20-2007, 11:27 PM
WGP made some warp feed bodies but they are very rare and didn't sell well I don't think. Jackle also made one or two warp feather-lite merlin bodies I think (conqueror had one for a customer I believe).

captian pinky
11-20-2007, 11:35 PM
i say get a body weld the whole and make a new one not to hard idont think

punkncat
11-20-2007, 11:43 PM
I had no idea that WGP made warp bodies....

There are many quiet markers out there other than cockers. May not like the idea, but the SP-8 with the long barrel is VERY quiet, and would be easy to install a Q on.

Bartman
11-20-2007, 11:47 PM
You could use PTP cocker body, the ones with the power feed on them, basicaly the same way you use a power feed mag.

WGP if I remember right did a virtibrae body I think, cool idea, I have a pick, but I think you can find it on warpig as well, 2000 to 2003 IAo coverage I think. or maybe world cup 04

hope this helps.

Bartman

Jaan
11-21-2007, 12:19 AM
I think I might be missing something here...but if you want a warp fed Autococker with a sight rail, why don't you just get a side feed body with sight rail, and put on a warp feed adaptor, the kind that look like right angle power feeds? The Pro Team warp feeds came with them in the box.

Here's a link to the Pro Team page:

http://www.proteamdirect.com/warfeedad.html

Chris_automag_07
11-21-2007, 12:30 AM
not to be a nay-sayer...but my last mag was very quiet. moreso than any cocker i have owned...(have owned four)...but it was an Xvalve and such.

minimag03
11-21-2007, 01:55 AM
My classic valved mag is quiet, but not as quiet as one of my cockers set up for very low pressure. All you can hear if the backblock.

Have you considered a R/F body? I would work better than a vert feed, and they are easy to find.

Duzzy
11-21-2007, 02:12 AM
WGP made some warp feed bodies but they are very rare and didn't sell well I don't think. Jackle also made one or two warp feather-lite merlin bodies I think (conqueror had one for a customer I believe).

That's mine, I custom ordered it from JMJ Concepts. It's actually a Merlin, they milled it from a blank Merlin extrusion.

Sent it to CQ for a pump rod, now RRFireblade is working his magic on it. 3 years and counting. Hopefully, it is almost done.

http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v72/186/57/90500775/n90500775_30158585_1881.jpg

minimag03
11-21-2007, 08:43 AM
Also, I know Doc does Warp conversions. I think I have seen them on his sight before.

warbeak2099
11-21-2007, 11:04 AM
1. Get a left or right feed 2k cocker.
2. Prosper.

2K cockers were available in side feeds and had sight rails on the top of the body.

UThomas
11-21-2007, 11:14 AM
Pics from Warpig:

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/tradeshows/paintball_expo_02/gallery/IMG01.jpg

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/tradeshows/paintball_expo_02/gallery/SideFeedWGP.jpg

magmonkey
11-23-2007, 10:34 AM
wgp made a batch of warp feed bodies based on the vertabre cocker
I REALLY wanted one at world cup 2000 or 2001
just a little other note, does anybody remember Bob Longs warp feed timmy?

Maghog
11-25-2007, 01:18 PM
I've actually always wanted a warp feed cocker body. Is there any concrete address to order one from?