PDA

View Full Version : how much line?

lidocaine
11-22-2007, 04:29 PM
Hey im about to purchase a tac one and am wondering how much stainless braided line I should purchase? 2 pieces of 5 inch? I dont want to pay the 20 or 30 dollars for AGD to do it for me either when it will cost me 15 max to do it myself.

Thanks!

olinar
11-22-2007, 05:27 PM
im not sure how much youll need, wait until it comes in and then purchase it because youll more than likely buy some sort of drop forward.

personally i would go with 1 13 inch hose running form the valve to bottomline, it looks cleaner.

mr doo doo
11-22-2007, 05:49 PM
^^ yea, i agree with olinar. one 13" to 14" Shrink wrapped stainless steel hose is always a simple way to hose up a mag.

lidocaine
11-23-2007, 09:07 AM
So the foregrip would just be something to hang on to, correct?
Bottomline?You mean the asa?
BTW the shrink wrap looks pretty clean, tips on doing it? does it have any performance benefits?
I know I want a dropforward, but not sure which to get, and I also want an on/off ASA.
Suggestions?
Thanks!

olinar
11-23-2007, 11:09 AM
ya i day get the marker and your preffered asa and drop first. then you can just measure how much line youll be needing, 13 inches is usually the perfect amount but it might be too long depending on the size of your drop and whether you have an rt length rail or a am/mm length.

tribalman
11-23-2007, 11:16 AM
So the foregrip would just be something to hang on to, correct?yes, it makes it much easier to hold the marker. keep it on. you can use it as a gas through if you desire, just more places for it to leak from.
Bottomline?You mean the asa?same thing.
BTW the shrink wrap looks pretty clean, tips on doing it? does it have any performance benefits?haven't used SS in a while, never shrink wrapped it. apply heat i guess. no performance upgrade, but it does keep the body from getting scrathed from the SS.
I know I want a dropforward, but not sure which to get, and I also want an on/off ASA.
Suggestions?
Thanks!
as for the drop, try them out. i use a different asa holder depending on the marker and tank i am using. when i'm using my warped spyder or warped emag i have a huge long drop that is perfect for me. when i'm using my freestyle it has no drop, the asa is right under the grip. and the other guns i have a small drop i use. for the most part the one i like the most is this one. a shocktech small. http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=dRgKXI6XBkkKJMnRi8XK9IRDC9D2qA8mds0=?Pro ductID=am6sFAY75VoAAAD3%2e26lA_2t
with a 68ci 4500psi tank it puts a 2k2 timmy in the right spot for me. seeing as how most are only $20, get one and if you like it keep it. or else get a new one while keeping the old or selling it on the bay or here.