PDA

View Full Version : Basic Setup Help Please

wroberson
11-23-2007, 12:32 PM
I'm sorry to ask for such basic help, but I need it. I'm a severe Newby and went a little nuts and bought myself a Longbow ready Tac One right off the bat. No prior experience in gun set up etc. I'm just trying to get it put together. None of the materials provided say where to install the air hoses. I've got the Main tank fitting installed on the bottom of the rear handle. I assume I put one of the 90 degree fittings there and screw one end of the braided hose into it. But, where do I install the other end of the hose. I'm guess at the rear of the mainbody with another 90 degree fitting....but I'm guessing. I can't find any drawings with alternative set ups etc.

If that's it, do I just leave the other two air holes in the forward vertical grip open? Are they just used for remote set ups?

One other thing. I bought a DXS 4500 HP 68 tank. I didn't buy a regulator. Didn't know I had to have one? Do I have to have one? Will I hurt the gun if I just connect the tank to the gun and fire?

Other set up information FYI, I bought the ULE kit but will install that later. Also bought the LVL 10 and had that installed at factory.

lidocaine
11-23-2007, 01:19 PM
You screw the other 90 degree fitting into your valve, or into your gas through grip then to your valve.

No regulator needed, the valve itself is an internal regulator.

It certainly wont hurt the gun if you screw the tank in and fire, thats what your supposed to do.

Hope that helped a bit.

,caine

Spider-TW
11-23-2007, 02:23 PM
If you don't have the two extra fittings needed to go through the grip, you can go directly from tank adapter to the valve. Basically, you're plumbing that 850 psi tank into the back of the valve (the regulator section). How you get it there can be lots of different ways, but it's best not to add another regulator between bottle reg and the valve body.

Get the little CD out of the back of the lvl 10 kit (under the foam) and watch it. ;)

wroberson
11-24-2007, 02:41 PM
If you don't have the two extra fittings needed to go through the grip, you can go directly from tank adapter to the valve. Basically, you're plumbing that 850 psi tank into the back of the valve (the regulator section). How you get it there can be lots of different ways, but it's best not to add another regulator between bottle reg and the valve body.

Get the little CD out of the back of the lvl 10 kit (under the foam) and watch it. ;)

Thanks Gents, think I got it now. Got her all hooked up and played this morning. Had to clean the barrel out several times though. Not sure what happened. Don't really think its the gun. Probably the paintballs, had to clean them off after a few broke in brand new bags. Probably some more week ones in there.

Again, thanks for the help.