PDA

View Full Version : Warpfeed Battery Life

Cypres0099
01-13-2002, 06:17 PM
1. What is the estimated battery time for a warp set with the stock dwell time?

2. How can you tell when your warp is getting low enough on batteries that it will start causing problems?

(Last time I played I used about 900-1000 rnds and towards the end I was wanting to use all the rest of my paint so I went berzerk and I started chopping like mad :confused:, no I wasn't short stroking, and I had no problems at the beginning of the day rapid firing. When I got home I put in a different battery and it was considerably faster so I figured that was the problem.)

I haven't noticed any low bat light or anything like that.

3. I think there should be a sticky/classic whatever, or several, showing all the mods for a warpfeed. On/off, reverse (if possible), intellifeed through emag/mag, tubing through hopper, ect.

Thanks

momags!
01-14-2002, 06:19 AM
I'n not sure what the battery life for them are but I can say that after about 7 hours of continuous play, mine was really struggling to keep up as well.

zads27
01-14-2002, 08:28 PM
Yeah, well it could be your batteries running down.. if so, you may want to give the parallel 9v battery mod a look.. (do a search)

Another thing you might consider, is that if you were just going bezerk on the trigger.. perhaps you were shooting faster than you were in your games, and thus outshot the speed of the normal warp?
*Another consideration, which is very likely, is that you were shooting at a sustained high rate of fire, which is fine on the warp for about 9 shots, but you have to remember, you can only keep sustained ROF as fast as your hopper feeds the warp feed. If you outshoot the hopper, eventually (9 shots or so later), you're basically outshooting your setup.
THINK: A chain is only as strong as its weakest link.
Your paintballing setup is only as fast as its slowest link. (in this case probably your hopper)

Cypres0099
01-14-2002, 08:42 PM
Those are some good ideas.

I am going to do some type of battery mod. First I am trying to find out if there is a way to wire a switch to run the warp in reverse so you don't have to unplug the tube every time to empty it. I tried reversing the polarity but that doesn't work.

As for the battery mod, instead of doing 2 9v in parralell I was thinking of wiring to seperate batteries in parralell to 2 on off switches.

The point of this is you can run 1 9v an your warp until it is getting low enough to cause problems then you could flip the switch of the second battery on as well as the first. This way you get the maximum amount of juice out of the almost dead battery and you never have to deal with a low juice warp. And since they are wired in parralell you won't be overloading your warp on 18v.

Once you are done with the game you just take out the dead battery replace it, switch its switch off until the older one is low and repeat the steps.

Your battery problems have been solved.

Gambit1106
01-15-2002, 11:20 AM
You wouldn't have a problem with 18V by doing the parallel mod. When you run your batteries in parallel it is still 9v, running them in series is 18v. In parallel you will get a longer lifespan and no need to flip any switches.

Darren

Shaft
01-15-2002, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Gambit1106
In parallel you will get a longer lifespan and no need to flip any switches.

Darren

AAAH! It's spreading!!!!
You know what... I'm going to shut up about it after this. I s'pose you can't make a 9v explode by charging another with it (what you're doing with them in parallel).
AND you may get longer life from two in parallel than one (which is what you want). But you most likely do not get longer life than two single batteries used one at a time (which you may never notice).
That's because you waste power as heat while you charge the weaker battery (which batteries DO NOT like - some are more tolerant of it than others: eg. NiCd).

Regulators are cheap and easy to use. When you solder the 9v jacks together you can wire them in series and add a regulator. It's better - plus you get the benefit of faster warp spin.

Ok enough of me as long as nobody makes a habit of this parallel battery stuff.

Cypres0099
01-15-2002, 05:10 PM
I just don't want to have to switch my batteries right in the middle of the game.