PDA

View Full Version : Zero Bounce Paint Info

magc68
01-13-2002, 06:19 PM
i was playing with sonic rage today and they r sponsored by zap and they were shooting zap ultimate. this is a silver metalic shell with really nasty yellow fill in it that stains everything. anyways it was very brittle so i did a bounce test on it. 2 tests of 10 balls a peice and at 6' they all broke on a concrete floor on the first drop. most of the balls shattered on the floor but a few just cracked and spilled. this paint was shot by most of sonic rage and they were using freeflow autockers, lcd angels and led angles (some low pressure and some normal pressure) no one seemed to have excessive paint breakage (1 out of 500) is this consistant with a paint bounce test of 0? how can this paint be shot without breaking every shot down the barrel being so brittle?

FeelTheRT
01-13-2002, 06:32 PM
I did a paint break test this morning with the paint i had and all the ones i tested broke from one bounce. I didn't break a single ball in my gun with a hafl day of play.

*Edited* BTW, i shoot a cocker.

AGD
01-13-2002, 09:27 PM
The 1 in 200-500 is consistent with what we are researching right now for super brittle paint. We think we know why they can shoot it etc. I am waiting for a report from Manny on some new testing.

AGD

magc68
01-13-2002, 10:39 PM
so that is consistant... ok. that makes more sence now. that paint was so brittle. it was breaking on loose clothing with nothing behind it. if seen this paint before many times but never seen it this brittle. just for kicks i tested how low the ball could be dropped and break. i could drop it from about waist high (~3ft) and it would break on concrete.

i have no idea how it gets out of a gun at 300fps....

im planning on picking up a case of this paint to try it out with my freeflow and see the results...

AGD
01-13-2002, 11:09 PM
Magc,

Please document the shoot with the Freeflow. We don't have much data on cockers. I need bounce test and how many balls shot vs how many breaks down barrel. Chops don't count.

Thanks

AGD

i-luv-my-rt
01-14-2002, 10:11 AM
WOW this is wierd. I was supposed to practice yesterday against Sonic with Saints but i had a different tourney to go to. Also, at the other tourney a guy from Sonic was there and i shot his LED with the same paint you described. He had no breaks but when i put it through my captians Adrenaline LED and he had a few barrel breaks. The guy from Sonic also wouldnt tell us what input from his inline reg he was running but he was running 450 in to a gladiator. Kinda wierd, you have a freeflow y dont you ask tom if you can do the testing of it for you. Talk to you later guys!!!

magc68
01-14-2002, 10:13 AM
ill get ahold of one of the players to get some of this paint for this weekend.

tom,
do u want the shooting of the gun to be in actuall play or just shooting it?

magc68
03-26-2002, 03:22 PM
i got some very brittle jt elite paint. it had a bounce test of zero. would break from wasit level. :eek:

2 cases. one case pink and one case yellow. had the same bounce test result of 0.

i shot 1000 rounds of the yellow with a vertical feed freeflow. i broke 2 balls down the barrel... zero chops. the breaks occured when running and shooting and one at the chrono. last time my gun was tested on a pressure gague it was reading ~270 for final input pressure from the inline reg.

2000 rounds of pink were shot from a RT pro with warp feed.
he had 8 breaks down the barrel and no chops. from what he said he only broke paint when he was shooting really fast.